Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Find a way to package Backes back to Blues.

You should probably check the Blues cap space before posting this.

Which contract is coming back the other way?

Perron and Bozak just signed there.

Blues ain't sending any of Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, O'Reilly, Steen, Parayko, Allen or Pietrangelo to Boston for Backes.

And I'm sure they'd prefer one-year of Bouwmeester's contract vs. 3 years of Backes.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You should probably check the Blues cap space before posting this.

Which contract is coming back the other way?

Perron and Bozak just signed there.

Blues ain't sending any of Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, O'Reilly, Steen, Parayko, Allen or Pietrangelo to Boston for Backes.

And I'm sure they'd prefer one-year of Bouwmeester's contract vs. 3 years of Backes.

I hear you. Don’t care where he lands just too bad he’s taking up space on the bruins. Too many better options.

Reactions: Estlin

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hear you. Don’t care where he lands just too bad he’s taking up space on the bruins. Too many better options.

Bruins have cap space now. For this year I'm not worried about it. If Backes can produce his usually 40 points and provide leadership and net front presence on the 2nd PP unit it's OK. Not 6 million OK, but not devastating.

But next year different story, especially if Heinen ends up on the Krejci line for most of the year and surpasses his production of last year. Bruins will need all the cap space they can muster.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
love to have a signed Panerin. Prospects won't do it, though
Columbus is looking to contend now.

Basically this ^

CBJ is in win-now mode. You don't move your best player unless you are getting back roster pieces that can help them win now into the second round.
Boston wants to add to their roster, not subtract. Jarmo is not going to take a package of prospects or young players without McAvoy being the center.
That would be crazy for Boston.

As usual, Murphy writing simply to write and keep the paychecks coming. Not writing to say something that needs to be said.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Donny not going for Panaren - I’ll bet my Bobby Schmautz Sher-Wood

But a guy I love who I would be all over is Ivan Barbashev

I’m a big draft and develop keep your own players but this kid screams Bruins. I think he’s got 25/60 points and is very good in all zones

I’d be so tempted to deal for him because his upside is Krejci numbers and very good defense

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Donny not going for Panaren - I’ll bet my Bobby Schmautz Sher-Wood

But a guy I love who I would be all over is Ivan Barbashev

I’m a big draft and develop keep your own players but this kid screams Bruins. I think he’s got 25/60 points and is very good in all zones

I’d be so tempted to deal for him because his upside is Krejci numbers and very good defense

Given the center depth that St. Louis has acquired this is not out of the realm of possibility. I would think there is a possible trade match here given pieces we have they might like. What could put a damper on this idea is if Fabbri continues to be Mr. Glass. Oh, and the fact we have 3 good centers that could be a year or two away from breaking the line-up.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Is Ivan Barbashev available or just a refreshing new name being thrown out instead of the usual ones?

No, I have not heard anything. I think this is like the Miles Wood discussion. A young player that would look good in black & gold.

St. Louis has centers to spare:
Schenn, O'Reilly, Bozak, Fabbri, Kyrou, Barbashev, Thomas, etc.

Fabbri is injured again so that opens a spot that is almost certain to go to Kyrou I believe. THat top 3 is pretty solid so I see Barbashev on the outside looking in.

Would make a good 3rd C for us, and we could tempt St. Louis with a package of youth.

It's possible.

I see management sitting on our centers in Providence for a bit to see what they got there though.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bruins really need to stop trading assets for things that amount to nothing.

Only way way to trade for Panarin is 100% based on him re-signing. If that's not in the cards, don't do it.

Sweeney had the right idea last season at the deadline, but I would do it earlier this year.

We have a million prospects. Every year we add to it and the additions seem to be pretty damn good. Andersson, Lauko and Studnicka look better than prospects that were already in house.

Marchand, DeBrusk and Pastrnak are firmly entrenched as top two line wingers. Bergeron and DK here for 3 years minimum. Leaves one spot. How many of these guys do you need?

Donato, Heinen, Bjork, Lauko, Stud, Freddy, JFK all seem capable 3rd liners at worst. Urho, Zboril, Lauzon, Andersson.....

Plenty of trade bait if they so need it, they should go for it

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
After seeing what the B's FO gave up for a cooked Nash, I rather we keep our prospects. No more trades, they are terrible at it and no more FA signings , they are even worse at that.

Of course, they'll need to manage them better than they did Czarnik.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is Ivan Barbashev available or just a refreshing new name being thrown out instead of the usual ones?
He was a favorite of mine and last year when the Blues came in a kept an eye on him and he played well - all the traits were there. He’s still 21 or 22 and buried on 4th line - saw him score the other night. I actually traded for him in SIM the other day that’s how much I like him

He was rated very highly in his 2014 draft class and was hailed draft night as a super steal at 33 by the Blues

Bruins took Pastrnak and I was at my buds house and included a few HF regulars and I called the Pastrnak pick at 6 before draft although I said when the Bruins were on the clock I hope they take Barbachev

Genius at 6 dummy at 10
Happens

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Sweeney had the right idea last season at the deadline, but I would do it earlier this year.

We have a million prospects. Every year we add to it and the additions seem to be pretty damn good. Andersson, Lauko and Studnicka look better than prospects that were already in house.

Marchand, DeBrusk and Pastrnak are firmly entrenched as top two line wingers. Bergeron and DK here for 3 years minimum. Leaves one spot. How many of these guys do you need?

Donato, Heinen, Bjork, Lauko, Stud, Freddy, JFK all seem capable 3rd liners at worst. Urho, Zboril, Lauzon, Andersson.....

Plenty of trade bait if they so need it, they should go for it
I'm not against moving prospects.

I'm against moving out a bunch of guys for nothing in the end.

Nash got hurt, Nash didn't re-sign.

Much rather even overpay for a guy that's in the plans for beyond 1 post season than pay for rentals. With the way this team has been drafting, draft picks should be gold at this point.

Reactions: Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Much rather even overpay for a guy that's in the plans for beyond 1 post season than pay for rentals. With the way this team has been drafting, draft picks should be gold at this point.

I’d rather add proven talent to Bergeron, Chara,Rask and Krejci, even if it’s just for a championship run this season then add more guys for 2022 when those vets will be gone.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

They’ve tried to band-aid Krejci’s RW since Horton left and it hasn’t worked. At all. Much prefer they just solve the problem once and for all.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
They’ve tried to band-aid Krejci’s RW since Horton left and it hasn’t worked. At all. Much prefer they just solve the problem once and for all.
They can if they just get rid of Krejci :sarcasm:.

Adding Stone or even Duchene (3rd line C) would be nice, but it doesn't seem likely that Ottawa would trade within the eastern conference let alone within the division based on them trading Karlsson. I'm fine with either Heinen, Donato, or Cehlarik playing on Krejci's right. They all look ready to me.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d rather add proven talent to Bergeron, Chara,Rask and Krejci, even if it’s just for a championship run this season then add more guys for 2022 when those vets will be gone.
112 points and loaded loaded loaded all over the place 24 and under

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Zero chance he does this

Goes 180 degrees against his philosophy

Panarin makes sense if they do away with the cap

I highly recommend you watch what unfolds in Toronto and Tampa the next 24 months with their cap - I don’t care what the posters say they are losing multiple good players

And we won't? Pretty sure Chara and maybe even Krug will be gone in 24 months. Large step back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad