Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The most valuable trade asset right now is the Avs holding Ott's unprotected 1st round pick since the Avs are a playoff capable team.

If the Avs loose some LD to long term injury, that's my target with a potential Krug trade.
This has been targeted a great draft and you look no further during expansion with Vegas teams avoided as best they could 2019 draft picks being moved.

Ottawa really screwed up

Reactions: 00BW

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Can never have too many grizzled veteran players. (Sarcasm).

Is it still 1999?

How in the world are they trying to address a critical roster need through the waiver wire given all the other time and effort they wasted signing marginal players this year? What even is this organization?

Before anyone accuses me of freaking out or whatever, I'm not hysterial, I'm just totally perplexed by the decisions this org makes on an almost daily basis.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
How in the world are they trying to address a critical roster need through the waiver wire given all the other time and effort they wasted signing marginal players this year? What even is this organization?

Before anyone accuses me of freaking out or whatever, I'm not hysterial, I'm just totally perplexed by the decisions this org makes on an almost daily basis.

I think you are overreacting. This is a writer speculating on something and it seems quite likely he could be wrong. There’s nothing about the strict commitment to youth we’ve seen here that tells me they plan to snatch up some over the hill depth guy to fill any meaningful roles.

I think it’s much more valid to be concerned that Sweeney is/will be able to close on a meaningful add in the vein Neely seemed to indicate than the odds he supplants a kid with some waiver nobody. We got all hot and bothered with Gionta last year and it turned out they utilized him reasonably. I think the GM/staff probably deserve some leeway in this area.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I think you are overreacting. This is a writer speculating on something and it seems quite likely he could be wrong. There’s nothing about the strict commitment to youth we’ve seen here that tells me they plan to snatch up some over the hill depth guy to fill any meaningful roles.

I think it’s much more valid to be concerned that Sweeney is/will be able to close on a meaningful add in the vein Neely seemed to indicate than the odds he supplants a kid with some waiver nobody. We got all hot and bothered with Gionta last year and it turned out they utilized him reasonably. I think the GM/staff probably deserve some leeway in this area.

Okay, preface my comment with "If this is true" and go from there. Again, I'm not freaking out, this just feels extremely weird.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Heinen + Cehlarik + 2nd
for
Duchene.

Get rid of Back Aches in the off-season somehow and re-sign Duchene. He is the ideal 3rd line center who'd become the 2nd line center before long.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I don't think I want any moves made. Always fun to start a new season with some prospects in the mix, and even more fun when you have a few more that could make the leap in Providence.

If I'm Sweeney, I'm checking with my prospects right now and seeing what comes up on the flop.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Okay, preface my comment with "If this is true" and go from there. Again, I'm not freaking out, this just feels extremely weird.

Welcome to the Club. Players 6 through 12 on the forward lines are woefully inadequate and underwhelming. And dont let anyone tell you different. Its pretty sad.

Reactions: Fenian24

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Curtis lazar is one of my favorite young prospects for years now... but we are so deep I cant even make a realistic suggestion that we grab him. we are deep with our kids

time to let some play and weed themselves out... and time for us to start thinking of trading a couple for an upgrade before its us losing them on waivers in the next year or two

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not only finances but the performance of the avalanche and senators with and without him. Another user pointed out the contrasting directions of his new team and old team last year.

Lol duchess wasn’t the reason both teams were bad. Colorado was a young team that was building in the right direction and Ottawa when they acquired him had already began their fire sale pretty much.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Welcome to the Club. Players 6 through 12 on the forward lines are woefully inadequate and underwhelming. And dont let anyone tell you different. Its pretty sad.
But we have Donato and Bjork and Senyshyn and Frederic and JFK and they are all ready to step in and contribute right away, or so I have been told.

This is a one and a half line team with a good top 4 D that is woefully small, not physical at forward beyond Backes and Wagner and relying far too much on rookies improving and prospects being ready. Last years 112 points hurts this team in many ways, if they want to get all the suspect prospects playing time in the NHL they cannot expect to contend, unfortunately the core is getting older by the second and Rask, Krejci, Chara and Bergeron won't be anywhere near as effective in a year or tow as they are now or were last year. Krecji may have already become taken too many steps back to be a top end number two center.

To me it is still a tweener team too old to rebuild too many holes to contend.

They will struggle to make the playoffs if MacAvoy, DeBrusk or Carlo don't improve much less regress.

Reactions: JP Nolan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
But we have Donato and Bjork and Senyshyn and Frederic and JFK and they are all ready to step in and contribute right away, or so I have been told.

This is a one and a half line team with a good top 4 D that is woefully small, not physical at forward beyond Backes and Wagner and relying far too much on rookies improving and prospects being ready. Last years 112 points hurts this team in many ways, if they want to get all the suspect prospects playing time in the NHL they cannot expect to contend, unfortunately the core is getting older by the second and Rask, Krejci, Chara and Bergeron won't be anywhere near as effective in a year or tow as they are now or were last year. Krecji may have already become taken too many steps back to be a top end number two center.

To me it is still a tweener team too old to rebuild too many holes to contend.

They will struggle to make the playoffs if MacAvoy, DeBrusk or Carlo don't improve much less regress.

Most of these holes you talk about don't even exist. They could use an upgrade at 3rd line center IMO. Someone will grab ahold of that 2nd line RW job. The D is solid and deep, the goaltending tandem will give them a chance to win every night.

I did notice a lot of your favorite players, the more pugilistic-types, went on waivers the past week or so.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ok.....this is for proposals. We appear to be back to critiquing the Front Office.
So to that end I request that talk migrate to the 'Sweeney' thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->