Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No matter how you slice it we're still potentially losing first pair defender and a 2nd pair 60 point defender. I won't blame people for wanting to win now cause we have a small window at the moment. There might be a window in 3 years too, but Bergeron and everyone else will be that much older. I also think this team could improve from within enough to win the conference, but adding a guy like Panarin would make them favorites and how could you not like that.
If there left side calls for keeping Krug I’m sure they would find away

I’m using my worrying energy on Willy Nylander taking a home town discount

In 18 months if the left side is in shambles I’ll worry about Krug

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If only this were true, guys like Matt Cooke would be eating out of feeding tubes for a good chunk of their lives.
That fight with Evander Kane where he got knocked out may revisit him later in life. You never know how brain responds and his got a serious bruise that day

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Sounds like you are trolling me

I asked you a question in response to your post ? I want your 2020 prediction to come true. I just am asking why you think that because it is not the first time you have said it.

Reactions: DKH

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
My guess is most of it comes down to the young guys developing/maturing.

Lots of teams have great young kids maturing...TAMPA for one. MATTHEWS could get better in Toronto and Marner and Nylander.....Philly has some great youngsters here now and coming. Nolan Patrick looked pretty good the last thirty games last year.

If thats the reason, We are not alone.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lots of teams have great young kids maturing...TAMPA for one. MATTHEWS could get better in Toronto and Marner and Nylander.....Philly has some great youngsters here now and coming. Nolan Patrick looked pretty good the last thirty games last year.

If thats the reason, We are not alone.

Sure, but do they all have the same elite core in place? do they have the same amount of young talent asked to play the same type of minutes? Going into the 2020 season:

McAvoy - 3rd year
Carlo - 4th year
Heinen - 3rd year
DeBrusk - 3rd year
Donato - 2nd year

You asked why not this year and that's why. The extra year of development should be huge for those guys in order for them to become more consistent impact players. Then again as I explain this I realize maybe @DKH is right and you're just looking to be a troll

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Sure, but do they all have the same elite core in place? do they have the same amount of young talent asked to play the same type of minutes? Going into the 2020 season:

McAvoy - 3rd year
Carlo - 4th year
Heinen - 3rd year
DeBrusk - 3rd year
Donato - 2nd year

You asked why not this year and that's why. The extra year of development should be huge for those guys in order for them to become more consistent impact players. Then again as I explain this I realize maybe @DKH is right and you're just looking to be a troll
Really......So you take nothing into account that Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, will be no longer in their prime Backes is basically already finished......and that elite group just may not be what it was.....Hell of a gamble to waste 3-4 years of these "elite" guys to wait for youngsters to mature.....If thats was the plan, it was a poor one.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

McAvoy - 3rd year
Carlo - 4th year
Heinen - 3rd year
DeBrusk - 3rd year
Donato - 2nd year

And actually those teams do have elite talent......Giroux, Simmonds, Voracheck, The Provorov kid, All they need is an elite goalie......Something we have in the regular season only......Tampa has plenty of veterans, So now does Toronto......

Let me fill you in....It is a teams duty to compete every year, Not wait four years. Especially since our core was 28-29 the Bergies and Krejci's when this guy took over. I say he should have traded the JFKs and the Bjorks and a few picks and went after it in 2015 and 16 and 17.....Thats when our elite core was still PRIME.....Wasted four years....SHAME on them...

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
And actually those teams do have elite talent......Giroux, Simmonds, Voracheck, The Provorov kid, All they need is an elite goalie......Something we have in the regular season only......Tampa has plenty of veterans, So now does Toronto......

Let me fill you in....It is a teams duty to compete every year, Not wait four years. Especially since our core was 28-29 the Bergies and Krejci's when this guy took over. I say he should have traded the JFKs and the Bjorks and a few picks and went after it in 2015 and 16 and 17.....Thats when our elite core was still PRIME.....Wasted four years....SHAME on them...

I'm impressed by your dedication

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

They are trying to compete every year, going all in for a few left them depleted in prospects which kept them from being able to for a few years. They are again ready to compete every year, they have the assets to do so and used some last year to again go all in. I don't see what the problem is, Sweeney isn't looking to just burn assets in trades that aren't there to improve the team. It is frustrating at times seeing him not make trades, but he has also had better success counting on the kids to get the job done so I don't see the issue with him primarily playing to his strength. Part of the issue of playing with kids is they are less consistent but they also offer higher skill levels for a lower price. That is how the NHL is constructed right now and we are one of the top teams using that system. I just don't see where the issue is.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Oh ok, so you didn't actually care why he thought 2022, you were just looking to troll and complain because your smarter than actual NHL managers.

Feel free to respond, but I have no intention to read it

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

The Provorov Kid!!!! You could have just said "Provorov". But haha at this whole post.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
The most valuable trade asset right now is the Avs holding Ott's unprotected 1st round pick since the Avs are a playoff capable team.

If the Avs loose some LD to long term injury, that's my target with a potential Krug trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->