Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Bob McKenzie, on his weekly podcast released today stated that with St.Louis inching closer to a playoff spot there’s a good chance that impacts any selling the Blues may have been considering, mentioning Schenn in particular as having been discussed with Boston deeply in the last week or two but further implying that may have now changed.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I would say Schenn+ Williams type deadline would give them a shot.

Sure they'd have a puncher's chance. But they already moved out a 1st rounder and Lindgren last year. I'd like to see them have some talent to play with Pastrnak and McAvoy in 2 or 3 years.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Bruins front office sitting on their asses annoys me! Spoiler alert: TB Tor Wash and Pitts are all gonna get better sooner than later! Let's try this thing called proactive vs reactive.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Forsbacka-Karlsson is younger and is outproducing Rask this year, let’s not pretend he’s a stud. He’s declined in back to back years so far. That’s typically not a good sign. I’ve got family who are hurricanes season ticket holders (yes I know they are unicorns, you never see them in the wild) and the feedback I get on rask is that he’s maddeningly inconsistent.

I don't see them (JFK and Rask) comparable at all.

Minnesota are a veteran team with an aging core trying to win now. Rask may be inconsistent and having a disappointing season, but if your trying to win a cup now your chances are better with Rask as your 3rd line C than you are JFK (and I like JFK).

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
It’s very clear many are myopic about the ‘15 draft (and I have no desire to debate it), but regardless, if it is one thing Sweeney has proven is that he can restock the cupboards with amateur talent.

If they feel like they’ve got a good shot by adding two players, then shouldn’t they? Isn’t that what those assets are there for? Finding and exploiting their window?

I think they can swing pretty big at the cup twice in 18 months without killing their prospects or picks.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Bruins front office sitting on their asses annoys me! Spoiler alert: TB Tor Wash and Pitts are all gonna get better sooner than later! Let's try this thing called proactive vs reactive.
Since there appears to be more sellers than buyers at this point, isn’t it better to wait it out until prices come down?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Forsbacka-Karlsson is younger and is outproducing Rask this year, let’s not pretend he’s a stud. He’s declined in back to back years so far. That’s typically not a good sign. I’ve got family who are hurricanes season ticket holders (yes I know they are unicorns, you never see them in the wild) and the feedback I get on rask is that he’s maddeningly inconsistent.

Yes, I think JFK is more valuable than Rask, but no way would I have traded him for Nino, and that bloated contract he has.

I think people calling the trade lopsided are underestimating how much Nino has under performed his contract

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sure they'd have a puncher's chance. But they already moved out a 1st rounder and Lindgren last year. I'd like to see them have some talent to play with Pastrnak and McAvoy in 2 or 3 years.

I wouldn't kill the future.
Keep Pasta, McAvoy, DeBrusk, Carlo.

Vaaks, Studnicka, Frederic, 1st from the prospect pool.

Have Grzelcyk, Heinen, JFK, Seny, picks from 2nd-> available, look for Schenn/Saad/Silf type+ another 2nd tier rental addition.

For contending I'd say 1st line is a check, defense is a check, the net is check, getting 1 top6 player+ top9 player could set the bottom9 nicely and give them a shot.

No, I think they have to see that Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta is a viable option first.

I don't think the Bergeron line is playing all that well right now (I don't think Pasta has scored an ES goal or picked up an ES assist with 37 & 88 in weeks) so that gives me some hope that they'll be willing to try something different.

If that Czech line clicks, I think it opens up some exciting options. You could try DeBrusk with Marchand and Bergeron but I'd really like to see him with Heinen in a Phil Kessel type of 3rd line role. You also can be more flexible with the RW you acquire because Marchand and Bergeron are much better at assimilating line mates.

For that to be possible they really need a quality addition. Even then with just 1 addition it could either work or very well end up like more of the same, just no idea what you'll get from the midd6 from game to game.

Really would like to see them make a move soon and settle down the roster, "secure" the playoffs spot and build chemistry without rushing.

I don't see them (JFK and Rask) comparable at all.

Minnesota are a veteran team with an aging core trying to win now. Rask may be inconsistent and having a disappointing season, but if your trying to win a cup now your chances are better with Rask as your 3rd line C than you are JFK (and I like JFK).

As Carolina fans say he's been even bad for a 4th line C and so slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Bob McKenzie, on his weekly podcast released today stated that with St.Louis inching closer to a playoff spot there’s a good chance that impacts any selling the Blues may have been considering, mentioning Schenn in particular as having been discussed with Boston deeply in the last week or two but further implying that may have now changed.

This...why would Blues trade now? only a few points away from playoff spot and finally getting healthy.

The other teams in trade rumours make sense (Hawks, Rangers, Florida, Carolina, Aneheim, Ottawa)

Dzingle...

Reactions: bbfan419 and BBB24

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

With the emergence of Greenway and Kunin, and Coyle finally producing more as a winger and not a C, they were overloaded with wingers and moved one out for a comparable C (relatively same age/experience/term/AAV).

That's what this is. It's not a "cap dump" as you say. I don't care what Carolina fans told you on the main board where you like to hang out.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With the emergence of Greenway and Kunin, and Coyle finally producing more as a winger and not a C, they were overloaded with wingers and moved one out for a comparable C (relatively same age/experience/term/AAV).

That's what this is. It's not a "cap dump" as you say. I don't care what Carolina fans told you on the main board where you like to hang out.

I've just as well watched lot of their games, as well as seeing out the fans reactions.
He's abysmal and slow.

Right now it's not a close match between the 2, Nino beats Rask in everything currently.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've just as well watched lot of their games, as well as seeing out the fans reactions.
He's abysmal and slow.

Right now it's not a close match between the 2, Nino beats Rask in everything currently.

I don't doubt that Nino is the better player. I'd take him over Rask 10 times out of 10. But this deal isn't about whose the better player.

But it's an apples to oranges comparison on-ice while being a apples to apples comparison off-ice (age/contract).

Minnesota had by my count once they picked up Aberg no less than 11 NHL caliber wingers including Coyle whose been better as a RW recently and Fehr whose played most of his NHL career as a wing.

You only need 8 wingers dressed in a game.

So they dealt one of their 11 wingers for a center whose contract is practically identical.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Since there appears to be more sellers than buyers at this point, isn’t it better to wait it out until prices come down?

Wait it out till when? We're on the outside looking in? We lose a top 6 forward to an injury and the other teams smell blood? Now is the time but that's of course thru my eyes

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Yes it would be nice too be pro-active. Toronto is going to make a move, their going to add a defenseman of significance, Id much rather see Sweeney and company force the leafs hand than make a move as a response to the leafs move.

I'd much rather see the Leafs make a move in response to the Bruins.

In any event Sweeney is getting paid to do more than evaluate and kick tires, at least I hope he is.

Reactions: Strafer and Dizzay

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't doubt that Nino is the better player. I'd take him over Rask 10 times out of 10. But this deal isn't about whose the better player.

But it's an apples to oranges comparison on-ice while being a apples to apples comparison off-ice (age/contract).

Minnesota had by my count once they picked up Aberg no less than 11 NHL caliber wingers including Coyle whose been better as a RW recently and Fehr whose played most of his NHL career as a wing.

You only need 8 wingers dressed in a game.

So they dealt one of their 11 wingers for a center whose contract is practically identical.

I'm not saying Nino shouldn't have, or couldn't have gone.
But Rask should have had big time negative value, his contract was a big concern for future moves, Carolina can't have 2 AHL level players(Darling& Rask) making millions when trying to shop for quality players.
Nino is atleast a midd6 player who adds size, scores at a 40 point pace even when underperforming and drives the play. Far from AHL level player.

I'm betting this sets up for future moves for Carolina.

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Yes it would be nice too be pro-active. Toronto is going to make a move, their going to add a defenseman of significance, Id much rather see Sweeney and company force the leafs hand than make a move as a response to the leafs move.

I'd much rather see the Leafs make a move in response to the Bruins.

In any event Sweeney is getting paid to do more than evaluate and kick tires, at least I hope he is.
I can see Toronto adding Jake Muzzin. He’s signed for one more season after this one for 4m. Leafs can let Gardiner walk away into free agency and use his cap on Muzzin. They need help defensively and Muzzin fits the bill.

I think St. Louis is on pause for now while they make an attempt to crawl into a playoff spot.

Sweeney may just have to wait for the deadline

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I can see Toronto adding Jake Muzzin. He’s signed for one more season after this one for 4m. Leafs can let Gardiner walk away into free agency and use his cap on Muzzin. They need help defensively and Muzzin fits the bill.

I think St. Louis is on pause for now while they make an attempt to crawl into a playoff spot.

Muzzin would be a solid addition and at this point trading 1st shouldn't be a big deal for Toronto.

Just another game dreaming something would happen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Muzzin was gone from Sault St. Marie by the time Dubas became GM there, but Dubas grew up in the Sault and was a scout for them before he became GM at age 25, so he's likely very familiar with Muzzin and people who worked with him there. I could see him being a big time target for the Leafs.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I wouldn't kill the future.
Keep Pasta, McAvoy, DeBrusk, Carlo.

Vaaks, Studnicka, Frederic, 1st from the prospect pool.

Have Grzelcyk, Heinen, JFK, Seny, picks from 2nd-> available, look for Schenn/Saad/Silf type+ another 2nd tier rental addition.

For contending I'd say 1st line is a check, defense is a check, the net is check, getting 1 top6 player+ top9 player could set the bottom9 nicely and give them a shot.

For that to be possible they really need a quality addition. Even then with just 1 addition it could either work or very well end up like more of the same, just no idea what you'll get from the midd6 from game to game.

Really would like to see them make a move soon and settle down the roster, "secure" the playoffs spot and build chemistry without rushing.

I like what your saying. I think we need to upgrade we need a two for one trade. I agree on keeping those prospects unless we can’t say no.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BB88

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Damn I'd rather have gotten Nino for nothing than give up something like JDB for one of St Louis guys.

We couldn't beat an offer of Victor f***ing Rask?

Donny drops the ball again as usual.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Other than O'Reilly nothing really jumping out at me on the blues. And I would love the return of an O'Reilly on this team.

Slow night...thought with the blues in town this place would implode...

Are we still interested in the blue notes nots?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad