Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I wonder if Providence is hidden in some alternate dimension no other GM even knows exists. Teams also never scout AHL games.

I know you love Cehlarik and he has looked goods. But some of your takes are so far out there.

I was just about to type this.

The idea that professional scouts were unaware of Cehlarik until his last two games and the one about Sweeney keeping Cehlarik in PRO for 3 months just to bump up the trade value of Bjork, Donato and Heinen are two of the most unintentionally funny takes I have seen. I’m sure the scouts know more about him than we do (except for BF).

BF, love you man, but you are whacked :laugh:

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

The idea that professional scouts were unaware of Cehlarik until his last two games and the one about Sweeney keeping Cehlarik in PRO for 3 months just to bump up the trade value of Bjork, Donato and Heinen are two of the most unintentionally funny takes I have seen. I’m sure the scouts know more about him than we do (except for BF).

Ha it was a bad take. My bad. And yes I’m whacked. :). Now (yes I’m serious) how do we get Heinengoing with some better players. I’m hoping it’s one of Donato or JFK.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Primetime Sports yesterday had Brian Burke on for his weekly segment and they got into the topic of "war rooms" and the amount of work they (pro teams) put into knowing exactly what other teams had in their organization, how they laid it out, etc. It was crazy.

Needless to say, other teams, including scouts, are very well aware of the players of other teams from top (NHL) to the very bottom (CHL/NCAA/etc.).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Is Dzingel going to be your "Paul Byron" this year for the run up to the trade deadline?

Ha yes! I m hoping for less assets going the other way. With shenn types it’s gojng to cost too much. WHi knows maybe Dzingel will cost as much. I just want to see some more speed in the line up. Something. The bruins desperately need in the forward group. D is perfect

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
What if Sweeney just said **** it and went out and rebuilt the entire 3rd line? You'd pretty much wipe out your prospect pool but it would make for a solid top 9....

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Cehlarik
Ferland - Schenn - Silfverberg
No thanks for going broke. You can do some buying but leave some in the bank for rainy days. Keep donato from that third line at least.

Reactions: bbfan419

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Gotta believe a few GMs who were scouting the likes of Heinen Donato and JFK have shifted their attention to Cehlarik (hidden in Providence).

I see Don considering trading Cehlarik however I don't see Neely (been wanting this type of player for some time now) and Cassidy (looking for 2nd line chemistry) being on board.
I think Heinen in particular looked bad last night. His confidence is low already. Trade talk can’t be helping. Puck was a grenade on his stick last night.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
What if Sweeney just said **** it and went out and rebuilt the entire 3rd line? You'd pretty much wipe out your prospect pool but it would make for a solid top 9....

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Cehlarik
Ferland - Schenn - Silfverberg
That looks better than the
Nordstrom Frederic Backes line they'll throw out after the break

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Ha yes! I m hoping for less assets going the other way. With shenn types it’s gojng to cost too much. WHi knows maybe Dzingel will cost as much. I just want to see some more speed in the line up. Something. The bruins desperately need in the forward group. D is perfect

Some more speed up front certainly wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: TwineTickler

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Trade thread says all Ducks are available except Gibson.

From what I remember, 4 more years cap hit going to 5.8
Adam Henrique

any interest??

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ha it was a bad take. My bad. And yes I’m whacked. :). Now (yes I’m serious) how do we get Heinengoing with some better players. I’m hoping it’s one of Donato or JFK.

I believe that if the B’s make a deal for Schenn (or similar), that Heinen will be going the other way. I’m hoping that the B’s bring in a legit 3C, but I doubt Heinen will be here to play with him.

Personally, I think it’s a mistake because I think he’s the only legit 3rd liner on that “3rd line” (really 4th) right now. You can bring in a Schenn or Pageau, but with two wings that aren’t NHL 3rd line players, what’s the point?

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I know its only 2 games but Cehlarik fits like a glove on Krejci's line. Great hands, big body and wins a ton of puck battles along the wall. They have been the best Bruin line the last 2 games. I said it when Cehlarik was called up that if he plays well with Krejci and Debrusk than the Bruins really only need to make one trade and that is for a 3C.

In no particular order all of these players are presumed available. Bruins have the pieces to acquire any one of them.

Schenn
Duchene
Eric Staal (cost a lot less than Schenn)
Pageau
Kevin Hayes
Brassard

Reactions: bbfan419

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think Heinen in particular looked bad last night. His confidence is low already. Trade talk can’t be helping. Puck was a grenade on his stick last night.

Looks like he’s thinking way too much. His passing was fine, but there were a couple of times when he should have just ripped a shot. The positive for me is that he was around the puck, creating turnovers, and had the puck on his stick, but was just fighting it.

I have resigned myself to the idea that he’s getting dealt. Hope it’s not one they regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad