Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Okay. You all know the drill.

Continued from here:

Proposal: - All Bruins Trade talk - Mod Warning in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Serious Queston.

Have you've watched Puljujarvi play?

I mean he seems lethargic and non interested and more or less he seems to just lug around the ice.

I have a lot.

Work ethic has never been the issue with Pulju, and his extra workouts were just few days ago brought up when he was practising alone with Koskinen after the practise in Edmonton.

When he entered the league it was clear from day 1 he was a raw prospect, Todd never even tried to develop him, if he made a mistake he was benched, or at the press box, his good play on his rookie season was never rewarded, then it went to going back between AHL/NHL, never seeing any type of consistency, and when asked of Pulju he couldn't say what he had done wrong or what he should do because Todd never told him, and Todd just always used his lack of english skills as an excuse.
& Just when he was send to AHL this season and started to "dominate" in games they hired Hitch who immediately brought him up again.

They complete broke his confidence, and I believe confidence is everything for young players.
Of course there's blame on Pulju for not being able to fix his coordination/puck handling issues but damm it was an ugly mess.

If you trade for him you either send him to AHL for good amount of time to work on his problems(puck handling) or you make him move to Bergerons and learn from him.

Reactions: Strafer

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I have a lot.

Work ethic has never been the issue with Pulju, and his extra workouts were just few days ago brought up when he was practising alone with Koskinen after the practise in Edmonton.

When he entered the league it was clear from day 1 he was a raw prospect, Todd never even tried to develop him, if he made a mistake he was benched, or at the press box, his good play on his rookie season was never rewarded, then it went to going back between AHL/NHL, never seeing any type of consistency, and when asked of Pulju he couldn't say what he had done wrong or what he should do because Todd never told him, and Todd just always used his lack of english skills as an excuse.
& Just when he was send to AHL this season and started to "dominate" in games they hired Hitch who immediately brought him up again.

They complete broke his confidence, and I believe confidence is everything for young players.
Of course there's blame on Pulju for not being able to fix his coordination/puck handling issues but damm it was an ugly mess.

If you trade for him you either send him to AHL for good amount of time to work on his problems(puck handling) or you make him move to Bergerons and learn from him.

I don't know. I think that's an excuse every young player has and the easy way out when things don't go as planned or they haven't reached their so called potential. I'm sure If he was doing the right things and he was ready he would of remained on the Oil. I mean they want to win games.

To me it was more than apparent he wasn't ready and may not be the player they thought he was.

I agree Confidence is everything in a young player but a coach by not playing him or by sending him to the minors because he doesn't like the job he's doing or the player is not where they thought he would be as far as development. will happen.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't know. I think that's an excuse every young player has and the easy way out when things don't go as planned or they haven't reached their so called potential. I'm sure If he was doing the right things and he was ready he would of remained on the Oil. I mean they want to win games.

To me it was more than apparent he wasn't ready and may not be the player they thought he was.

I agree Confidence is everything in a young player but a coach by not playing him or by sending him to the minors because he doesn't like the job he's doing or the player is not where they thought he would be as far as development. will happen.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here, regarding my post.

This isn't something that has started to happen lately, this goes back to the start and day 1.

When it was clear he was as raw as he was they should have send him to AHL for a good amount of time, and talk with him. Instead of what they ended up doing, which was throwing him around without speaking to him. Remember this is an 18y Finn moving to a new country with limited english skills. The support group was completely lacking.

If you trade for him today you trade for him as a prospect and should have a longterm plan with him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Reactions: Strafer and TCB

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
With rumors that the Ducks are pretty much willing to sell anyone, I wonder if we could get a package together to try and get Rackell. 25 year old with two 30 goal seasons, signed to a very nice cap hit for good term, but I don't think any of our expendable assets (LHD prospects) are overwhelmingly attractive to the Ducks.

I'd think 1st+Bjork+Zboril is ok value.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
With rumors that the Ducks are pretty much willing to sell anyone, I wonder if we could get a package together to try and get Rackell. 25 year old with two 30 goal seasons, signed to a very nice cap hit for good term, but I don't think any of our expendable assets (LHD prospects) are overwhelmingly attractive to the Ducks.

I'd think 1st+Bjork+Zboril is ok value.

Have to think they'd want more quality. RR is a guy they should build around unless someone over pays for him

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Same. Give em Zboril and a 3

I find it funny folks still think Jakub Zboril still has any considerable trade value.

2015 was a lifetime ago. NHL GMs don't care that he was a first round pick almost 4 years ago. What they do care about, is even with the Bruins D decimated by injuries early in the season, he was essentially the 12th D in this organization and their were 11 guys the Bruins, the team that drafted and developed him, invested in him, would rather dress over him.

Sure there would likely be GMs who would take a flyer on him. He has tremendous natural athletic ability. He can skate, shoot hard, hit, etc. And from the small sample size I've seen of him, he doesn't have the brain for NHL hockey, he's Jeff Jillson 2.0, just doesn't process the game well enough.

I'm not writing him off, but your not getting anything of significance in return for Zboril and a mid-round pick.

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Cool player with lots of upside sure but he’s more of what we already have. Skilled kids that haven’t put it all together yet and our core is ready to go on a run.
Agree about it's not what we need, but we don't have any youngster with that much potential. He wasn't ready to play in the NHL at 18 and the Oilers f ***ed with him bad, but he was still able to put 28 pts in 39 AHL games at 18 in his draft + 1 season. That's way better than Senyshyn in his draft +4 season, way better than Frederic in his d + 3 season. If we can swap a prospect other than Vaak for him, I would do it without a doubt.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I find it funny folks still think Jakub Zboril still has any considerable trade value.

2015 was a lifetime ago. NHL GMs don't care that he was a first round pick almost 4 years ago. What they do care about, is even with the Bruins D decimated by injuries early in the season, he was essentially the 12th D in this organization and their were 11 guys the Bruins, the team that drafted and developed him, invested in him, would rather dress over him.

Sure there would likely be GMs who would take a flyer on him. He has tremendous natural athletic ability. He can skate, shoot hard, hit, etc. And from the small sample size I've seen of him, he doesn't have the brain for NHL hockey, he's Jeff Jillson 2.0, just doesn't process the game well enough.

I'm not writing him off, but your not getting anything of significance in return for Zboril and a mid-round pick.

Well to be fail, the suggestion to trade him was for a guy who has been useless as a bag of rocks so far in his NHL career, and the only reason he has value is he was a first round pick 3 years ago. Honestly one could argue were it not for his pedigree as a 17 year old JP would be lucky to bring the 3rd round pick in return in a deal

Camjams

Jul 6, 2018
How about a complete blockbuster
To Bos
Schenn
Tarasenko

To STL
Krug
Vaakanien
Frederic
Heinen
JFK
1st rd pick

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Is JP significant? I mean if 2015 is a lifetime ago, 2016 has to be considered pretty close too that as well.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
seems a tradition I post at least one insane idea per thread you all use to agree im a moron... so without further delay heres the first one in this thread

I like ryan getlef. I also like corey perry. perry injured himself for 5 months in sept. by my counting he should be back in a few weeks.

they make a crapload of money together... 16.5 million dollars for the next 3 years

I say they are a cup worthy line and could combind with Bergeron/marchand/pastrnak to be damn near unstoppable... as good as any top 6 in the nhl

what would it take? wed need to move a significant amount of cap room... and I propose david krejci might accept a trade to sunny California. if not, my idea is dead in the water

who else? they need someone good... young... cheaper... and everyone will hate this but I propose jake debrusk. I think debrusk will score 30.... I think his next contract is 5 mill +

krejci/debrusk are around 12.5 mill if we keep them... if we deal off backes too we clear the room for getzlef/perry

I feel getzlef/perry are a cup caliber addition... obviously they cant do it by themselves... but as our second line I think theyd be pretty awesome

would krejci/debrusk be enough? Anaheim is NOT a cap team and now that they are rebuilding im sure the owner wants to get rid of contracts.

would it require a top prospect too? im on board with that
a top pick instead? im on board with that too

honestly I think getzlef/perry and someone like donato would absolutely rip things up for us on the second line

the cap hit is my single biggest concern with pursuing this trade... if we pull the trade off im confident we have what it takes to win at least 1 cup in the next 3 years and possibly more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad