Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Also, I've done a complete 180 on Michael Ferland. I want him, and I want him to play with Marchand and Bergeron.

In Calgary, Ferland played RW with Gaudreau and Monahan which is a similar setup to 63 & 37 in terms of having one hyper skilled guy who dominates puck possession and a smart, two-way center.

When this guy is revved up, he's a force, like old school Lucic force.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Also, I've done a complete 180 on Michael Ferland. I want him, and I want him to play with Marchand and Bergeron.

In Calgary, Ferland played RW with Gaudreau and Monahan which is a similar setup to 63 & 37 in terms of having one hyper skilled guy who dominates puck possession and a smart, two-way center.

count me in.

Reactions: PlayMakers

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I haven't been disappointed in the games I have watched him and I am surprised that so many people think he is cooked, but I obviously don't see him every game. He is a fast skater for a power forward, his big issue is staying healthy.

He just seems to be laboring out there and picking his spots on when he hits his turbo button so to speak. It looks as if he's not nearly the same player he used to be, if this was the Simmonds of a few years back, id be on the bandwagon for the Bruins to acquire him but I just don't think that's the case.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I like how people are trying to pre-empt their disappointment by saying the Schenn deal won't happen.

Its like us saying "This game is a loss, so if they do win or tie then thats just exceeding expectations"

People are worried their hope will be let down. So they are sabotaging themselves before they can be let down.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I thought Gryzlek missed some defensive assignments last night, one which lead directly to a goal. He wasn’t awful. But he’s the easy choice on the left side to sit a game for Moore. Maybe next game Gryzlek slots back in and Moore slides over to Millers spot. I think Miller needs a seat upstairs for a few games

Great point. If that were a standard applied to Krug he would miss every third game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Flames Johnny Hockey setting career highs this year since they traded him for Lindholm.Not saying Bruins would not be better with him but that trade changed Flames for the better.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Do you just think they would put him there?

I agree if they get him he shouldn't be on the 2nd line, because he's not the guy that line needs.

Carolina getting Nino makes one think Ferland trade is closer to happening than in the past.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
I like how people are trying to pre-empt their disappointment by saying the Schenn deal won't happen.

Its like us saying "This game is a loss, so if they do win or tie then thats just exceeding expectations"

People are worried their hope will be let down. So they are sabotaging themselves before they can be let down.

Thats what Boston sports fans do, "The Sox will blow it int he 9th" is pretty much a saying I use in every facet of life...

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

now would be the time to pounce, 3-4 years down the road and the way this guy plays, he`ll have put a ton of hard miles in on those skates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Rask traded for Niederreiter

Victor Rask of course
gydiGlo3DToclW1Xb6udiLUor8r5pzM2GW2sMfvJOYw.png

Reactions: Grimey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Rask traded for Niederreiter

Victor Rask of course
talk about stock dropping hard, NN was looked like a guy who had solidified himself as a terrific complimentary player, 2nd liner, 3rd at worst who would bring you a solid game in all 3 zones and contribute some nice numbers offensively

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
and Grizz is a 25 year old top 4 D with an extra year at 1.4 mil.

Most of the serious proposals I've seen for Schenn have been overpayment IMO. Grizz is being undervalued even by people who love him.
So true couldn’t agree more. I’d only do a second tier prospect like Pavel Shen with Grizz.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Do you just think they would put him there?
No, I think they have to see that Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta is a viable option first.

I don't think the Bergeron line is playing all that well right now (I don't think Pasta has scored an ES goal or picked up an ES assist with 37 & 88 in weeks) so that gives me some hope that they'll be willing to try something different.

If that Czech line clicks, I think it opens up some exciting options. You could try DeBrusk with Marchand and Bergeron but I'd really like to see him with Heinen in a Phil Kessel type of 3rd line role. You also can be more flexible with the RW you acquire because Marchand and Bergeron are much better at assimilating line mates.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Great point. If that were a standard applied to Krug he would miss every third game.
Except Krug adds value at the opposite end of the ice that Gryzlek doesn’t come close to adding. Krug makes plays at the opposing blue line and in. Gryzlek doesn’t. He lacks the vision. Very good dman, but doesn’t have offensive instinct.

Until/ unless McAvoy remains healthy and proves he can produce consistent offense, Krug is this teams sole QB at the point

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Can't give up our solid prospects to win a round . If destiny says we win lord Stanley good enough . Let's not break the bank and destroy our prospect pool which can ruin the franchise. Add some cheap grisly vets and hope that sprinkle will cook us a cup.
I love the passion but I confess I don’t know where you stand. You have taken several different stances over past week.:laugh:

Reactions: Pia8988

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The amount of complaining about a 60 pt defenseman is insane. People kill me

He has never ever had 60 points .59 is his high so lets get that straight..And he is -8 this year.So no matter how many points he has when he is on the ice the other team has scored 8 more times then Boston.That is why people complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad