Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Really?

I like Sweeney with his re-signs. I trust Sweeney much more than Chia with drafting and developing, but trades and UFA's? NHL talent evaluation? Don't agree there. Beleskey, Hayes, Backes??? The trades he's "won", IMO, are the few he made for futures (i.e. Lucic, McQuaid). But I don't see much in terms of assessing NHL players who can come in and make an impact.

really?

at least Chia has won a bunch of trades in his time.

Sweeney is hitting a solid 0

Yes, overall I think Sweeney is a much better GM and apparently so did the Bruins. His trades haven't been great, but hopefully in time he gets better. How is Edmonton doing right now with Chia running the show?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You have a good point, but I trust Sweeney more than Chia.

Chiarelli was doing great then all of a sudden did that Seguin move and went in a free fall.I think his Oilers though are gonna sneak in this year and save his job.He also has a Cup so until Donnie wins one of them as a G M he will never be ahead of him.Cups matter.Least to me :wg:

Reactions: Strafer

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Given what’s happened since, you don’t think Sweeney “won” the Lucic deal?

And yes I realize that they took DeBrusk with their own pick, but I think if they only had their pick, they would have taken Zboril at 14.
Who knows who they would have drafted with only one choice there... But it gave them the freedom to take a few guys who they really liked. Also signalled the start of Sweeney's vision for the team.

Seeing what has become of Lucic, I'd say the trade is an objective win. Subjectively, I still miss Looch.

I think the better wording (rather than win/lose) is trading up or down. And I don't count futures for rentals around the deadline.

Hasn't happened since Horton nearly a decade ago.

I'm not sure where I'd count Schenn if he's the target.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I'm always nervous with deadline trades as it is never a smart time to buy assets wise. Still happy when they get one of the big fish like they did with Jagr, Nash and all.

My favorite deadline move was when they got Gonchar and Nylander. Lost to the lowly Habs in round 1 after getting a 3-1 series lead and lost last year of their contract with the lockout. Wasted Opportunity.
God that brings back painful memories on so many levels. Ugh.......

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Chiarelli was doing great then all of a sudden did that Seguin move and went in a free fall.I think his Oilers though are gonna sneak in this year and save his job.He also has a Cup so until Donnie wins one of them as a G M he will never be ahead of him.Cups matter.Least to me :wg:

I will never get over that trade.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Victor f***ing Rask just got traded for Nino Niederreiter.

The player valuations in this league are astonishing. How is that trade even possible? What the hell is Fenton doing? Why wasn't Sweeney on top of this?

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Chia won some big deals, Horton, the moves in 2011 at the deadline. When he loses he loses in historic fashion. Seguin for scraps, Hall for Larsson. Also he never did himself any favors with some of his media comments about trades being hard, etc or showed enough urgency after the 2011 cup.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Victor ****ing Rask just got traded for Nino Niederreiter.

The player valuations in this league are astonishing. How is that trade even possible? What the hell is Fenton doing? Why wasn't Sweeney on top of this?
I'm not even sure who our comparable to Rask would be but I would have really loved Niederreiter on our team....

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

Its truly baffling. Unless he values Rask very highly, the definition of selling low.

1 for 1 trades in the nhl seem to be insane 80% of the time

Reactions: maxl7

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

too busy Wining and Dining the Blues entourage.:laugh:

The blues management will be leaving B-town tonight, laughing all the way and then they'll announce they've traded Parayko to the Leafs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer and maxl7

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Its truly baffling. Unless he values Rask very highly, the definition of selling low.

1 for 1 trades in the nhl seem to be insane 80% of the time

I think it's about what individual GM's value, and how they think guys will fit with their culture. I'm more interested in what this means for those teams...

Carolina added Niederreiter, now they can move Ferland without worrying about losing that toughness they were so excited about when they added him.

Minnesota added a center, was that to make Staal/Coyle expendable or to move Coyle back to wing?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure why the Rask-Niederreiter trade is considered so one-sided.

Seems like a pure hockey trade.

Ages are about the same (25 and 26)

Terms are the same (this year + 3 more years)

Dollars are comparable (4.0 per and 5.25)

Rask is having a down year this year (missed time early with a strange injury) but their previous production in prior years is similar (especially 2015-16 and 16-17 it's practically the same)

Minnesota gets a decent-sized two-way center, Carolina get more offensive punch on the wing. You'd have to assume each GM got what they were looking for.

Boston certainly had no comparable to offer Minnesota for Neiderreiter, and vice-versa, no comparable to offer to Carolina for Rask.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Interesting comment contrast on Minny and ‘Canes boards. Wild seem ok hoping a change of scenery helps Rask.

Canes, OTOH, feel Minny got fleeced by Waddell.

Nino is having a down year in terms of PDO. And it's no surprise to see fans look at a guy going through a bit of bad shooting luck and think he sucks and wish him out of town. This is one of the many reasons why I don't trust fans to fairly evaluate their own players.

It's a better bet that Nino's sh% will regress than it is that Rask suddenly learns how to play offense or defense. His two 40 point years were due to getting a lot of ice time rather than being an efficient scorer.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Try imagining Vladimir Tarasenko in a Bruins uniform - The Boston Globe

Tarasenko in Black and Gold. The Blues, considered to be sellers at the Feb. 25 deadline, have reportedly been listening to offers on their elite winger, who is signed through 2024 at $7.5 million per. When his entry-level deal expired in 2015, he signed an eight-year, $60 million extension (David Pastrnak’s second deal: six years, $40 million in 2017).

Tarasenko is a big (6-feet, 225 pounds) left shot who plays the right side (a la Rick Nash), with highlight-reel hands, sublime vision and excellent strength (though he could use the latter a little more; he is often content to rely on his heavy shot). The 27-year-old ranks third in goals since 2014-15, with 164. Only Alex Ovechkin and John Tavares have scored more. Tarasenko also has 153 assists in the last four-plus years, right behind David Krejci (155). Those two could make magic together on the B’s second line.

The price would be sky-high. The Blues would no doubt request top picks, young standouts like Charlie McAvoy and Jake DeBrusk and high-end prospects.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Try imagining Vladimir Tarasenko in a Bruins uniform - The Boston Globe

Tarasenko in Black and Gold. The Blues, considered to be sellers at the Feb. 25 deadline, have reportedly been listening to offers on their elite winger, who is signed through 2024 at $7.5 million per. When his entry-level deal expired in 2015, he signed an eight-year, $60 million extension (David Pastrnak’s second deal: six years, $40 million in 2017).

Tarasenko is a big (6-feet, 225 pounds) left shot who plays the right side (a la Rick Nash), with highlight-reel hands, sublime vision and excellent strength (though he could use the latter a little more; he is often content to rely on his heavy shot). The 27-year-old ranks third in goals since 2014-15, with 164. Only Alex Ovechkin and John Tavares have scored more. Tarasenko also has 153 assists in the last four-plus years, right behind David Krejci (155). Those two could make magic together on the B’s second line.

The price would be sky-high. The Blues would no doubt request top picks, young standouts like Charlie McAvoy and Jake DeBrusk and high-end prospects.

Hate the idea of giving up DeBrusk. Obviously you'd have to, and more, to get a guy like that, but it would suck.

What's a fair starting point - DeBrusk, Gryz, prospect, 1st? DeBrusk, Carlo, Backes?

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Hate the idea of giving up DeBrusk. Obviously you'd have to, and more, to get a guy like that, but it would suck.

What's a fair starting point - DeBrusk, Gryz, prospect, 1st? DeBrusk, Carlo, Backes?

I think I'd be ok giving up DeBrusk who may become a steady 30 goal guy, for Tarasenko, at a good cap hit, who is a 30/40 goal guy, in his prime for the next 4 years.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I have a feeling Nino trade was something to prepare the fans for life after Ferlan.

But damm they got him for a pure cap dump.

I'm not even sure who our comparable to Rask would be but I would have really loved Niederreiter on our team....

Honestly Backes.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I have a feeling Nino trade was something to prepare the fans for life after Ferlan.

But damm they got him for a pure cap dump.

Over the last 3 seasons

Nino - 0.58 P/GP
Rask - 0.53 P/GP

Not sure I'd call it a pure cap dump, but that's just me.

Reactions: BBB24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad