Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
the fact that talks for Schenn are apparently still ongoing while the Blues are pushing to get back into the playoff picture suggests to me that Sweeney is about to get bent over. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, this is definitely a concern. I don't want to be listening to fans for years & years of why did we trade this and end up with this? Although some are never happy even if we win the trade, haha.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Maybe he liked what he saw from Cam Hughes in Providence? I don’t like the thought of picking up Schenn by shipping out multiple NHL forwards.
Me Too

It'll be like taking a step forward only to be pushed right back.

Grizz and JFK plus a later pick I'm OK with, but when you start talking Grizz and two of Heinen, Donato, Cehlaik equals massive over-payment. Heck I wouldn't do it for Grizz and one of Heinen, Donato, Cehlarik unless something else is coming back other than Schenn.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I'm always nervous with deadline trades as it is never a smart time to buy assets wise. Still happy when they get one of the big fish like they did with Jagr, Nash and all.

My favorite deadline move was when they got Gonchar and Nylander. Lost to the lowly Habs in round 1 after getting a 3-1 series lead and lost last year of their contract with the lockout. Wasted Opportunity.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
the fact that talks for Schenn are apparently still ongoing while the Blues are pushing to get back into the playoff picture suggests to me that Sweeney is about to get bent over. I hope I'm wrong.

The Blues will have to battle 6/7 teams for that last WC spot, so there is no guarantee they can climb back in.

Also, I think this goes beyond just making the playoffs this year for STL? They have had very skilled rosters for a few years now that have not lived up to expectations.

Something needs to change.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Has anyone seen if Schenn is scratched? That would make sense...
That makes too much sense. SHhhhh.

If a trade was imminent Schenn wouldn't be playing or Tarasenko:crossfing, Schwartz:crossfing but I guess they have right up till game time to make scratches.

I'm guessing although I'm sure the Blues and many other teams as well, are interested in Grizz. He is coming off his worst game in some time and Moore has sat out the last two (Both Losses) that maybe it's time to sit Grizz and put Moore back in.

Reactions: Chief Nine

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That makes too much sense. SHhhhh.

If a trade was imminent Schenn wouldn't be playing or Tarasenko:crossfing, Schwartz:crossfing but I guess they have right up till game time to make scratches.

I'm guessing although I'm sure the Blues and many other teams as well, are interested in Grizz. He is coming off his worst game in some time and Moore has sat out the last two (Both Losses) that maybe it's time to sit Grizz and put Moore back in.

I think it's just keeping Moore fresh.

Reactions: Chief Nine and TCB

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
It feels like we're not getting Schenn. It's too rumored and more likely that the Bruins will swing a deal for a guy who hasn't been mentioned.

Also, that increases my chances of being right. I will claim victory and declare myself Nostradamus if the Bruins trade for ANYONE besides Schenn.

Reactions: Bergyesque

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think it's just keeping Moore fresh.

Exactly and now its Grizz turn to sit.. That's whats nice about having defensive depth especially down the stretch. Doesn't mean one of them won't be traded, as I'm sure if the right deal is there Sweeney pulls the trigger and it wouldn't surprise me if he had a plan B, my bringing in another Defenseman down the road, if he moves one out.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Yeah, this is definitely a concern. I don't want to be listening to fans for years & years of why did we trade this and end up with this? Although some are never happy even if we win the trade, haha.

When was the last time this happened? Serious question. Chia won some trades many years ago and people were pretty happy about it.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm not interested in 'winning' a trade. I'm fine if both sides get what they want.

Invest in the next few seasons by paying for it with some future assets. Don't break the bank, don't throw away all your futures (he'd never do that anyway), but trade from areas of strength to give this year's team, and next year's, a real shot.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I saw on the main board someone mention that CHI has been scouting Providence and Boston very recently

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When was the last time this happened? Serious question. Chia won some trades many years ago and people were pretty happy about it.

Nathan Horton trade was a homerun and most knew it right away.Yup was happy as can be.Bruins management better act soon before they fall right out of a playoff spot..But hey on a positive note sitting where they are should make a rental less likely so that is good news.

Reactions: Fenian24

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
You have a good point, but I trust Sweeney more than Chia.
Really?

I like Sweeney with his re-signs. I trust Sweeney much more than Chia with drafting and developing, but trades and UFA's? NHL talent evaluation? Don't agree there. Beleskey, Hayes, Backes??? The trades he's "won", IMO, are the few he made for futures (i.e. Lucic, McQuaid). But I don't see much in terms of assessing NHL players who can come in and make an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->