Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think I'd be ok giving up DeBrusk who may become a steady 30 goal guy, for Tarasenko, at a good cap hit, who is a 30/40 goal guy, in his prime for the next 4 years.
I agree. Assuming those two are the base for a deal I fail to see any lineup with Debrusk that would be better than:
Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Cehlarik-Krejci-Tarasenko
Donato-JFK or trade-Heinen
The rest

But it may cost more than just him from the roster.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Over the last 3 seasons

Nino - 0.58 P/GP
Rask - 0.53 P/GP

Not sure I'd call it a pure cap dump, but that's just me.

Rask, 6 points this season, 31 last season as well and he looks abysmal.

He's been Carolinas Backes honestly for some time.

Reactions: maxl7

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I'm not sure why the Rask-Niederreiter trade is considered so one-sided.

Seems like a pure hockey trade.

Ages are about the same (25 and 26)

Terms are the same (this year + 3 more years)

Dollars are comparable (4.0 per and 5.25)

Rask is having a down year this year (missed time early with a strange injury) but their previous production in prior years is similar (especially 2015-16 and 16-17 it's practically the same)

Minnesota gets a decent-sized two-way center, Carolina get more offensive punch on the wing. You'd have to assume each GM got what they were looking for.

Boston certainly had no comparable to offer Minnesota for Neiderreiter, and vice-versa, no comparable to offer to Carolina for Rask.

But Sweeney should have been in on it! He sucks at his job!!! :cry:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Rask, 6 points this season, 31 last season as well and he looks abysmal.

He's been Carolinas Backes honestly for some time.

Ok and it's half a season. How many players have a down year during their career. Sorry I rather look at 3 years of production vs half a season when evaluation a players value.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Hate the idea of giving up DeBrusk. Obviously you'd have to, and more, to get a guy like that, but it would suck.

What's a fair starting point - DeBrusk, Gryz, prospect, 1st? DeBrusk, Carlo, Backes?

JdB seems like a fair starting point. I like your first proposal. Steep price, but it may be worth it with our aging core.

I don't see a point in getting a Schenn-type. We need to go big.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Chia won some big deals, Horton, the moves in 2011 at the deadline. When he loses he loses in historic fashion. Seguin for scraps, Hall for Larsson. Also he never did himself any favors with some of his media comments about trades being hard, etc or showed enough urgency after the 2011 cup.

Its hard to say he didn't win those 2011 deadline trades because they won the Cup, but if you're counting the pre-deadline Peverley trade... again the ends justify the means but on paper that is horrid to look at now

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ok and it's half a season. How many players have a down year during their career. Sorry I rather look at 3 years of production vs half a season when evaluation a players value.

No it isn't, Carolina fans have wanted him out of the roster and have seen him as a cap dump.
They are having a party right now with him gone.

They didn't even want to see him on the roster when he was getting ready to come back.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Over the last 3 seasons

Nino - 0.58 P/GP
Rask - 0.53 P/GP

Not sure I'd call it a pure cap dump, but that's just me.
To drill it down even further to account for ice time, the 5-on-5 points/60:

16-17:
Nino - 2.35 p/60
Rask 1.59 p/60

17-18:
Nino - 1.7 p/60
Rask 1.25 p/60

18-19:
Nino - 1.5 p/60
Rask - .94 p/60

And Rask isn't some defensive wizard, either. This is a weird and shocking evaluation of players.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I've had a sneaky feeling that all the hubbub with the St Louis higherup hanging around that it could be a bigger deal (Tarasenko), even though i know the logic and word is all Schenn. Maybe its just misinterpreting Schenn's status, but to me it seems like key management would be this involved for a bigger deal.

I wouldnt wan't JDB to go, but if the return is something substantial like that it's acceptable.

Reactions: AlpineLager

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Seems pretty fair to me, especially since they are similarly aged and Minny wanted a Center (maybe Coyle can be had without sending a center back now). Cap dump too of about 1 million. Schenn on Krecji's wing and Coyle centering the 3rd line?

I think the Canes won this going away Niederreiter has a lot more upside and this could be just what he needed.
Even if he doesn't reach it, he's the better player at least in my humble opinion

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
JdB seems like a fair starting point. I like your first proposal. Steep price, but it may be worth it with our aging core.

I don't see a point in getting a Schenn-type. We need to go big.

Don't underestimate Brayden Schenn. Easy 25+ goal scorer with grit next to Krejci. All of a sudden you are rolling two terrific lines. Shades of 2011. Plus if one of the kid wingers ever figures it out you now have an elite 3C. Fit-wise I think Schenn is close to ideal, and seemingly, semi-realistic.

Memory escapes me but when's the last time an in-season deal involved a player of Schenn's caliber?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Don't do anything now . Let Peter c develop with Jake and David. Put backes on third line with donato and danton. 4th line stays the same . 1 st line is set as usual. The most get a journeyman like vanek for a 5 th round pick and let's roll with our deep D and solid goaltending . Have faith in patrice and chara as our leaders and we can do this.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Don't underestimate Brayden Schenn. Easy 25+ goal scorer with grit next to Krejci. All of a sudden you are rolling two terrific lines. Shades of 2011. Plus if one of the kid wingers ever figures it out you now have an elite 3C. Fit-wise I think Schenn is close to ideal, and seemingly, semi-realistic.

Memory escapes me but when's the last time an in-season deal involved a player of Schenn's caliber?

If they acquire Schenn, I would like to see him as the Third line center. I mean him with Heien and donato/Jfk would be a third line that would out perform the majority of 3rd lines in the NHL and give opposing teams great match-up problems come playoff time.

Besides, I really like Cehlarik and feel he'll produce at a level where he'll help make the 2nd line a scoring threat every time they enter the offensive zone.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Don't do anything now . Let Peter c develop with Jake and David. Put backes on third line with donato and danton. 4th line stays the same . 1 st line is set as usual. The most get a journeyman like vanek for a 5 th round pick and let's roll with our deep D and solid goaltending . Have faith in patrice and chara as our leaders and we can do this.
I don't agree. They need to make a splash to compete with Toronto and Tampa.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I don't agree. They need to make a splash to compete with Toronto and Tampa.
Can't give up our solid prospects to win a round . If destiny says we win lord Stanley good enough . Let's not break the bank and destroy our prospect pool which can ruin the franchise. Add some cheap grisly vets and hope that sprinkle will cook us a cup.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Can't give up our solid prospects to win a round . If destiny says we win lord Stanley good enough . Let's not break the bank and destroy our prospect pool which can ruin the franchise. Add some cheap grisly vets and hope that sprinkle will cook us a cup.

The "prospects" aren't nearly good enough to win a Cup in the near future if you're just gonna "sprinkle" with vet crap. Further, none of them are good enough individually to be off limits for an impact player. Not a single one.

If this team wins a Cup in the next 10 years it's on the backs of Bergeron, Marchand, and very possibly Krejci, Rask and even Chara. You better plan to compete while those guys are still highly effective.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Sweeney is looking for players with term while looking at Simmonds should have just picked Nino for free(instead of Simmonds price+ next contract).

So I hope the aim is higher, a lot higher.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Hate to admit it, but I thought Simmonds was very good last night.
I haven't been disappointed in the games I have watched him and I am surprised that so many people think he is cooked, but I obviously don't see him every game. He is a fast skater for a power forward, his big issue is staying healthy.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad