Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Of course you would dangle Heinen.

7 pts in 7 games isn’t consistent enough for you? Just think of what he might do against 3rd line competition with a decent center.

If you want the B’s to do damage in the playoffs this year and take advantage of the 33/37/46 “window”, why would you “dangle” Heinen to fill a need in the Top 6, only to create another hole on the already non-existent third line?

The Kuraly line has been playing very well, but does anyone really think the B’s can take a 7 game series from TOR, WAS, or TB with 52/55/14 as your third line? I know I don’t.

Unless you are talking about a Stone type player, and it appears that OTT is going all out to extend him, why would you move a Heinen or Cehlarik at this point?

If I’m Sweeney, and I want to win this year, I’m looking at moving picks and/or prospects that aren’t currently contributing to the team.

For picks and no active players

Bruins unlikely can obtain a legit top 6 calibre fwd

Unless its someone like Rick Nash...who was a phantom top 6 forward

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He was talking about Saturday night against LA, not last night. I assume he was referring to a couple of shifts where Heinen pretty much dominated the play in the Kings zone and created several chances, or the play off the faceoff where he “picked” an LA player allowing Marchand a clean shot...none of which will show up on a stat sheet?

Also, how was the Heinen assist mainly due to the Backes’ kick? So, it fits the agenda that Heinen didn’t do much? The logic here floors me sometimes.

The DeBrusk goal was the result of three nice plays. Backes initiating it, the touch pass by Heinen and the finish by JDB. If any one of those components aren’t there, they don’t score.

Again Iam not against keeping Heinen... but his production/value likely tanks once sent back to the 3rd/4th line

Just saying if the Bruins can get a 30 goal capable player... I would dangle Heinen ahead of Debrusk or McAvoy

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
We'll agree to disagree then. I just have a fundamental objection to bringing in 34 year old rentals when you can probably get a player like Kevin Hayes for similar trade value and have a player that you would actually consider re-signing.

The argument would be you don't want to block your young guys who are ready to step in (JFK, Fred, Stud). And if they're not ready for next year, you try to sign him to a 1 year deal. If he doesn't want to, roll with one of the kids & grab another rental next year. Then they should be ready.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Well I wouldnt give up Heinen for nothing

But once Pasta returns... Heinen will go down to the 3rd or 4th line or whatever its called now

Unless Bruins get a 3c....

You get what I mean

Cehlarik has played well but not sure he is still a solution on the 2nd line for playoffs

Not sure about Stone, Panarin anymore but a player under these players that are capable 25-30 goal scorers would give the team a legit top 2 lines.

Then having two 4th lines is fine

What makes you think Heinen is getting moved down when Pasta returns?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well I wouldnt give up Heinen for nothing

But once Pasta returns... Heinen will go down to the 3rd or 4th line or whatever its called now

Unless Bruins get a 3c....

You get what I mean

Cehlarik has played well but not sure he is still a solution on the 2nd line for playoffs

Not sure about Stone, Panarin anymore but a player under these players that are capable 25-30 goal scorers would give the team a legit top 2 lines.

Then having two 4th lines is fine

No, no it's not.

You have zero chance of winning a cup when 2 of your 4 lines bring zero offense. Matter of fact you need offense from all 4 lines.

Now if you get the same kinda of numbers out of the Kuraly/Wagner line that we've seen since roughly New Year's, I still wouldn't call it preferable but it's palatable. Fact is they've only been on the score-sheet twice in the past 11 games post-All-star break.

But whatever becomes of what I'll call the Frederic line, that line has posted a BIG FAT ZERO since it was put together with Frederic's recall just after the all-star break. Doesn't matter what combination, that line after ELEVEN games of hockey hasn't posted a single goal or a single assist. That's almost unbelievable.

If the Bruins cannot manage to find some method to get even a reasonable amount of production out of the "Frederic line", they have no chance at winning the ultimate prize and would be highly unlikely to even get past the 2nd round.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
why do you think Hayes would cost less? More pts than Staal on a gawd awful team, younger and you mentioned Staal`s playoff performances, well, Hayes in 34 games has 10 pts, so he`s not necessarily a guy who lights it up that time of year either. If I`m going rental, I`ll take a cup winning vet who still has game over a guy like Hayes however, that said I`d take either without much of problem. Still prefer someone with term to come in but might be dreaming there
I don't think Hayes would cost less. I said comparable trade value. If anything, Hayes might command slightly more due to his age and production. He's also a guy we'd be a hell of a lot more comfortable extending an offer to over the summer.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The argument would be you don't want to block your young guys who are ready to step in (JFK, Fred, Stud). And if they're not ready for next year, you try to sign him to a 1 year deal. If he doesn't want to, roll with one of the kids & grab another rental next year. Then they should be ready.

If you are advocating that we continue to burn assets every year at the deadline to plug the #3C hole because we don't want to block (JFK/Fred/Stud) then I couldn't disagree more.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
No, no it's not.

You have zero chance of winning a cup when 2 of your 4 lines bring zero offense. Matter of fact you need offense from all 4 lines.

Now if you get the same kinda of numbers out of the Kuraly/Wagner line that we've seen since roughly New Year's, I still wouldn't call it preferable but it's palatable. Fact is they've only been on the score-sheet twice in the past 11 games post-All-star break.

But whatever becomes of what I'll call the Frederic line, that line has posted a BIG FAT ZERO since it was put together with Frederic's recall just after the all-star break. Doesn't matter what combination, that line after ELEVEN games of hockey hasn't posted a single goal or a single assist. That's almost unbelievable.

If the Bruins cannot manage to find some method to get even a reasonable amount of production out of the "Frederic line", they have no chance at winning the ultimate prize and would be highly unlikely to even get past the 2nd round.

I think you underrate the ability for the Kuraly line to get thrown out against other teams top 6 lines and win 0-0, take defensive zone draws, and allow the Krejci and Bergeron lines to play more offensive minutes.

But no one can deny that the Frederic line needs to become a legit 3rd line for the Bruins to succeed. And that line is a couple additions away from being that.

edit: its probably three additions away from being that, really. but, maybe Donato can serve as one of those additions if there is actual talent on that line.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Well if they play Toronto I’d put Pastrnak back on that line and just tell the other 3 lines not to get scored on. It seems to work against them.

Depending on what they add I would hope they have a better option for their top 6 than a guy on pace for less than 30 points. I know some like him here. But the league is full of better options

j44thor

Mar 27, 2008
I don't think Hayes would cost less. I said comparable trade value. If anything, Hayes might command slightly more due to his age and production. He's also a guy we'd be a hell of a lot more comfortable extending an offer to over the summer.

Has Hayes publicly said anything about Boston given the issues his brother had here? I'd think that might weigh heavily into his decision to play/sign in Boston.

Also don't think B's should be focused on a UFA they might consider extending unless it is Stone. Rest of them will likely be overpaid and that isn't something B's can afford right now. Not with Backes still taking up 6M and with Mac and Carlo both RFAs and Chara UFA. That is a lot of cap space that will need to go to D.
After 19-20 they will clear 3M in dead $$ (Seids/Beleskey) and be in a better position to go after UFAs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think you underrate the ability for the Kuraly line to get thrown out against other teams top 6 lines and win 0-0, take defensive zone draws, and allow the Krejci and Bergeron lines to play more offensive minutes.

But no one can deny that the Frederic line needs to become a legit 3rd line for the Bruins to succeed. And that line is a couple additions away from being that.

edit: its probably three additions away from being that, really. but, maybe Donato can serve as one of those additions if there is actual talent on that line.

I am totally accounting for what the Kuraly line is bringing defensively. And posting offense 2 out of every 11 games is palatable given what they are getting done without the puck. At the same time lets not kid ourselves, the Kuraly line gets hemmed in their own zone at times too. I'm OK with what they are bringing right now, and considering I've ragged on that line and those players for seemingly months if not years, that says a lot that I'm satisfied with what they are doing.

But they have to find some offense out of the Frederic line, and it needs to be more than appearing on the score sheet twice every 11 games. For a successful 3rd line you need I my mind to at least appear on the score-sheet once every 2-3 games, basically a ratio of 1 to 2.5, or essentially three guys who can post 30-40 pts a season.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Not sure if its been mentioned but both Tampa and Toronto chatting about McQuaid per Dreger. Would be strange having Quaider pounding the B's in the playoffs.

Reactions: bbfan419

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I actually think Heinen has been good for that line AT FIVE ON FIVE. Less looking for highlight real plays and better two way hockey. I don't think we can have a clue how the lines will shake out until we know the additions.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He was talking about Saturday night against LA, not last night. I assume he was referring to a couple of shifts where Heinen pretty much dominated the play in the Kings zone and created several chances, or the play off the faceoff where he “picked” an LA player allowing Marchand a clean shot...none of which will show up on a stat sheet?

Also, how was the Heinen assist mainly due to the Backes’ kick? So, it fits the agenda that Heinen didn’t do much? The logic here floors me sometimes.

The DeBrusk goal was the result of three nice plays. Backes initiating it, the touch pass by Heinen and the finish by JDB. If any one of those components aren’t there, they don’t score.

And the other play on Saturday night was I think a Debrusk goal where Heinen was credited by his teammates for going hard to the net and freeing up the scorer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe work that in with a deal for Stone??? :nod:

Not sure if its been mentioned but both Tampa and Toronto chatting about McQuaid per Dreger. Would be strange having Quaider pounding the B's in the playoffs.

Well if he went to TB they'd have to lose 2 D-men to even get McQuaid into the line-up.

And who does McQuaid knock out of the Leafs line-up? He's a #7 guy there, maybe an #8 depending on what Babcock thinks of Ozhiganov.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Would be a strange sight for sure, but if he starts I'll take that. If our 1st line can catch him on the ice, it's bingo.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Well if he went to TB they'd have to lose 2 D-men to even get McQuaid into the line-up.

And who does McQuaid knock out of the Leafs line-up? He's a #7 guy there, maybe an #8 depending on what Babcock thinks of Ozhiganov.
Depth?

He would be their depth move, like the Bruins have made for the Nick Holden's or whomever they've traded for in the past at deadline.

Hopefully the Bruins feel comfortable enough that they don't need to make those kinda moves this year.

Reactions: BruinDust

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
We'll agree to disagree then. I just have a fundamental objection to bringing in 34 year old rentals when you can probably get a player like Kevin Hayes for similar trade value and have a player that you would actually consider re-signing.

...but the reported asking price for Hayes is a 1st and a good prospect. Staal could likely be had for a mid round pick.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Who can the team get for Heinen? GD wont be happy to see this post....but Heinen has been very inconsistent at putting up points. Even playing on the top line

End of the day a decent 3rd line winger. But if team can get back top 6 calibre player or even very good 3c (not rental)

I would dangle Heinen if they wanted

Debrusk is off limits on the other hand
Cassidy specifically brought up Heinen blocking out 2 Kings players and providing a screen on Marchand goal off face off; and later Wall play that led to the McAvoy game winner was mentioned as well

He did not get a point on either goal but was mentioned on both

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
No, no it's not.

Team is winning even without production from Frederic line

Once a trade for top 6 fwd happens (hopefully) and pasta returns

3rd line could look like

Heinen Frederic Cehlarik

Would this make you happy?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Depth?

He would be their depth move, like the Bruins have made for the Nick Holden's or whomever they've traded for in the past at deadline.

Hopefully the Bruins feel comfortable enough that they don't need to make those kinda moves this year.

Most likely just depth for either team.

I agree I don't think they need to add any depth D-men this year. Kampfer is the 8th guy. Between Lauzon, Vaak, and Clifton I think they are fine when it comes to defensive depth in case of injuries.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Team is winning even without production from Frederic line

Once a trade for top 6 fwd happens (hopefully) and pasta returns

3rd line could look like

Heinen Frederic Cehlarik

Would this make you happy?

No, you need one more guy in the middle.

They need two forwards, a Top RWer (like you said) and a Center for that 3rd line. Matter of fact unless that RWer is signed past this year, they are wasting their time and assets just making a move for one rental winger and not addressing the center position.

Let's pump the brakes on this latest run. It's been impressive, but they've needed gimmicky 3 on 3 OT to win 3 of their last 6.

And 2 of those regulation wins came against the 31st ranked offense (LA) and the 30th ranked offense (Anaheim).

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I was told right on this very board he has no value when he was dealt and Sweeney made a great deal to move him for a fourth round pick and 8th D.Shame he never was appreciated enough by some on this board.

With Simmonds and Ferland supposedly off the block it doesn't leave many forwards to acquire to add some size, grit and scoring on the wing. Unless Sweeney can figure a way to get Anderson or Wood we can add forwards not being able to crash the net (again) vs Tamps and now Toronto if he goes to either of those teams. Toronto with Muzzin and McQuaid has a vastly improved D with a ton of playoff experience between those two.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad