Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well I wouldnt give up Heinen for nothing

But once Pasta returns... Heinen will go down to the 3rd or 4th lime or whatever

And unless Bruins get a 3c....

You get what I mean

Cehlarik has played well but not sure he is still a solution on the 2nd line for playoffs

Not sure about Stone, Panarin anymore but a player under these players that are capable 25-30 goal scorers would give the team a legit top 2 lines.

Then having two 4th lines is fine

No, I don’t get what you mean? I’m not entirely sure that Heinen will move down when Pasta returns?

Even if he does, I am of the opinion that the B’s need three good lines in order to “do some damage” in the playoffs with the competition they will face. I don’t think two real good lines and two fourth lines gets it done.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I like your rentals, if forced to rent. Actually would probably like to sign Silfverberg.

In general though, I'm setting the bar at a quality player with term who is either top 6 winger or #3C.

I'm definitely worried that if Stone is a no-go and Panarin isn't signing here, the fallback is vet rentals for both spots. I hate the idea of giving future assets for guys who won't be here next year. Any GM can do that at the deadline. Renting to fill key holes every year seems like a terrible model to me.

Well, basically this is the situation that Don Sweeney has put himself and the team in. He probably thought that he'd save on the cap unless he gets a player or players that he really likes but by this time of the year mediocre players are doled around for crazy returns as though they're top commodities. IMO Sweeney blew his **** in the summer of '15 and has shown very little imagination or prowess in making deals. He is a suit with tunnel vision.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Again Iam not against keeping Heinen... but his production/value likely tanks once sent back to the 3rd/4th line

Just saying if the Bruins can get a 30 goal capable player... I would dangle Heinen ahead of Debrusk or McAvoy

You would dangle Heinen in front of McAvoy? Bold statement of the day material.

Again, you are missing the point. I don’t feel the B’s can compete unless they have a good 3rd line. You know, one where there is talented players so Heinen’s production doesn’t tank.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Dupont's opinion has been irrelevant for 15-20 years. Once he went into the HOF he took his foot off the gas.

I always liked him here. Good ole Hub. His man-crush on Dominic Moore was hilarious.

I want no park of Vanek.

and I've read here lots who say Staal doesn't want to leave Minnesota. Does he have a NTC/NMC? has he flat out come out and said "I don't want to leave here". or just speculation that "I really like it here" means "Don't trade me" ?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I’d absolutely give the 1 and Zboril & Cehlarik but not sure if that gets done

If you are getting Stone you can give up Senyshyn
Think if you gave up a first and let them pick one of Studnicka/Frederick. Throw in whatever else middle tier prospect wise.

Wouldn’t that put you in best offer territory?

Wouldn’t do it for the unsigned version. But signed? Man he’s a good player

Reactions: bbfan419

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You would dangle Heinen in front of McAvoy? Bold statement of the day material.

Again, you are missing the point. I don’t feel the B’s can compete unless they have a good 3rd line. You know, one where there is talented players so Heinen’s production doesn’t tank.

rather have two dangerous top two lines vs strong top line followed by ok rest

Like last season vs tampa

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
you could've gotten Vanek when he was in Buffalo and Minnesota, how would the Sabres have felt then had that occurred.

Sounds like the consensus about Eric Staal is not leaving Minnesota anytime in the next week

Link? Where is there consensus on this point? He has a 10-team NTC, but I haven't seen anything that says he is completely unwilling to waive it. I have seen that he and his family love living in St. Paul, but that would appear to only potentially foreclose a re-signing, not a rental.

Wild’s skid makes veteran Eric Staal vulnerable to trade, and...

From yesterday. He talks of the realities of the trade deadline and how much he loves Minny. Doesn't say he wouldn't waive his NTC.

LeBrun mentioned on Insider Trading that he isn't convinced he would be willing to waive it, but none of this sounds like consensus.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/inside...tners-kapanen-leafs-to-talk-extension~1612231

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Link? Where is there consensus on this point? He has a 10-team NTC, but I haven't seen anything that says he is completely unwilling to waive it. I have seen that he and his family love living in St. Paul, but that would appear to only potentially foreclose a re-signing, not a rental.

From yesterday. He talks of the realities of the trade deadline and how much he loves Minny. Doesn't say he wouldn't waive his NTC.

LeBrun mentioned on Insider Trading that he isn't convinced he would be willing to waive it, but none of this sounds like consensus.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/inside...tners-kapanen-leafs-to-talk-extension~1612231
He's getting traded one way or another, even if it's to a team like NYI or Carolina for a 5th.

Reactions: Deal Law

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Deal:

the above was refuted earlier today..... Staal isn't coming here as an option

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
rather have two dangerous top two lines vs strong top line followed by ok rest

Like last season vs tampa

How does me saying that the B’s should trade for a Top 6 wing and a 3C, but try to keep the current roster F’s intact make them just ok?

Say they were able to acquire one of Toffoli/Kovy/Silfverberg and one of Staal/Hayes, while keeping Heinen and Cehlarik.

You could have a Top 9 of:

63/37/88
22/46/Toffoli
74/Hayes/Heinen

Or

63/37/43
Kovy/46/88
74/Staal/22

Does either of those scream weak to you?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I’d absolutely give the 1 and Zboril & Cehlarik but not sure if that gets done

If you are getting Stone you can give up Senyshyn

Yeah I don't see that getting it done though do you? I'd have to imagine Zboril and Senyshyn's trade values are pretty low.

If I'm truly 80%+ confident he's gonna be re-signed, I go 1st rounder, Gryz, any prospect they want (I get to pull two off the table, so call it Vaak and Studnicka). Let's say it ends up Gryz, Donato, 1st rounder for Stone with high confidence he re-signs here. I'd be very happy with that deal. Obviously would try to make some part of conditional on re-sign, so maybe it's Gryz + Donato for Stone with conditional 1st if he re-signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad