Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yeah I don't see that getting it done though do you? I'd have to imagine Zboril and Senyshyn's trade values are pretty low.

If I'm truly 80%+ confident he's gonna be re-signed, I go 1st rounder, Gryz, any prospect they want (I get to pull two off the table, so call it Vaak and Studnicka). Let's say it ends up Gryz, Donato, 1st rounder for Stone with high confidence he re-signs here. I'd be very happy with that deal.
who's the 3rd team, bp, that lands you Stone, and say they elect to sign him

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Ottawa is off today and tomorrow before they begin a 3 games in 4 days (Thurs, Fri, Sun) stretch just before the trade deadline. Dreger mentioned this, but you have to think we hear something about Stone either today or tomorrow.

Reactions: Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well
Yeah I don't see that getting it done though do you? I'd have to imagine Zboril and Senyshyn's trade values are pretty low.

If I'm truly 80%+ confident he's gonna be re-signed, I go 1st rounder, Gryz, any prospect they want (I get to pull two off the table, so call it Vaak and Studnicka). Let's say it ends up Gryz, Donato, 1st rounder for Stone with high confidence he re-signs here. I'd be very happy with that deal.

It is a gamble but it sure as heck is a move that loads the top 6 correctly.Add Stall to 3rd line at centre and this team could beat anyone.Real question is can Seeeney make the deals.

Reactions: Strafer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
How does me saying that the B’s should trade for a Top 6 wing and a 3C, but try to keep the current roster F’s intact make them just ok?

Say they were able to acquire one of Toffoli/Kovy/Silfverberg and one of Staal/Hayes, while keeping Heinen and Cehlarik.

You could have a Top 9 of:

63/37/88
22/46/Toffoli
74/Hayes/Heinen

Or

63/37/43
Kovy/46/88
74/Staal/22

Does either of those scream weak to you?

Toffoli or Silfverberg do not move the needle

Toffoli has what 27 pts this season? Its risky

Hayes is ok but he hasnt shown much in the playoffs

Kovy likely doesnt waive his ntc to go east.. I do think he would move the needle more than above

Look these are ok moves but unlikely move the needle vs the Tampas of the world

I rather get a legit top 6 RW (30-35 goal scorer) and keep the lineup as it is

But this is not going to come cheap. Likely may require Heinen to be included

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Is this like the Rondo not getting traded guarantee?

Asking for a friend.
how many times in a thread must posters be told Ottawa hasn't traded inter-division, not just Boston, why did they need San Jose to trade both Hoffman and Erik Karlsson to, it was the Sharks who then dealt Hoffman to Florida

are you forgetting the 3 way, GD, BETWEEN BOSTON, LA, AND SJ involving Lucic and Martin Jones, who they torched last night

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
who's the 3rd team, bp, that lands you Stone, and say they elect to sign him
honestly are you going to take every new rumor you read as gospel? so two weeks ago when everyone said the Bruins were chasing Stone were you parroting that too?

I don't believe for a second that Ottawa is going to pass up the best deal to avoid Stone playing in the division for 2 months when their season is over. If you choose to think that's a fact, great. You get to skip over any Stone discussions.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
hone

honestly are you going to take every new rumor you read as gospel? so two weeks ago when everyone said the Bruins were chasing Stone were you parroting that too?

I don't believe for a second that Ottawa is going to pass up the best deal to avoid Stone playing in the division for 2 months when their season is over. If you choose to think that's a fact, great. You get to skip over any Stone discussions.
you need a 3rd team involved if you are dealing with Ottawa

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
rather have two dangerous top two lines vs strong top line followed by ok rest

Like last season vs tampa

I get it, but Id rather get one top shut down D-Man too play the left side and a 3rd line center ( Staal). If they can't get the center, then the scoring winger, but I just feel its the best way, if not the only way to get by Tampa, unless somehow the Bruins are able to acquire Stone, but I don't see that happening.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Deal:

the above was refuted earlier today..... Staal isn't coming here as an option

Refuted by whom? Where was it reported by a reputable insider that "Eric Staal will not waive his NTC for the Boston Bruins"? I have not seen one item stating this, only your unsourced opinion stated as fact.

We don't know the composition of this NTC, only that it is made up of "contenders." There are 16 teams that make the Stanley Cup playoffs and a handful more that could be considered in a fight to make the postseason. 16+ x > 10. There are plenty of possibilities for Fenton to recoup value here.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I think Bruins offer would have to be a clear difference maker though compared to others to get them to do it.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Refuted by whom? Where was it reported by a reputable insider that "Eric Staal will not waive his NTC for the Boston Bruins"? I have not seen one item stating this, only your unsourced opinion stated as fact.

We don't know the composition of this NTC, only that it is made up of "contenders." There are 16 teams that make the Stanley Cup playoffs and a handful more that could be considered in a fight to make the postseason. 16+ x > 10. There are plenty of possibilities for Fenton to recoup value here.
YOU WERE AWAKE AT 11:30 WHEN that was done, Deal...

what if Staal has Boston on that 10 team list he doesn't want to be dealt to.... STILL want him

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I get it, but Id rather get one top shut down D-Man too play the left side and a 3rd line center ( Staal). If they can't get the center, then the scoring winger, but I just feel its the best way, if not the only way to get by Tampa, unless somehow the Bruins are able to acquire Stone, but I don't see that happening.

Same here

Stone will likely require Debrusk or Mcavoy

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY

If I'm truly 80%+ confident he's gonna be re-signed, I go 1st rounder, Gryz, any prospect they want (I get to pull two off the table, so call it Vaak and Studnicka). Let's say it ends up Gryz, Donato, 1st rounder for Stone with high confidence he re-signs here. I'd be very happy with that deal. Obviously would try to make some part of conditional on re-sign, so maybe it's Gryz + Donato for Stone with conditional 1st if he re-signs.

100% on board with this. It would be a great trade. We have Lauzon & UV for depth & lose one of our overabundant LWs & Donato may not even turn out to be the best one. Go all in to sign Stone ASAP. Stone long-term is a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad