Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Continued from here:

Proposal: - Bruins Trade Proposals XI - Mod in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm having a tough time thinking we could of had Sam Gagner for our 3rd line for the price of whatever Spooner would cost..What would that be? 2nd rd pick.? 3rd? He's been a consistant 45-50 point player all his career so what gives here?? I BET we would of got him for a 2nd tier prospect. Am I missing something with this player or what is it??

Gagner is a offensive first guy who has never scored 20 goals, and is on the books for 3.2 million next year.

I don't see any reason to believe he adds much to our team, especially if you are bringing him in to be a 3rd line RW. Only way I would have had interest in getting him is if it were in a deal where Backes went the other way, along with a couple prospects

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
And there really haven't been many Bruins rumors lol
Right. Sweeney is pretty tight lipped. And the so-called ‘insider reporters” have nothing to add. We know that Bruins have been scouting certain teams and they have been scouting us, including Providence.

As much as we’ve read from mynhltraderumors, tsn.ca and prohockeyrumors, there’s no information on which Bruins prospects and players other teams want. We can only speculate. Or follow twitter.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'm having a tough time thinking we could of had Sam Gagner for our 3rd line for the price of whatever Spooner would cost..What would that be? 2nd rd pick.? 3rd? He's been a consistant 45-50 point player all his career so what gives here?? I BET we would of got him for a 2nd tier prospect. Am I missing something with this player or what is it??

How much would Spooner have cost? Spooner was FREE and no one bit.

This was an exchange of cap problem players. We didn't miss out on s***.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Yeah, Gagner could have been an interesting experiment in another year. Not worried about missing out on him.

I suppose it is time to circle back and see what the Rags want for their guys w term.

Edit:

• Colin Stephenson of Newsday writes that despite a breakout season by New York Rangers center Mika Zibanejad, the 25-year-old isn’t enjoying it as he is having trouble coping with the team’s compounding losses. Zibanejad has 25 goals already this season with his career high being 27, which he scored last year. He currently projects to post 36 goals and 82 points, potentially making him a point-a-game player and giving the Rangers the No. 1 center they hoped for and a key piece to their rebuilding project. However, Zibanejad isn’t dealing with his success well. “Of course I’d be lying if I say I don’t know that it’s my career numbers,” Zibanejad said. “But at the same time, you don’t enjoy it if your team is not benefiting from it, and we’re not winning. That’s what we’re in this business for — winning. And if you don’t do that, good or bad, you don’t really care.’’

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What really got his attention was getting to play with Bergy and Marchy, that would get anyone’s attention.

Yeah but he played with them earlier in the season and he didn’t respond or take advantage of it. He played with Krejci too and again there wasn’t really a bump in his performance or production.

He needed a kick in the ass and to his credit, he responded well to it.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Strafer

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I would LOVE Zibanejad here. We have high value college prospects, something the Rangers also covet. I would think the price would be something like

NHL ready top prospect ( Donato? )

Another top prospect who plays his position ( Frederic?)

1st round pick

Something else like another high draft pick

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
And there really haven't been many Bruins rumors lol
I think the rumor mill is spent. The Bruins have been rumored in on every name on the market. There's just nothing more to write. At this point it's about Ottawa and Columbus breaking the logjam because nobody wants to miss out on their chance to add a star.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I would LOVE Zibanejad here. We have high value college prospects, something the Rangers also covet. I would think the price would be something like

NHL ready top prospect ( Donato? )

Another top prospect who plays his position ( Frederic?)

1st round pick

Something else like another high draft pick
Or, they are not interested in giving up their best player?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Playmaker's Challenge:

Here’s an excercise for the group; make this team a Cup contender in 2 moves. Only rule, you can’t add Mark Stone. For example...

Marshy - Bergy - Kovalchuk
Cehlarik - Krejci Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Hayes - Heinen

I’m curious to see the combinations.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Nyqvist
Cehlarik - Duchene - Heinen
Kuraly - Wagner - Backes/Frederic

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Playmaker's Challenge:

Here’s an excercise for the group; make this team a Cup contender in 2 moves. Only rule, you can’t add Mark Stone. For example...

Marshy - Bergy - Kovalchuk
Cehlarik - Krejci Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Hayes - Heinen

I’m curious to see the combinations.

I’ll change Nyquist to Kreider. Actually, Tarasenko but I don’t know if that fits the rules.

Total agreement on Duchene! :cheers:

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Playmaker's Challenge:

I like it. I've been thinking a lot about Duchene today too. I kind of poo poo'd all of the posts about us getting a 1st line center last week but there's been a lot of rumors about the B's looking at centers and talk of Ottawa (Duchy) and Edmonton (Nuge) in particular, and I'm starting to see a way it would make sense.

The biggest slaps forehead moment was remembering that the Bruins were HEAVILY into the Tavares sweeps. So 6 months ago, they had clearly come to the decision that they wanted to add a younger, first line center to this team. Then again early this season they were heavy on Schenn. Maybe all these rumors are just a continuation of that search.

I thought that the way Krejci had played this year that maybe they'd put off that search for another year, but it could actually be the best time to make that play. Krejci will have tremendous trade value coming off a season where he puts up 70ish points with 4th line wingers and scraps for PP time. And there are at least two fantastic talents available in Duchene and Hopkins.

Something else to consider; what if the plan is to put the new guy on the second line and slide Krejci back to 3c? Krejci would be dominant in that role, Kessel-2016-Cup-MVP level dominant. I also really like Krejci and Heinen together, Heinen is a smart player and a good passer and now that he's got his confidence back it could be worth another try.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Playmaker's Challenge:

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen = I have faith Heinen will at least be able to be his responsible self on this line.
Kreider - Krejci - Pasta = This would be the best line mates Kreider has ever played with. Like 2 number 1 lines.
DeBrusk - Staal - Backes/Nordstrom/Cehlarik if he can lol. Love Backes, but hate having to slot him in here. Staal would bring offense, and vet saavy.
Wagner - Acciari - Kuraly = Solid 4th line even if it doesnt bring much offensive fire power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->