Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Well if they play Toronto I’d put Pastrnak back on that line and just tell the other 3 lines not to get scored on. It seems to work against them.

Depending on what they add I would hope they have a better option for their top 6 than a guy on pace for less than 30 points. I know some like him here. But the league is full of better options

So curious how Muzzin changes that dynamic, if at all.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know it's been beat to death, but Kovy makes the most sense to me. I know people freak out about the contract and that he's 35, but the guy can still play. If you could get him for around $4 million (would require $2.25 retained) you do it. Kovy has 2 years left and honestly, isn't that our prime window for to win a cup with guys like Bergy, Krejci, Chara and Rask?

Kovy's current 28 points puts him tied for 6th on the Bruins in scoring, let that sink in for a moment. A guy 35 years old and considered "too old" by some, would have the 6th best points on the 4th ranked team in the NHL standings.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

WOW, Dakota Randall NEEDS to hang out around here and actually learn and watch the game, the players etc etc etc. She even spelled Pasta's first name as "Davis Pastrnak." Is she an intern? Too bad NESN doesn't have enough $$$ to hire someone who actually knows the sport. Even Alex Kraemer would be able to write a better article. Seems as she took her research material from the 6 O'Clock news.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Get LA to retain 30% on Kovalchuk.
Get a modified NT list from Backes July 2nd and move him to a team that he lists with $1,000,000 left to pay him for the year and the cap hit of $6,000,000.

Personally, I would try to get

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Kovi Krejci Pasta
DeBrusk ??? ???

to work. I think if you can get a solid #3C you can throw a Kuhlman or a Nordstrom on that line to forecheck and be responsible.

But the fact that Kovi can play either wing does give you options.

Reactions: Coach Parker

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I know it's been beat to death, but Kovy makes the most sense to me. I know people freak out about the contract and that he's 35, but the guy can still play. If you could get him for around $4 million (would require $2.25 retained) you do it. Kovy has 2 years left and honestly, isn't that our prime window for to win a cup with guys like Bergy, Krejci, Chara and Rask?

Kovy's current 28 points puts him tied for 6th on the Bruins in scoring, let that sink in for a moment. A guy 35 years old and considered "too old" by some, would have the 6th best points on the 4th ranked team in the NHL standings.

He has a ntc

So doubt he would want to come here

I think the guy and his wife like it in the west coast. If anything will be ok to be traded to a team around that area

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hate the last sentence of that article so much right now:

But if Bruce Cassidy’s club continues to get scoring help from its secondary units, as it did Monday night against the San Jose Sharks, the Bruins might not need to be ultra-aggressive at the trade deadline.

Dakota Randall, please don't ever spread this idea. Please!
My apologies in advance if any of her relatives are reading this but she *****!

Reactions: bbfan419

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I’m not buying these 3 names

Could happen but 3 rentals?

Panaren is not signing here

Philadelphia is going to trade him to Boston? For what ?

Sweeney trades a 1 or a top prospect he should be fired

Zuccarello ? I guess but I’m not excited

You want a rental?

Staal
Hayes
Silfverberg

I like your rentals, if forced to rent. Actually would probably like to sign Silfverberg.

In general though, I'm setting the bar at a quality player with term who is either top 6 winger or #3C.

I'm definitely worried that if Stone is a no-go and Panarin isn't signing here, the fallback is vet rentals for both spots. I hate the idea of giving future assets for guys who won't be here next year. Any GM can do that at the deadline. Renting to fill key holes every year seems like a terrible model to me.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like your rentals, if forced to rent. Actually would probably like to sign Silfverberg.

In general though, I'm setting the bar at a quality player with term who is either top 6 winger or #3C.

I'm definitely worried that if Stone is a no-go and Panarin isn't signing here, the fallback is vet rentals for both spots. I hate the idea of giving future assets for guys who won't be here next year. Any GM can do that at the deadline. The task was/is to make this team a true contender while Chara is still here, Bergy is still Bergy, etc. Renting to fill key holes every year seems like a terrible model to me.
Can smell Simmonds coming to Boston.Rather a top 6 with term and rent the 3rd line centre in Stall.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Look I like Frederic, a lot actually, but he's not about to become a 30-40 pt. center just because you upgrade his two wingers to whatever combo of Heinen/Cehlarik/Debrusk you give him. He's just not.

He could be that player in time, maybe as soon as next year, but he isn't yet.

And the Bruins won't know the answer to whether better wingers would get his production up to an acceptable level between now and the deadline, so it they want to legitimately compete for a cup this season, they need to upgrade the C position from Frederic.

Well Staal or Schenn would be nice

But also Backes has to go

I still think you give Frederic little credit

Would you rather have Riley Nash (40 pts in regular season) or Frederic against Leafs/Tampa lineup?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I'm definitely worried that if Stone is a no-go and Panarin isn't signing here, the fallback is vet rentals for both spots. I hate the idea of giving future assets for guys who won't be here next year. Any GM can do that at the deadline. Renting to fill key holes every year seems like a terrible model to me.
If I’m Sweeney I call on Stone. He’s my target.

I agree on everything you said here

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DuPont speculation is Vanek

Lots of rumors

My guess is Eric Staal if he’s available

Makes most sense need and insurance

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They will want a young Near NHL ready prospect no doubt like Bjork.I am not sure what the cost will be though but I can see it coming down the pipe.To many Boston rumors with his name attached
No to Bjork

I’m not buying

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If I’m Sweeney I call on Stone. He’s my target.

I agree on everything you said here

Let's talk Stone trade for a second.

If you were like 80%+ confident you could sign him long-term, what would you be willing to offer Ottawa?

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Can smell Simmonds coming to Boston.Rather a top 6 with term and rent the 3rd line centre in Stall.

So would the bruins absolutely NOT look at signing Simmonds if they trade for him at the deadline? even for one season? would get too much on the open market so he wouldn't fit with Bruins?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
DuPont speculation is Vanek

Lots of rumors

My guess is Eric Staal if he’s available

Makes most sense need and insurance
you could've gotten Vanek when he was in Buffalo and Minnesota, how would the Sabres have felt then had that occurred.

Sounds like the consensus about Eric Staal is not leaving Minnesota anytime in the next week

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Let's talk Stone trade for a second.

If you were like 80%+ confident you could sign him long-term, what would you be willing to offer Ottawa?
I’d absolutely give the 1 and Zboril & Cehlarik but not sure if that gets done

If you are getting Stone you can give up Senyshyn

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I was told right on this very board he has no value when he was dealt and Sweeney made a great deal to move him for a fourth round pick and 8th D.Shame he never was appreciated enough by some on this board.

With Simmonds and Ferland supposedly off the block it doesn't leave many forwards to acquire to add some size, grit and scoring on the wing. Unless Sweeney can figure a way to get Anderson or Wood we can add forwards not being able to crash the net (again) vs Tamps and now Toronto if he goes to either of those teams. Toronto with Muzzin and McQuaid has a vastly improved D with a ton of playoff experience between those two.

Huh? I'm pretty sure McQuaid was universally appreciated and respected for what he can contribute on the Bruins boards as long as I've been here.

This said, he was our 8th defenseman making almost 3 million, and wouldn't have been playing regularly in a contract year. I think it was a mutual feeling of respect that the sent him packing.

McQuaid is a great playoff add for any team, but I think moving him was more of a service to McQuaid than keeping him around for a playoff push while he'd be in the pressbox most nights when healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad