AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Not advocating for it... Jesper Fast just isn't a name I've seen in rumours before and I see two players of similar value being what Sweeney targets.

Fast is little more than an undersized defensive forward with (apparently) decent leadership and a good nose for being where he needs to be in all three zones. He may actually fit with Marchand and Bergy fairly well.

Not ideal... But outside-the-box? Interesting to consider.

Marchand - Bergeron - Fast
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Frederic - Zuccarello

I'm not on board with this idea specifically, but a similar concept?

Looks much better than what we have now... though you are clearly a horrible speller. It's K-R-E-I-D-E-R.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
No interest in Jesper Fast....I'd rather have a kid on the roster than him blocking the spot...not much of an upgrade.

No, he isn't. He would be a toss in with Zucchini if there is a deal.

2 NYRangers are not at practice and we are already forming possible deals for them....

#HardUp

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
TSN reporting bruins are one of the most active teams. No surprise.

I know for a fact they continually are....the thing I don't know is why do minimal things get done? The few deals that were rumored that I was told were true, the Bruins *seemed* like they may have been giving up a little much, but that's what you have to pay at this time of year. It generally comes down to the prospect(s).. There seems to be a small A list for other teams from the Bruins, and they seem to offer up B and C lists.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
A question for a resident insiders: do the Bruins believe they already have an in-house replacement for Bergeron and Krejci?

Do they have any sort of contingency plan for if one or both of those guys enters their steep decline next year or the year after?

To me it seems like the clock is ticking and now would be the time to either go all-in or start making plans to acquire said replacements.

Reactions: Strafer

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
A question for a resident insiders: do the Bruins believe they already have an in-house replacement for Bergeron and Krejci?

Do they have any sort of contingency plan for if one or both of those guys enters their steep decline next year or the year after?

To me it seems like the clock is ticking and now would be the time to either go all-in or start making plans to acquire said replacements.

the bruins didnt have a replacement for reily nash. Things are going to get very uncomfortable in two years. Go for it now. window is two years. max. plan for a rebuild / retool in 3 years from now.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

. It’s definitely going to be a big issue very soon,wouldn’t say next season ,really don’t think they have any insider that is going to be a replacement for,either,Atleast not in time,who knows maybe they will be another Chara.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
do you honestly think Debrusk has been a more effective player than Cehlarik since the break?
Yes I do, I try and look at all aspects of a players game and when Cehlarik learns to forecheck and backcheck like DeBrusk I will put him in the same category, not just because he is the flavour of the day. DeBrusk does so much away from the puck, that is what keeps him effective even when he is not putting up points.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I think it's very important that they stick with this Cehlarik-Krejci-Pastrnak line, and that it works out. It completely changes the landscape for wingers IMO.

Trying to find a winger to fix the dysfunction between DeBrusk and Krejci is hard. You need someone that's a good passer, someone with a high IQ that's going to want to cycle with Krejci AND you need that guy to be a legitimate play driver in his own right so teams don't just key on Krejci (in the same way that 37 has 63).

Mark Stone could be that guy, but I don't have a lot of confidence in anyone else on the trade bait list short of Brayden Schenn and I think that ship has sailed. I don't think Saad is enough of a play driver. Kreider drives play but isn't a good passer...

BUT, if that equation changes. If the Krejci line is fixed with 22 & 88, then you're looking for someone to play with Bergeron and Marchand. Now all of the guys on the trade bait list are viable options because 37 & 63 can play with almost anyone. They've played with LH'd RW's like Recchi and Smith, they've played with elite skill RW'ers like Seguin and Pasta... Last night, Heinen played the role of net front guy and had multiple scoring chances off tips and screens and they had some success with lesser big body talents like Connolly and even Backes for stints over the last two years.

A guy like Ferland would probably make the Krejci line worse, but he'd be an absolute force on the Bergeron line where he wouldn't be asked to drive play, just create chaos with his physical play. A guy like Brandon Saad is hit or miss for me on the Krejci line because I don't see him as a play driver, but on the Bergeron line I could see him being one of the best complimentary players in the game.
I like your idea, and it actually might work. But if Krejci could play with straight up & down wingers like Lucic & Horton, then I have no doubt he could play with Kreider & Ferland.

Reactions: TSBruins13

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
. It’s definitely going to be a big issue very soon,wouldn’t say next season ,really don’t think they have any insider that is going to be a replacement for,either,Atleast not in time,who knows maybe they will be another Chara.

Right, but is it smart to plan on Bergeron and Krejci both having the longevity of an outlier like Chara?

And I mean, while both Bergeron and Krejci are having excellent seasons in a lot of ways, it's not uncommon to see guys completely fall off a cliff after seeming totally fine. Age-related decline usually happens quickly.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Right, but is it smart to plan on Bergeron and Krejci both having the longevity of an outlier like Chara?

And I mean, while both Bergeron and Krejci are having excellent seasons in a lot of ways, it's not uncommon to see guys completely fall off a cliff after seeming totally fine. Age-related decline usually happens quickly.
I don’t expect either one to play as long a Chara,and yeah it’s definitely something that has to be addressed very shortly.

Reactions: maxl7

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
I haven't compared the advanced metrics, but on the surface, how is Fast any better/different than Nordstrom (and I'm not talking about the Swedish thing!)?

EDIT: in all fairness I've never really noticed Fast when watching the Rangers, so maybe there is some part of his game that I'm just completely missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad