Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals VIII - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If Minnesota falls out of playoff race make a bold move grab Coyle and Staal.

Gryzlek, Bjork, Zboril, 2nd

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
DeBrusk Krejci Coyle
Cehlarik Staal Backes
Acciari Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Moore McAvoy
Krug Miller

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

DeBrusk Krejci Coyle
Cehlarik Staal Backes
Acciari Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Moore McAvoy
Krug Miller

Bruins GM basically has 2 weeks.I hope to God his plan is not hope a team falls out so he can then try to make a deal.I am hoping he has talks going now with an actual plan.Not saying your proposal is bad just that if they never fell out he would be left holding the soap thinking that way.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Bruins GM basically has 2 weeks.I hope to God his plan is not hope a team falls out so he can then try to make a deal.I am hoping he has talks going now with an actual plan.Not saying your proposal is bad just that if they never fell out he would be left holding the soap thinking that way.
He BETTER have a plan A, B, C, D in his back pocket

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I’d like to see our Bruins get 2 offensive players, to help solidify our 2nd and 3rd lines.
If we can swing for the moon on a Stone type player or one of the top guys on the market (give up our first plus). Hopefully the market is a buyers market and we can also pick up a Zuc or Simmonds type (for a second plus).
Hate to pick in the third round as our first pick but if we can sign one of these guys in the offseason it won’t hurt as much. Plus winning the Cup will ease the pain.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
He BETTER have a plan A, B, C, D in his back pocket

Plan A: Trade for Simmonds, extend in offseason. Sign Stempniak.
Plan B: Trade for Kovalchuk. Sign Stempniak.
Plan C: Trade for Carter. Sign Stempniak.
Plan D: Trade for Brassard. Sign Stempniak.
Plan E: Trade for Glendening. Sign Stempniak.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Heinen + Studnicka/Senyshyn + 1st 2019 for Mark Stone would work for me as long was we can extend him.

Reactions: sarge88

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Plan A: Trade for Simmonds, extend in offseason. Sign Stempniak.
Plan B: Trade for Kovalchuk. Sign Stempniak.
Plan C: Trade for Carter. Sign Stempniak.
Plan D: Trade for Brassard. Sign Stempniak.
Plan E: Trade for Glendening. Sign Stempniak.

Could be cause he is still hanging around.Sure would make himself look bad though as a GM.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think it's very important that they stick with this Cehlarik-Krejci-Pastrnak line, and that it works out. It completely changes the landscape for wingers IMO.

Trying to find a winger to fix the dysfunction between DeBrusk and Krejci is hard. You need someone that's a good passer, someone with a high IQ that's going to want to cycle with Krejci AND you need that guy to be a legitimate play driver in his own right so teams don't just key on Krejci (in the same way that 37 has 63).

Mark Stone could be that guy, but I don't have a lot of confidence in anyone else on the trade bait list short of Brayden Schenn and I think that ship has sailed. I don't think Saad is enough of a play driver. Kreider drives play but isn't a good passer...

BUT, if that equation changes. If the Krejci line is fixed with 22 & 88, then you're looking for someone to play with Bergeron and Marchand. Now all of the guys on the trade bait list are viable options because 37 & 63 can play with almost anyone. They've played with LH'd RW's like Recchi and Smith, they've played with elite skill RW'ers like Seguin and Pasta... Last night, Heinen played the role of net front guy and had multiple scoring chances off tips and screens and they had some success with lesser big body talents like Connolly and even Backes for stints over the last two years.

A guy like Ferland would probably make the Krejci line worse, but he'd be an absolute force on the Bergeron line where he wouldn't be asked to drive play, just create chaos with his physical play. A guy like Brandon Saad is hit or miss for me on the Krejci line because I don't see him as a play driver, but on the Bergeron line I could see him being one of the best complimentary players in the game.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

DeBrusk Krejci Coyle
Cehlarik Staal Backes
Acciari Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Moore McAvoy
Krug Miller
Doubt Bjork will be part of any deal. He just had shoulder surgery and won’t play until TC. Any prospective trader will want to see how he bears up after that major procedure.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I can't say much for Fast (not even sure I'd heard his name before last night) but I'll take you word for it.

I would LOVE Zuccarello!
Not advocating for it... Jesper Fast just isn't a name I've seen in rumours before and I see two players of similar value being what Sweeney targets.

Fast is little more than an undersized defensive forward with (apparently) decent leadership and a good nose for being where he needs to be in all three zones. He may actually fit with Marchand and Bergy fairly well.

Not ideal... But outside-the-box? Interesting to consider.

Marchand - Bergeron - Fast
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Frederic - Zuccarello

I'm not on board with this idea specifically, but a similar concept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad