Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
continued from here:

Proposal: - Bruins Trade proposals VII - MOD in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Dzingel for Zboril.

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports contract discussions between Senators GM Pierre Dorion and Matt Duchene’s agent (Pat Brisson) recently intensified. Duchene is slated to become a UFA on July 1. During talks last month, the Senators were believed to have proposed an eight-year, $64-million contract.
Garrioch said Dorion is getting inquiries from other clubs about Duchene and fellow UFA forward Mark Stone but the club still hopes to re-sign them as well as winger Ryan Dzingel. Still, it’s believed Duchene and Stone have until next week to reach a decision. If they decide to test this summer’s free-agent market, the Senators will want sufficient time to gauge the trade market.
SPECTOR’S NOTE: There’s a growing belief among the punditry that whatever happens with Duchene and Stone will determine the moves by others clubs in the trade market. We should know by next week if one or both will be re-signed or traded.

Reactions: sleepyh and Duffy04

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Tonight's a big game! I still think the Leafs are going to add a Ferland or Simmonds to add some grit to their top 9 in a potential 7 game series against us. They have already added Muzzin who's looking really good. Bruins can't afford to wait much longer. They need to not only separate from the pack (Mtl, Buf, Car, etc) I want them to catch the Leafs for 2nd in the division. I want home ice against those clowns. Just for fun, a crazy trade proposal

To Boston: Ryan Getzlaf (30% retained, cap hit of 5.7)
To Anaheim: Danton Heinen+ JFK+2nd rounder 2019

To Boston: Mark Stone
To Ottawa: Zach Senyshyn, Jeremy Lauzon, 1st 2020

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Celharik-Krejci-Stone
Debrusk-Getzlaf-Donato
Wagner-Backes-Kuraly

Reactions: Coach Parker

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
There is no love lost between Toronto and Ottawa so a trade can work.

Sweet Revenge can also come from Lou / Islanders. It's been rumoured he was sour with the way things went down final days before Dubas was named new GM. The Tavares thing just escalated more frustration.

TSN NHL hockey analyst like Dreger have all but said expect an offer sheet on Marner this summer...the first name on the list to make this happen is one Lou. With that said, could Lou also add fire to the fuel this trade deadline by making a good hockey trade with the bruins helping both teams in the playoffs?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Honestly, the NHL NEEDS a successful offersheet that results in pure spite and then the could put out a behind the scenes of the drama of it, 24: the offer sheet.

Reactions: Top Shelf Wrister

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Honestly, the NHL NEEDS a successful offersheet that results in pure spite and then the could put out a behind the scenes of the drama of it, 24: the offer sheet.
Matthews signs an offer sheet and next thing you see is a photo of him back in the day with NYI bedsheets on instagram. Damn, if Garth Snow was around hed make this happen. The pettiness runs deep with him

Reactions: Flannelman

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Would absolutely be a great thing if Lou got his nose dirty with Marner or Matthews. Just let Charlie Mac sign his extension first before all hell breaks loose.

Reactions: Flannelman

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Players to me that don't look like have a future with us because of our depth on D are zboril and grez . If we package those with a 2nd round pick we should be able to get a decent forward with good age and term for that second or third line. Someone want to fill in the blank who would come back for that package? I say toffoli plus maybe a prospect back as well easily. I'm a big fan of is only 26 and can score and in prime.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Tonight's a big game! I still think the Leafs are going to add a Ferland or Simmonds to add some grit to their top 9 in a potential 7 game series against us. They have already added Muzzin who's looking really good. Bruins can't afford to wait much longer. They need to not only separate from the pack (Mtl, Buf, Car, etc) I want them to catch the Leafs for 2nd in the division. I want home ice against those clowns. Just for fun, a crazy trade proposal

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Celharik-Krejci-Stone
Debrusk-Getzlaf-Donato
Wagner-Backes-Kuraly

Going to cost a lot more than that for Stone but I like the idea. Except Donato on the third line, he needs to spend the rest of the season in Providence before they ruin what chance he has at being a good NHL player.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If you made that trade you'd be gun-shy too. :sarcasm:

Haha. On top of my biggest UFA signings being the equivalent of buy-outs in Beleskey and Backes? Yeah, I guess I might be.

I might also be anxious to redeem myself though. You can't succeed at this job if you can't make a trade or sign a worthwhile UFA can you?

Reactions: Strafer

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Celharik-Krejci-Stone
Debrusk-Getzlaf-Donato
Wagner-Backes-Kuraly

I'm glad you mentioned Getzlaf. Haven't looked at trade proposals lately, so maybe he's been mentioned, but he was one player I was thinking about that could come out of left-field. Can't see Anaheim giving him up for that offer though, especially if they retained. Despite the disaster the Ducks are this year, he's still a heckuva hockey player and should be through the last few years of his contract.
Think it would take more to land Stone also as someone will offer more.
But those two would be pretty much the wish-list - and then work down from there.

I'm going to try to think of some more posibilities to land these guys as I'm just killing time this morning.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Celharik-Krejci-Stone
Debrusk-Getzlaf-Donato
Wagner-Backes-Kuraly

NHL19 called and just rejected both your deals.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
On top of my biggest UFA signings being the equivalent of buy-outs in Beleskey and Backes? Yeah, I guess I might be.

I might also be anxious to redeem myself though. You can't succeed at this job if you can't make a trade or sign a worthwhile UFA can you?
Well, I think 'draft and develop' is 50% of the gig. If you can get that part right you can suck at the other two things and still turn out alright. Of course, if you were passable at the other two you'd be better than alright.

I put up a list of so-called available players and tiered them a few days ago...

A-list
Mark Stone, OTT
Matt Duchene, OTT
Artemi Panarin, CBJ

B-list
Brayden Schenn, STL
Chris Kreider, NYR
Jakub Silfverberg, ANA
Micheal Ferland, CAR
Charlie Coyle, MIN
Ryan Dzingel, OTT
Gustav Nyquist, DET
Kevin Hayes, NYR
Mats Zuccarello, NYR
Brandon Saad, CHI
Tyler Toffoli, LAK
Jeff Carter, LAK
Marcus Johansson, NJD
Vlad Namestnikov, NYR
Wayne Simmonds, PHI
Mikkel Boedker, OTT
Kovalchuk, LAK
Derek Brassard, FLA

C-list
Alex Steen, STL
Patrick Maroon, STL
Brian Boyle, NJD
Luke Glendening, DET
Jack Roslovic, WPG
Andre Burakovsky, WSH
Tobias Rieder, EDM
Carl Hagelin, LAK
Jamie McGinn, FLA

@neelynugs said he thought we'd be in great shape if we got someone from the A list and someone from the B list but that realistically he was expecting someone from the B list and C list. It got me thinking, would two guys from the B list be enough? (Leave it to the B's to pass on the A-player to get two B-players but that's a story for a different time.)

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Well, I think 'draft and develop' is 50% of the gig. If you can get that part right you can suck at the other two things and still turn out alright. Of course, if you were passable at the other two you'd be better than alright.

I put up a list of so-called available players and tiered them a few days ago...

A-list
Mark Stone, OTT
Matt Duchene, OTT
Artemi Panarin, CBJ

B-list
Chris Kreider, NYR
Jakub Silfverberg, ANA
Micheal Ferland, CAR
Charlie Coyle, MIN
Ryan Dzingel, OTT
Gustav Nyquist, DET
Kevin Hayes, NYR
Mats Zuccarello, NYR
Brandon Saad, CHI
Tyler Toffoli, LAK
Jeff Carter, LAK
Marcus Johansson, NJD
Vlad Namestnikov, NYR
Wayne Simmonds, PHI
Mikkel Boedker, OTT
Kovalchuk, LAK
Derek Brassard, FLA

C-list
Alex Steen, STL
Patrick Maroon, STL
Brian Boyle, NJD
Luke Glendening, DET
Jack Roslovic, WPG
Andre Burakovsky, WSH
Tobias Rieder, EDM
Carl Hagelin, LAK
Jamie McGinn, FLA

@neelynugs said he thought we'd be in great shape if we got someone from the A list and someone from the B list but that realistically he was expecting someone from the B list and C list. It got me thinking, would two guys from the B list be enough? (Leave it to the B's to pass on the A-player to get two B-players but that's a story for a different time.)
D list vanek. He still can pop one in. In case Donny does nothing at least get him.

Duffy04

Sep 29, 2017
D list vanek. He still can pop one in. In case Donny does nothing at least get him.

Might be worth signing him to be a healthy scratch just so he doesn't end up playing against Boston in the playoffs. I swear when the Bruins play Buffalo I still think Vanek is going to end up on the score sheet somehow.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Yeah, but just because Dale Tallon is a big dumbass that doesn't excuse Sweeney's mistakes.
Rumor has it Tallon is trying to trade for Bobrovsky now (using Brassard & Reimer as part of the package) so he can sign Bob to an 8 year extension. That would give him...

Bobrovsky, at 30 years old with a .901 sv pct @ ~$8m per for 8 years
AND Luongo, at 39 years old with an .895 sv pct @ $4.5m per for 3 more years.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

A-list
Mark Stone, OTT
Matt Duchene, OTT
Artemi Panarin, CBJ

B-list
Chris Kreider, NYR
Jakub Silfverberg, ANA
Micheal Ferland, CAR
Charlie Coyle, MIN
Ryan Dzingel, OTT
Gustav Nyquist, DET
Kevin Hayes, NYR
Mats Zuccarello, NYR
Brandon Saad, CHI
Tyler Toffoli, LAK
Jeff Carter, LAK
Marcus Johansson, NJD
Vlad Namestnikov, NYR
Wayne Simmonds, PHI
Mikkel Boedker, OTT
Kovalchuk, LAK
Derek Brassard, FLA

C-list
Alex Steen, STL
Patrick Maroon, STL
Brian Boyle, NJD
Luke Glendening, DET
Jack Roslovic, WPG
Andre Burakovsky, WSH
Tobias Rieder, EDM
Carl Hagelin, LAK
Jamie McGinn, FLA

Namestnikov and Boedker I think are more C listers. My more realistic hope if for a B list winger with some term and a C lister #3C that can be a rental.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
NHL19 called and just rejected both your deals.
Haahahahaha its tough making proposals because it's usually "Hey NHL 19 called and just rejected both your deals" or "holy over payment batman"

I have no clue what it'd cost to land either. My point was acquiring those two at or near the deadline would be amazing and make us the deepest team at Center by a country mile!

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

A-list
Mark Stone, OTT
Matt Duchene, OTT
Artemi Panarin, CBJ

B-list
Chris Kreider, NYR
Jakub Silfverberg, ANA
Micheal Ferland, CAR
Charlie Coyle, MIN
Ryan Dzingel, OTT
Gustav Nyquist, DET
Kevin Hayes, NYR
Mats Zuccarello, NYR
Brandon Saad, CHI
Tyler Toffoli, LAK
Jeff Carter, LAK
Marcus Johansson, NJD
Vlad Namestnikov, NYR
Wayne Simmonds, PHI
Mikkel Boedker, OTT
Kovalchuk, LAK
Derek Brassard, FLA

C-list
Alex Steen, STL
Patrick Maroon, STL
Brian Boyle, NJD
Luke Glendening, DET
Jack Roslovic, WPG
Andre Burakovsky, WSH
Tobias Rieder, EDM
Carl Hagelin, LAK
Jamie McGinn, FLA

I'd like to see Boston nab Silfverberg and Roslovic and sign Stone as a free agent in the off season. I don't think that this is the year for Boston—little or no chance the team can beat Tampa or Washington in the playoffs, or even Toronto for that matter—so best to acquire a couple of useful players who can address positional needs (C and RW) and then go for the big fish (Stone) over the summer.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad