Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals VIII - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
i'm not really on board for henrique. not that he's a bad player, but i'd rather land a RW that's long term since
there is nobody really knocking on the door in that position with regard to our prospects. senyshyn is close but
he'll probably start in a bottom 6 role. give me a RW with some term and give me a C that's a straight rental.
frederic and studnicka are both very close, and at least 1 should be ready to handle 3c next year.

Sounds like Toffoli and Stall

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't mean a literal Bergeron replacement, I mean a legitimate 1C.

Same question lol. How many teams have a legit #1C. To me Bergeron is minimum what I consider a #1C. For example, Duchene is the #1C in Ottawa and I dont consider him a #1C

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
i'm not really on board for henrique. not that he's a bad player, but i'd rather land a RW that's long term since
there is nobody really knocking on the door in that position with regard to our prospects. senyshyn is close but
he'll probably start in a bottom 6 role. give me a RW with some term and give me a C that's a straight rental.
frederic and studnicka are both very close, and at least 1 should be ready to handle 3c next year.

Kyle Palmeri is a guy in wouldnt mind try to get. 28, right show signed for 2 more years, plays either wing and get you 30+ goals and 50+ points.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I like your idea, and it actually might work. But if Krejci could play with straight up & down wingers like Lucic & Horton, then I have no doubt he could play with Kreider & Ferland.

I disagree. 100%. Krejci plays his best when his wingers are good passers with a high IQ. Krejci worked with Lucic and Horton not because they were "big up and down wingers" but because they were also excellent passers and cyclers, 30 assist guys. He had his best statistical season with Wheeler who is also a smart passer. And he played his best hockey in years with Marchand and Pasta, scoring at better than a point per game...

The higher the IQ, the better Krejci you'll get.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I disagree. 100%. Krejci plays his best when his wingers are good passers with a high IQ. Krejci worked with Lucic and Horton not because they were "big up and down wingers" but because they were also excellent passers and cyclers, 30 assist guys. He had his best statistical season with Wheeler who is also a smart passer. And he played his best hockey in years with Marchand and Pasta, scoring at better than a point per game...

Sounds like Mark Stone would be a perfect fit.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Yes yes, and before that replace Spooner(guilty) and Knight with Caron and before that I dunno if I’d deal Colborne, he’s captain material..but this time it’s different ;)
yes but in fairness people still cry about trading Wheeler and we've even seen people complain about trading Vatrano.

For all the prospects that didn't pan out, there are certainly cases where we gave up too early on guys. The key is obviously getting a good enough return to offset it.

Reactions: Strafer

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
So anything? Been traveling a lot.
Same.

And by perusing through these boards, I'm glad nothing has happened.

This team still needs to grow; we have the vets, we are missing depth in key spots, but we are far from being an elite contender.

If we make it in, anything can happen, but in my opinion we shouldn't be giving up futures for short term bandaids. Make hockey deals or none at all, in my opinion.

Reactions: Flannelman

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

this is what a lot of people don't realize. Horton especially was tremendously skilled. There's a reason he went 3rd overall.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Start with Sweeney:naughty:
I truly want to see what he gets done this Trade Deadline. If he fixes some of the mistakes he's made then fine. After that, after the season/playoffs he then needs to redeem himself and DO some very important forward thinking repair to the lineup. If that means trading middling assets for picks do it. By now they should have some idea of their needs vs. what they have. As others have said the end is near for our core centers of Bergeron and DK. By the end of the 2020 season if no replacements are in sight/on the horizon he needs to get ahead of the curve and make some tough decisions. The time is now, the man is Sweeney, or not!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think I'd rather finish 7th and play the Eastern Conference winner
I been on that for awhile

The problem is even though they suck like Rask does they are probably going to get 105 points ~ as is its 101 so not hard to get there

Avoid Tampa till round 3 should be the goal

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
When was our last good trade that we made?
Raycroft for Rask?
Campbell and Horton for Wideman/1st and 3rd round picks?
Its been a while and too long for my liking.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I still havent changed how I feel.
As currently constructed I dont see them as a bonafide contender.
We have been hoping/ waiting for a 2nd line wing and a 3rd center for what? Three seasons now?
They have more assets (kids) then they have room for in the foreseeable future.

Deal some and fill those holes.

No rentals. But players with some term.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Same.

And by perusing through these boards, I'm glad nothing has happened.

This team still needs to grow; we have the vets, we are missing depth in key spots, but we are far from being an elite contender.

If we make it in, anything can happen, but in my opinion we shouldn't be giving up futures for short term bandaids. Make hockey deals or none at all, in my opinion.
Here here, finally someone making sense!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I still havent changed how I feel.
As currently constructed I dont see them as a bonafide contender.
We have been hoping/ waiting for a 2nd line wing and a 3rd center for what? Three seasons now?
They have more assets (kids) then they have room for in the foreseeable future.

Deal some and fill those holes.

No rentals. But players with some term.

Concise and to the point!:thumbu::yo:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Same question lol. How many teams have a legit #1C. To me Bergeron is minimum what I consider a #1C. For example, Duchene is the #1C in Ottawa and I dont consider him a #1C

I think a legit number 1 center is someone you feel will be better than the other teams number 1 center at least 40% of the time... hold his own 20% of time... so theres around 12 centers that you can be very confident about... and another 6 or so knocking on the door

Duchene certainly wouldn't be in this group but he does some good things... helps the offense. if he was a second liner youd expect him to be among the top 40% of all second line centers. You could be quite happy with him as your second liner.

he wouldn't be better than what pittsburg or Toronto or Washington have though... honestly krecji makes me feel more confident then Duchene does as far as neutralizing these guys we must compete against. Duchene will be MORE EXPENSIVE than krejci going forward so I vote keep krejci and the assets. even if you build a case Duchene is better than krejci I think its hard to build a case that he is better than krejci and the assets.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019

100%? That’s pretty definite. I wouldn’t really call Horton & Lucic very high IQ players. And he worked very well with them. Kreider & Ferland are similar IQ players as them. Of course Krejci will do just as well or better with high IQ players like Pasta or Marchand, but to say he wouldn’t work with Kreider or Ferland cause they don’t have the required IQ is absurd. BTW Kreider averages about 25a/sea. Playing with Krejci might make him a 30 assist player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad