Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals VIII - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just an update/reminder for everyone:

After losing 2 games in a row, we are now in the "Sweeney can't make a deal because he'll get hosed by teams knowing he is desperate" phase.

As equally difficult as the "Sweeney doesn't need to make a trade now because we are winning" phase.

Both valid points AND excuses. The real key is knowing the difference of that two at what time...

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Just an update/reminder for everyone:

After losing 2 games in a row, we are now in the "Sweeney can't make a deal because he'll get hosed by teams knowing he is desperate" phase.

As equally difficult as the "Sweeney doesn't need to make a trade now because we are winning" phase.

Heinen is improving his stock though and there's always Jeff Gorton to fall back on.

But I can foresee Sweeney saying the returns of Bergy,Jake and Big Z is like making 3 major deadline deals, without giving up any assets and the improved play of the kid line, made it so no deal was deemed necessary.

Reactions: Strafer

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Heinen is improving his stock though and there's always Jeff Gorton to fall back on.

But I can foresee Sweeney saying the returns of Bergy,Jake and Big Z is like making 3 major deadline deals, without giving up any assets and the improved play of the kid line, made it so no deal was deemed necessary.

I'll be honest. I figured both last year and this year would be building years, getting the kids some experience to make them NHL players. I am ok with Sweeney riding this year out. However, I am in the minority. I think he has to do SOMETHING in order to get the B's to the 1st round and make Jacobs his profit. If he makes a decent move to ensure that without mortgaging our future I can see it working out in the long run. But it will make a LOT of fans unhappy.

Reactions: TCB

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'll be honest. I figured both last year and this year would be building years, getting the kids some experience to make them NHL players. I am ok with Sweeney riding this year out, however I am in the minority. I think he has to do SOMETHING in order to get the BG's to the 1st round and make Jacobs his profit. If he makes a decent move to ensure that without mortaging our future I can see it working out in the long run. But it will make a LOT of fans unhappy.

Your either in it to win or unload and build

Reactions: Blowfish

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'll be honest. I figured both last year and this year would be building years, getting the kids some experience to make them NHL players. I am ok with Sweeney riding this year out, however I am in the minority. I think he has to do SOMETHING in order to get the BG's to the 1st round and make Jacobs his profit. If he makes a decent move to ensure that without mortaging our future I can see it working out in the long run. But it will make a LOT of fans unhappy.

Yes, I agree. But I would like to see Sweeney bring in some help no doubt, because I feel the Bruins are just that help away, but it is nice watching the young kids get better. I mean JFK and Donato's games have grown a lot since the beginning of the year and it seems like Senyshyn is starting to shine down in providence and Vaak and Lauzon looked good in their brief time with the Bruins.

I think the bruins are deep enough where he shouldn't have to mortgage the future and still be able to improve the team. Their pipeline of talent appears to be pretty deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So we lost and Nash being injured is an excuse but we didn't lose anybody up front? Can't have it both ways.

If you think this offense even when healthy is going to win anything then I don't know what you were watching when the team was healthy. In the playoffs, teams will just focus on shutting down the first line and nobody else can score.

I think you lost me...

so lets try my side again... we powered through last years regular season fairly healthy... then added a couple rentals at deadline... almost caught tampa from like 30 points behind... went into playoffs but unfortunately had the crippling injuries hit our defense again...

knocked off Toronto spoiling close to 450 million dollars of taxpayer money they had already spent on their cup parade planning route

and then the team you probably think is the best in the nhl… beat us

so I think we are ok here. im not sure that I said we lost because rick nash got hurt. we had many more injuries then that. and im not even sure I said we would have won if healthy. in fact I think I have often said winning and losing at playoff time often comes down to one puck bounce in game 7.

of course its more likely that puck bounce goes in your favor if you got the better horses. nash was one of our better horses and he got hurt. carlo was hurt. I guess Bergeron and chara were hurt?

anyhow now we look at this years team and im guessing that's where you wanted to call me out? so I said this years team is better on paper then last year. that basically rick nash is the only lose. that basically getting him back would make us better than last year

is that what you are challenging? and if so... why? and how do you make that argument???

are you telling the rest of us halak isn't better than khubodin?

maybe you feel McAvoy/carlo have peaked and are on the decline? moore isn't better than McQuaid? gryz or krug have regressed? or is it chara? are you telling us our defense is worst? im not sure what argument you are trying to have with me. for the record... our defense is much better and deeper.

up front? are we unable to handle the loss of riley nash? tim schaller? are those the guys you are pointing to and saying we took a step back? do you feel david backes and danton Heinen are the reasons we are worst? or is it krecji?

I honestly don't know what your point is.

I will say that our kids have not stepped up their game over last year and have struggled... but that's not written in stone now. with a bit of help, I foresee a strong possibility they will have better second halfs. the 4th liners like Nordstrom and wagner are about the same as riley nash and schaller. maybe not having as good a year. but that's offset by the improvement in pastrnak.

honestly, if you get Bergeron healthy and add a guy like rick nash our forward group is roughly as good as last years.

they just know they are hurt and shallow at the moment... the kids are struggling with confidence... the team is focused on defense first... theres a negative momentum hurting us.

plenty of time to turn that around when we get our leaders back in the lineup second half and the turn around becomes even more easy if we add an impact guy for our top 6 to help

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Chicago is a dumpster fire, lost by a high score again. Go big or go home. Let's get Patty Kane for this right side :sarcasm:

in my sim league I dealt him for 4 first round picks... it probably seems high but I respect the guy who made me that offer. I think in real nhl, the price would be similar. give up the picks and then on top of it give up the cap room

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
in my sim league I dealt him for 4 first round picks... it probably seems high but I respect the guy who made me that offer. I think in real nhl, the price would be similar. give up the picks and then on top of it give up the cap room

for 4 1ST round picks they are going to have to take a cap dump with that.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
So, the Bruins have been struggling to score goals 5-on-5, here are stats for some of the Top-9 Forwards discussed in this thread ---- 5-on-5 over the last two seasons including playoffs sorted by primary points per 60 minutes of ice-time. I've included the Bruins top-9 for comparison.

P1/60AgeCap AAVYrs. Rem.GPGAGF%FO%
D. Pastrnak2.26126364461.31
B. Marchand2.0112254860.78
P. Bergeron1.9794223160.34 57.22
D. Krejci1.61108133756.0 49.6
V. Tarasenko1.4827$7.5Mthis +4110272455.88
J. DeBrusk1.31110212157.52
B. Schenn1.2927$5.125Mthis +1108183054.01 48
B. Saad1.2926$6.0Mthis +2114192146.32
J. Forsbacka Karlsson1.18142144.44 40.0
R. Donato1.18344445.16
D. Heinen1.15116162358.82
T. Toffoli1.1426$4.6Mthis +1120172353.04
A. Anisimov1.0530$4.55Mthis +2103121444.12 46.58
W. Simmonds1.0430$3.975Mthis then UFA112151644.04
C. Coyle1.0326$3.2Mthis +1103112555.1449.82
T. Bozak0.8532$5.0Mthis +2118122852.29 54.48
D. Backes0.8396101043.75 53.04
J. Carter0.7733~$5.273Mthis +3657847.62 52.72
A. Bjork0.77503854.29
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Absurdity

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Not necessarily a trade, but if they lose again today, you have to expect some sort of roster shakeup.. if only to hammer home the point that these were important points and the result is unacceptable, beyond the compulsory bag skate.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Not necessarily a trade, but if they lose again today, you have to expect some sort of roster shakeup.. if only to hammer home the point that these were important points and the result is unacceptable, beyond the compulsory bag skate.

Important points I agree....but you can only tread water without players like Bergeron and Chara for so long. They are playing hard but you've got a bunch of 4th liners out there and kids with very little experience.

Reactions: Strafer

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Important points I agree....but you can only tread water without players like Bergeron and Chara for so long. They are playing hard but you've got a bunch of 4th liners out there and kids with very little experience.

Until recently we were missing one forward with the same results. This team is desperate for some skill / goal scoring.

Reactions: gumgum

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Until recently we were missing one forward with the same results. This team is desperate for some skill / goal scoring.
Skill, scoring, size, toughness and grit but we have Heinen and Donato and Bjork in the AHL so everything will be ok:sarcasm:

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Let's just fast forward to next year when Studnicka, Lauko, and Senyshyn make the team

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

You can add this to Sweeney's never ending list of why he cant make a trade.:laugh:

But its hard too get a feeling for this team on how good they are, with all the injuries. I mean I really don't know what we have until everyone is back healthy.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You can
But its hard too get a feeling of this team on how good they are, with all the injuries. I mean I really don't know what we have until everyone is back healthy.

All teams face injuries. Bruins will have more when Bergeron chara and Debrusk return. Can’t continue this way. Can’t get burned in a trade but something has to give.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Hasn’t really been Sweeney’s MO to make changes to keep players attentive. I think if they lose its business as usual.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Maybe that's a good thing with Donny trading track record. At least the future stays intact.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
All teams face injuries. Bruins will have more when Bergeron chara and Debrusk return. Can’t continue this way. Can’t get burned in a trade but something has to give.

That's it exactly you can't stand by idle because you have injuries. When Bergy,Jake and Big Z were all in the line-up. Same problem/same results.

Sweeney I feel is just real hesitant to make a deal. Its hard saying from the outside looking in but one would think there's gotta be a likely trading partner out there. Especially this yr with the likes of Chicago, St.Louis, LA and Philly free-falling.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
What is Sweeney track record exactly?

The future stays intact? Tell me what your crystal ball sees?
Love our kid line dont want to Donny to touch especially donato and JFK. Heinen can go depending on return . I've been clamouring for heinen for toffoli if kings bite . I don't want Donny giving up high picks and prospects for Nash returns anymore.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad