Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals VIII - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That's it exactly you can't stand by idle because you have injuries. When Bergy,Jake and Big Z were all in the line-up. Same problem/same results.

Sweeney I feel is just real hesitant to make a deal. Its hard saying from the outside looking in but one would think there's gotta be a likely trading partner out there. Especially this yr with the likes of Chicago, St.Louis, LA and Philly free-falling.

and yet there hasn't been much in the way of impact trades yet this year. Those teams are not dumb, they are going to wait and see what team feels like they are that 1-2 pieces away because they'll pay the most. If I'm a selling team, sure I'll listen to offers, but I'm not making a move until closer to the deadline when there are half a dozen teams calling about the same guy.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Love our kid line dont want to Donny to touch especially donato and JFK. Heinen can go depending on return . I've been clamouring for heinen for toffoli if kings bite . I don't want Donny giving up high picks and prospects for Nash returns anymore.

I'm with ya on the JFK line, really liking the Chemistry and workmanship attitude they have .

The Nash trade on paper does look as if Sweeney gave up a lot but in the realm of things Lindgren may never play in the NHL, Spooner has skill but no-production, getting rid of Belesky and half of that contract was a win.

So too me basically, the only thing he gave up with value,was the first round pick in which was labeled as a weak draft class.

Sweeney. I feel is very committed to his drafting and prospects and wants too build a winner through their drafting, but I think it takes more than that. You need to be flexible and be willing and able to make deals, in an attempt to make your team better, especially when you've drafted well and built up a pool of prospects.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What is Sweeney track record exactly?

The future stays intact? Tell me what your crystal ball sees?
Let’s see; Beleskey, Backes, Hayes, Stempniak, Liles would come to mind.
Not a crystal ball, but how about making a trade that brings in an impact guy without surrendering the future (DeBrusk, Donato, Bjork, for example)?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
and yet there hasn't been much in the way of impact trades yet this year. Those teams are not dumb, they are going to wait and see what team feels like they are that 1-2 pieces away because they'll pay the most. If I'm a selling team, sure I'll listen to offers, but I'm not making a move until closer to the deadline when there are half a dozen teams calling about the same guy.

That all depends, their best deal might come tomorrow or it could come at the deadline. With more legitimate sellers the buyer may actually have more leverage than usual by being able to move on to another team.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Let’s see; Beleskey, Backes, Hayes, Stempniak, Liles would come to mind.
Not a crystal ball, but how about making a trade that brings in an impact guy without surrendering the future (DeBrusk, Donato, Bjork, for example)?

Belesky and Backes were FA signings.

The others ya not great deals but none of them were disastrous either. I mean as a GM your going to win some and lose some. I'd rather see him try to make an impactful deal and bring in a legit stud even if it cost a Bjork or Donato.

He's a GM who's committed by drafting which is fine. He's been pretty successful so far, but he also needs to be able to make a deal and use that surplus of prospects he built to try to win a cup.

Reactions: Strafer

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

The others ya not great deals but none of them were disastrous either. I mean as a GM your going to win some and lose some. I'd rather see him try to make an impactful deal and bring in a legit stud even if it cost a Bjork or Donato.

He's a GM who's committed by drafting which is fine. He's been pretty successful so far, but he also needs to be able to make a deal and use that surplus of prospects he built to try to win a cup.
Beleskey and Backes were FA signings but the end result is still the same. Sweeney gave these guys long term contracts.

I realize you have to give to get but I’d be careful about moving the ones I mentioned. A surplus of LH defensemen is the place I would look to satisfy our need for a winger who can score consistently.

Reactions: TCB

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

hope he plans on winning one soon. his track record with acquiring NHL players makes me nervous

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Donny we need skill skill skill. Somebody who can put the puck in the net. It's whats killing this team . Package grez heinen for Brayden schenn. I bet blues take that deal. I want to find cheap solutions but this looks more serious then I thought after watching last night's game. This team can't throw a beachball in a swimming pool right now.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Those problems were years ago.

Concussion damage is cumulative, in many cases, it never fully heals and further hits can make it much worse.

It's true, ask Dr. Recchi.

Not to repeat myself, but we dont need another Nash. I think Backes is close to the same situation.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Come to my house and Ill hook you up with a 10 dollar seat, without the trades. Three bathrooms to boot!
Come to mine. Only two bathrooms but I only charge $5.00 a beer. Canadian.

That’s like 48 cents American! You’ll be plastered by the 1st intermission. Only $8 dollars lighter

Reactions: Ratty

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Concussion damage is cumulative, in many cases, it never fully heals and further hits can make it much worse.

It's true, ask Dr. Recchi.

Not to repeat myself, but we dont need another Nash. I think Backes is close to the same situation.

Sure, but at the same time has his problems been overhyped?
It's atleast what I've felt when reading Carolina fans thoughts on Skinner, and we could say every player who's had a concussion could be one hit away.

Since 2012 he's been logging closer to full seasons.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Sure, but at the same time has his problems been overhyped?
It's atleast what I've felt when reading Carolina fans thoughts on Skinner, and we could say every player who's had a concussion could be one hit away.

Since 2012 he's been logging closer to full seasons.

Overhyped? I wont argue against that. Every time you hear of fans talking about skinner his concussion history comes up. But it is still a valid concern.
Buffalo took and risk and its paying off in spades for them. Good for them. Good luck resigning him, too. He is going to get overpaid for this season.

Players who have their best seasons on contract years piss me off. Why wont you play like that during the other years you lazy......

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
for what it's worth I asked Reed Duthie about this a few weeks ago and this was his response:

What kind of player do the Bruins think they will get if they're not willing to trade their equivalent of Cliff f***ing Pu?

I really hope the price was not the stopping point in acquiring Skinner and that it was really that he wouldn't waive his NMC to go to Boston.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What kind of player do the Bruins think they will get if they're not willing to trade their equivalent of Cliff ****ing Pu?

I really hope the price was not the stopping point in acquiring skinner and that it was really that he wouldn't waive his NMC to go to Boston.

Dom has also mentioned that the Bruins were on Skinners list so he would have come here IMO.

Reactions: maxl7

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Dom has also mentioned that the Bruins were on Skinners list so he would have come here IMO.

Yeesh.

This logic better prevent them from acquiring any rental by the deadline, then. Simmonds, Nyquist, etc.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Overhyped? I wont argue against that. Every time you hear of fans talking about skinner his concussion history comes up. But it is still a valid concern.
Buffalo took and risk and its paying off in spades for them. Good for them. Good luck resigning him, too. He is going to get overpaid for this season.

Players who have their best seasons on contract years piss me off. Why wont you play like that during the other years you lazy......

Concussions aren't a joke, and Skinner has had them. But he's not the only one and hasn't suffered for years.
People keep bringing he's injury prone when he hasn't missed major time for years and years.

With that said I wouldn't want to sign him to the contract he's going to get this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->