Debrusk Bergeron Simmonds
Williams RHN Heinen
Wagner Kuraly Backes

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Vaaka Miller

Rask
Halak

Moving both Krug and Gryz would be awful. Vaak seems to have plenty of potential but I’m not shredding D depth and counting on him after suffering a nasty concussion and playing essentially 1 NHL game

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
To Edm: Krug, JFK
To Bos: RHN

To Flyers: Grz, Bjork, 2nd round pick
To Bruins: Simmonds

To Hurricaines: Donato, Clifton
To Bruins: Justin Williams

Marchand Krejci Pasta
Williams RHN Heinen
Wagner Kuraly Backes

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Vaaka Miller

Rask
Halak

We have to drop krug to edmonton... jaffe on the weekend show mentioned he heard from krugs camp that oilers are on his no trade list

The guys laughed and said oilers are on alot of teams no trade list

But honestly oilers are like second hottest team in nhl last 15 games... and playing great defensive hockey. Why would we expect them to trade 1 of their only 3 forwards who has a pulse?

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
OMG, Those were terrible,just terrible deals.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The sell your future for one shot type deals. Krug, Gryz, Donato and Bjork all gone for potentially nothing to show for it next season. 3 of those players are currently cost controlled and not even near their ceilings.

Reactions: Strafer

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Remember they dont hand out the cup in december

Our 2 best leaders just missed a month... this happens while the kids are trying to find confidence

The ultimate key to our playoffs is not only get guys like bergeron, chara healthy... but their leadership takes the kids like mcavoy, debrusk, third line... and drags performance out of these guys

If we add even 1 single plow horse to the sled... its an easier ride. Saying its hopeless just means you are out of the loop

Our team has better bones to build on than it did last year. The kids are 1 year closer to being ready. December is not april

My vote... get us that 2nd line rw everyone knows we need. We need it today. We would still need it april. We know we need it so make it happen

If its going to be rick nash... then get it over with. Us fans need a bone thrown our way. If its not him... then go after the next guy

Charlie coyle isnt going to cut it

They say bergeron, and chara could be back within 2 weeks... if that happens great. But i want to see a solution for 2nd line too

I love the kids... but its time. Use 1 or 2 and get us immediate help cause we are good enough a trade can make the difference
So I agree with what you say here about using 1-2 kids (or players) to get a player good enough to make a difference. I just feel strongly that that player has to be a bona fide top 6 forward and he ought to be assumed as part of this team for the long haul. Not a rental, not a veteran on his last legs (Nash for example), not a pending UFA. Make a real hockey trade aimed at improving the present and future. It’s overdue, IMO.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So I agree with what you say here about using 1-2 kids (or players) to get a player good enough to make a difference. I just feel strongly that that player has to be a bona fide top 6 forward and he ought to be assumed as part of this team for the long haul. Not a rental, not a veteran on his last legs (Nash for example), not a pending UFA. Make a real hockey trade aimed at improving the present and future. It’s overdue, IMO.

You have to help me figure out the cap if we have our hearts set on a longterm big ticket addon

Im already planning on krecji/krug/backes/chara/miller leaving over next 2 years... 27 mill

Im giving mcavoy, carlo, debrusk, heinen around 14 mill

Got to figure minimum 5 mill to replace outgoing guys

Gives me around 8 mill plus whatever the cap goes up to effect positive asset improvement

Now if krejci stays... poof there goes 7 of that room

If chara stays poof we got no money at all

I would love to see us get tarasenko and pietrangelo and throw in nylander too... but how do we pay them?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So we play LeScabs tomorrow night. I hope the boys have enough in them after 2 tough losses to overcome that atmosphere and even more poor officiating as is usual in Montreal. This can be an ugly one.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
can the Bruins manage to trade for a plus scorer those that my formula gives a failing overall grade to for the season so far? if so, I am for it. and here are my very serious ultra geeky player output ratings that nobody asked for.

MAR82 KRE83 PAS79
NOR74 CAV56 BAC66
DON23 FOR64 HEI76
KUR78 ACC55 WAG67
KRU53 CAR74
GRZ82 McA92
MOO76 KAM50
RAS88
HAL93

BER89
BJO72
DeB66
SMI1

MIL107
CLI90
CHA86
ZBO74
LAU71
VAA18

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I liked our team last year... disposed of hated leafs... got beat by the cup favorite tampa bay team... but we were beatup injuries when tampa prevailed

Nash was injured by that time

Since then we upgraded goal

Our defense is much deeper

And who did we lose up front?

Ladies and gentlrman... weve been very very very injured the first 33 games here. I realize we are frustrated watching our injured team stumble along above 500 beating teams like toronto with our great goaltending and fantastic defense... but to say its impossible to fix offense is just silly

Bergeron and debrusk are 2/5th of our top 6... rick nash would be the 3rd.

Trust me you take away 3 of the top 6 scorers from anyteam... that team will lose its danger factor

Its very fixable... just get healthy
Blockbuster

Carlo
Senyshyn
DeBrusk
Zboril
JFK
Lauzon

To St Louis

Pietrangelo
Schwartz
Schenn

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So we play LeScabs tomorrow night. I hope the boys have enough in them after 2 tough losses to overcome that atmosphere and even more poor officiating as is usual in Montreal. This can be an ugly one.

I do love how often maple leaf fan will bring up boston and officiating out of nowhere... crying like their last 50 years of suckville is 100% because we have officials in our pocket

I think it says more about them that they would voice this opinion out loud

That said... ive seen how that circuis show in montreal influence officiating like no where else

I mean this is the team where they try to organize boycotts of sponsors and call for parliment hearings when calls dont go their way

Luckily their team has sucked for most of last 25 years and even 1 sided officiating doesn't hurt us too much these days

Just frustrates me i have to endure non stop ongoing dred wondering how the officials will screw us this week... because i know it will be something

Enough is enough... look at the numbers and admit there is an organized bias... cut it out

If we need to apologize for something... lay it on the table. Let us apologize. Treat us fair

If marchand has to walk naked doing a game of thrones shaming to be forgiven... ok... sure... probably

Whatever it takes, but this league officiating bias against us has reached ridiculous level

Reactions: Strafer

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
You have to help me figure out the cap if we have our hearts set on a longterm big ticket addon

Im already planning on krecji/krug/backes/chara/miller leaving over next 2 years... 27 mill

Im giving mcavoy, carlo, debrusk, heinen around 14 mill

Got to figure minimum 5 mill to replace outgoing guys

Gives me around 8 mill plus whatever the cap goes up to effect positive asset improvement

Now if krejci stays... poof there goes 7 of that room

If chara stays poof we got no money at all

I would love to see us get tarasenko and pietrangelo and throw in nylander too... but how do we pay them?

I’m no capologist either, but have to admit I’ve never read someone suggesting that the obstacle to acquire a top notch player is our cap space. I guess I’m under the impression we have enough cap space to add a quality talent, and I’m assumkng the assets we’d have to move to acquire such a player either cost a fair amount now or will soon enough. I feel like worthwhile targets would cost painful assets to give up, and such assets usually get paid well.

I’m not good at trade offers but I do think targets like Tarasenko or Schenn are the caliber of players we ought to be targeting. And for name sake I think we ought to make some quality players available for players like that. Carlo, Heinen, Krug, DeBrusk, Gryz, etc. Give to get so long as you’re acquiring the best player in the deal who represents an upgrade on your team right away. If you have to add a little to get a team to take salary, do it.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I’m no capologist either, but have to admit I’ve never read someone suggesting that the obstacle to acquire a top notch player is our cap space. I guess I’m under the impression we have enough cap space to add a quality talent, and I’m assumkng the assets we’d have to move to acquire such a player either cost a fair amount now or will soon enough. I feel like worthwhile targets would cost painful assets to give up, and such assets usually get paid well.

I’m not good at trade offers but I do think targets like Tarasenko or Schenn are the caliber of players we ought to be targeting. And for name sake I think we ought to make some quality players available for players like that. Carlo, Heinen, Krug, DeBrusk, Gryz, etc. Give to get so long as you’re acquiring the best player in the deal who represents an upgrade on your team right away. If you have to add a little to get a team to take salary, do it.

Ive pointed out dozens of times our cap projects to be up against it next year... but for anyone that did want to see for themselves capfriendly is quite user friendly

People might quibble when forecasting upcoming contracts. Ive learnt to predict a fair number than add at least 20%

I still usually guess low

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
To Edm: Krug, JFK
To Bos: RHN

To Flyers: Grz, Bjork, 2nd round pick
To Bruins: Simmonds

To Hurricaines: Donato, Clifton
To Bruins: Justin Williams

Marchand Krejci Pasta
Williams RHN Heinen
Wagner Kuraly Backes

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Vaaka Miller

Rask
Halak
can't wait to see our D without Krug, Grizz or McAvoy (who I'm assuming you still want to trade for "elite" Tarasenko)

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Remember they dont hand out the cup in december

Our 2 best leaders just missed a month... this happens while the kids are trying to find confidence

The ultimate key to our playoffs is not only get guys like bergeron, chara healthy... but their leadership takes the kids like mcavoy, debrusk, third line... and drags performance out of these guys

If we add even 1 single plow horse to the sled... its an easier ride. Saying its hopeless just means you are out of the loop

Our team has better bones to build on than it did last year. The kids are 1 year closer to being ready. December is not april

My vote... get us that 2nd line rw everyone knows we need. We need it today. We would still need it april. We know we need it so make it happen

If its going to be rick nash... then get it over with. Us fans need a bone thrown our way. If its not him... then go after the next guy

Charlie coyle isnt going to cut it

They say bergeron, and chara could be back within 2 weeks... if that happens great. But i want to see a solution for 2nd line too

I love the kids... but its time. Use 1 or 2 and get us immediate help cause we are good enough a trade can make the difference

Very well said. The officiating in the NHL is bush league. It's an embarrassment. Bettman is only good for one thing, making a buck for the owners. He is NOT a fan, and never was a fan of hockey and it shows. He is from the NBA and is trying to make the NHL into the NBA in terms of the rules, penalization's etc. I could go on and on but there is nothing that I have to say that everybody doesn't know. It's obvious that NHL officials have no oversight in terms of performance. Their prejudices for and against certain teams is apparent and they have no remorse of shame in the prosecution of their decisions and they fear no review.
If Brad Marchand played for Toronto or Montreal he wouldn't be penalized half as much as he is. These last two losses were put over the edge by two disallowed goals.
Oh, and in regard to "Maple Leaf fans" they're just mentally ill, the whole lot of 'em!"
End of Rant.

Reactions: TCB

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I liked our team last year... disposed of hated leafs... got beat by the cup favorite tampa bay team... but we were beatup injuries when tampa prevailed

Nash was injured by that time

Since then we upgraded goal

Our defense is much deeper

And who did we lose up front?

Ladies and gentlrman... weve been very very very injured the first 33 games here. I realize we are frustrated watching our injured team stumble along above 500 beating teams like toronto with our great goaltending and fantastic defense... but to say its impossible to fix offense is just silly

Bergeron and debrusk are 2/5th of our top 6... rick nash would be the 3rd.

Trust me you take away 3 of the top 6 scorers from anyteam... that team will lose its danger factor

Its very fixable... just get healthy

So we lost and Nash being injured is an excuse but we didn't lose anybody up front? Can't have it both ways.

If you think this offense even when healthy is going to win anything then I don't know what you were watching when the team was healthy. In the playoffs, teams will just focus on shutting down the first line and nobody else can score.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
can't wait to see our D without Krug, Grizz or McAvoy (who I'm assuming you still want to trade for "elite" Tarasenko)

I like McAvoy ... but the D core would just keep trucking with Clifton, Louzan, Vaaka

And if these trades were to happen + a much improved offensive firepower

Reactions: Blowfish

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
spending his spare time eating doughnuts

DHOBb6GXUAAWxls.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad