Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals VIII - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Last time Schenn was traded it was two firsts and a cap dump. Depends on what Stl wants. They might not want a true rebuild.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
No point if the cost is one of Pasta/McAvoy.

Elite sniper in his prime shouldn't be traded for non elite players/prospects.

I totally agree, if I were a GM that's the philosophy I would have but realistically when's the last time an elite player was traded for that a younger also elite player? Look at the return for guys like Karlsson, Skinner, Kessel. Those guys never get fair value which is why you try to get in on those kind of deals.

Reactions: Strafer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hmm, who was the elite RW that padded his totals?

And who was the C that padded that RW stat?

It was mutual

Schenn is not going to come cheap... St Louis doesn't have to give him away for cheap. It will be the opposite

look maybe that Blues GM loves Zboril, Senyshen and will give up Schenn .... but that is a special/unrealistic idea

Donny if he was on the other side would do that same.... any gm would

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Its going to take a ton to get Schenn

like a 1st, Debrusk, Vaaka for starters

you would do that?

What!!??

Schenn is a very good player, but that’s f***ing ridiculous. He’s a 55-60 pt guy. His 70 pt season last year was an outlier. He’s on pace for 56 this year, and even if you used last year as a high water mark, DeBrusk had 43 as a rookie last season. You think the B’s are going to have to add UV and a 1st “for starters”?

:laugh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I totally agree, if I were a GM that's the philosophy I would have but realistically when's the last time an elite player was traded for that a younger also elite player? Look at the return for guys like Karlsson, Skinner, Kessel. Those guys never get fair value which is why you try to get in on those kind of deals.

Tarasenko has 4.5 years left on his contract, and I would say that is valued clearly higher as a player than Carolina Skinner.

With that contract Blues could create a helluva bidding war for Tarasenko, and moving player like that with his term for non elite player/prospects is firing worthy.

From the Blues I'd rather try to target strenghtening of the C group.

Reactions: wintersej

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What!!??

Schenn is a very good player, but that’s ****ing ridiculous. He’s a 55-60 pt guy. His 70 pt season last year was an outlier. He’s on pace for 56 this year, and even if you used last year as a high water mark, DeBrusk had 43 as a rookie last season. You think the B’s are going to have to add UV and a 1st “for starters”?

I mean there has been ideas thrown around of Krug + Debrusk for RHN (which is an overpay for sure)

A fair deal for Schenn....might be a 1st and vaaka.... but the open market would drive it up the price in favor for the Blues

this is why I wouldn't seek this trade, unless you are willing to overpay

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Doug Amstrong's interview on the Bernie Nichols show, he commented on the great job they've done in Winnipeg with them being patient with their prospects and then he also said a player like Jaden Schwartz is worth 3 first round picks.

So I'm guessing he'd be looking for a boat load of picks/Prospects in any deal. But hey, why not start high?

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What!!??

Schenn is a very good player, but that’s ****ing ridiculous. He’s a 55-60 pt guy. His 70 pt season last year was an outlier. He’s on pace for 56 this year, and even if you used last year as a high water mark, DeBrusk had 43 as a rookie last season. You think the B’s are going to have to add UV and a 1st “for starters”?

btw if both GMs start arguing/debating

Blues gm would have the edge .... the 70 points may be an outlier but it was done. And Debrusk scored 30 points less even though he has potential to score more

How does trading Debrusk for Schenn 1 to 1 make sense/fair for the Blues gm? Its not like Debrusk is lighting it up this season either (and the Bruins are doing much better than the Blues)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I mean there has been ideas thrown around of Krug + Debrusk for RHN (which is an overpay for sure)

A fair deal for Schenn....might be a 1st and vaaka.... but the open market would drive it up the price in favor for the Blues

this is why I wouldn't seek this trade, unless you are willing to overpay

I guess it depends on what the overpayment is.....

If we’re talking a 2nd or 3rd or someone like Gabrielle.....I’d be good.

If it’s Studnika, Lauzon, etc. then no.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I guess it depends on what the overpayment is.....

If we’re talking a 2nd or 3rd or someone like Gabrielle.....I’d be good.

If it’s Studnika, Lauzon, etc. then no.

So what you are saying is a 2nd and Gabrielle .... for either RNH or Schenn

you can't be serious

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Tarasenko is great but the Bruins already have 3 elite forwards in Marchand, Bergeron & Pasta and a top shelf 2nd line C in Krejci. In a cap world you don't get to have all those guys and ADD a Tarasenko without creating a big hole somewhere else.

The Bruins have a Ferrari in their garage already in Pasta. They don't need & can't afford another Ferrari but they can hopefully go after a loaded Mustang GT.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What!!??

I would hang the phone up if I hear DeBrusk in Schenn talk

Tarasenko is another story

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Tarasenko has 4.5 years left on his contract, and I would say that is valued clearly higher as a player than Carolina Skinner.

With that contract Blues could create a helluva bidding war for Tarasenko, and moving player like that with his term for non elite player/prospects is firing worthy.

From the Blues I'd rather try to target strenghtening of the C group.

I'm aware of the term left on his contract. Kessel had term when he was traded. The point is that these types of players almost never get what they're worth. No team is giving up an equivalent player to Pasta or McAvoy for Tarasenko, so while Armstrong can negotiate in through the press and boast about the value of his players, when you trade these types of guys you almost always lose out.

Reactions: Strafer

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Tarasenko is great but the Bruins already have 3 elite forwards in Marchand, Bergeron & Pasta and a top shelf 2nd line C in Krejci. In a cap world you don't get to have all those guys and ADD a Tarasenko without creating a big hole somewhere else.

The Bruins have a Ferrari in their garage already in Pasta. They don't need & can't afford another Ferrari but they can hopefully go after a loaded Mustang GT.

Every single team has weaknesses. That's the nature of the salary cap. I'd rather have a roster weakness as a result of having "too many" elite players than trying to have the impossible "balanced" team, especially considering that hockey is a strong link game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->