Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals VIII - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Is McAvoy currently a franchise D? No he isn’t. Now Tarasenko is a franchise winger. No doubt about it. Yes I do believe Macavoy does have the potential to be franchise D but that is a possibility not a Guarantee. The other thing that keeps being dropped is the 7.5 million contract for 5 more years. Which is incredible value for an Elite winger.

He's already a key blueliner for this team with potential to be a franchise D-man, you trade him and you have zero potential franchise D-men on the roster.
You could argue Tarasenko isn't a franchise winger, and he plays the least valuable position.

Tarasenkos term means nothing to me if it takes McAvoy to get him.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
About the d. Were the bruins deficient without macavoy and Chara in the line up? No. The young is not the issue. ForwRds are a very big concern.

You’re right about the defense. But I do question how long that would hold up and how they’d fare in the playoffs. It’s tough to weigh but I keep McAvoy over Tarasenko.

Reactions: Strafer

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He's already a key blueliner for this team with potential to be a franchise D-man, you trade him and you have zero potential franchise D-men on the roster.
You could argue Tarasenko isn't a franchise winger, and he plays the least valuable position.

Term and $s means something in a cap world. If macavoy reaches the potential you see him at he will be over 10 million.

Another poster has already convinced me a young Center stud is the way to go for a macavoy trade. .

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Term and $s means something in a cap world. If macavoy reaches the potential you see him at he will be over 10 million.

Another poster has already convinced me a young Center stud is the way to go for a macavoy trade. .

Have you forgotten his contract ends after this season?

He has no business with 10M contract right now, Rantanen/Marner/Laine/Matthews are in that tier.
He's a tier or 2 below money wise right now, 8y- 7.xM.

So at the end of season you could have McAvoy, top pair D-man+ potential franchise D-man for 7.5M 8 years or Tarasenko for 5 more years at 7.5M.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Have you forgotten his contract ends after this season?

He has no business with 10M contract right now, Rantanen/Marner/Laine/Matthews are in that tier.
He's a tier or 2 below money wise right now, 8y- 7.xM.

So at the end of season you could have McAvoy, top pair D-man+ potential franchise D-man for 7.5M 8 years or Tarasenko for 5 more years at 7.5M.

I don’t think it’s a ridiculous trade but like I said prefer young Center.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Trading backes for Eriksson is something Donny should entertain . Cap almost same? I doubt nucks would do it unless we add sweetner.

you are missing a couple of key elements

1/ backes has a no trade protection that would block a deal to Vancouver

2/Eriksson is still owed 13 million over 3 years. if we wait to move backes after july 1 next year he is owed 5 million for 2 years. since both guys SUCK and since we want NEITHER of them when we are dealing with our cap crunch over the next couple years... why would we think the guy with the 13 million dollar price tag would be the same to get rid of as the guy with the 5?

remember.. there are SEVERAL teams that are NOT CAP TEAMS. Backes cap hit ONLY MATTERS TO TEAMS THAT ARE CAP TEAMS. the other teams CARE ABOUT SALARY

we will never be able to trade backes to any cap team so lets cross them off the list and only focus on salary teams. salary teams are usually young and usually are looking for leadership and grit to help their kids develop

trading backes right now... is very likely extremely difficult and LUCKILY WE DONT NEED TO. but moving ahead to next years opening night lineup its easy to see a crisis looming if we have a 6 million dollar 3rd/4th liner on the team

just say no to loui Eriksson because one we got that guy hes here for the whole shabang

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
In my opinion the bruins won’t be moving DeBrusk or macavoy. Doesn’t make sense. If they are trying to make a run at the cup then the move for a guy like taresenko would be a bunch of draft picks and top tier prospects. Probably defensive prospects. Seems Boston is deep on D prospects and young players. Plus if they are a wild card team the picks are potentially higher. I think if the blues move tarasenko it will be for a rebuild. And rebuilds start with first round draft picks.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
His skating definitely needs work, but he's been producing.

7G-12A in last 18 games. Deserves a look IMO.

And Colby Cave was producing in Providence

Fitz is what he is. A small wing who isn't a great skater. He has some hands, but in the NHL he is likely another 4th line winger, who won't produce much there because he'll be playing with other 4th liners

Back to the subject of deals, there is a small number of players in the league I would deal him for, and a 27 year Old RW is not on the list. Unless the Bruins get very lucky in the draft, McAvoy is the Bruins #1 defenseman for the next decade

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Topic on the main board about Spezza. I think he could be a good fit as 3C that can move up and down the line up. Still has some good speed, hands and a wicked shot. Carries a big hit of 7.5 so may need to sweaten the deal to get Dallas to retain. This would most likely be a deadline deal if Dallas is out if it.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

And worth every penny of it. You just dont trade away your Chara replacement franchise defender

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Wayne Simmonds is held together with duct tape and bubble gum. The last thing we need is him to get hurt after we acquire him. On paper is a prototype Bruin and a great winger to have.

"A tear in his pelvic area, fractured ankle, pulled groin, busted mouth (twice) and the torn ligament in his thumb."

All this was just from last year.

The cost would not be worth the risk. We cannot have another Nash situation.

I was about to say Simmonds sounds too much like Nash held together by "Duct Tape"

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Sorry but Taraskenko is most definately a franchise winger.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sorry but Taraskenko is most definately a franchise winger.

Not if you watch his play for the last 2 seasons and again winger is the least valuable position and Bruins already have 2 franchise wingers.

an opinion ... ok

You draft your franchise players, Pasta is the future of the wing, McAvoy the future of the defense, C ???? nothing, and now they should trade their best hope on the blueline for a winger, who's also clearly older than the D-man.

That's very bad asset management.
Unless you put Pasta on the table nobody is going to trade McAvoy level defender back to Boston to replace McAvoy.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
you are missing a couple of key elements

1/ backes has a no trade protection that would block a deal to Vancouver

2/Eriksson is still owed 13 million over 3 years. if we wait to move backes after july 1 next year he is owed 5 million for 2 years. since both guys SUCK and since we want NEITHER of them when we are dealing with our cap crunch over the next couple years... why would we think the guy with the 13 million dollar price tag would be the same to get rid of as the guy with the 5?

remember.. there are SEVERAL teams that are NOT CAP TEAMS. Backes cap hit ONLY MATTERS TO TEAMS THAT ARE CAP TEAMS. the other teams CARE ABOUT SALARY

we will never be able to trade backes to any cap team so lets cross them off the list and only focus on salary teams. salary teams are usually young and usually are looking for leadership and grit to help their kids develop

trading backes right now... is very likely extremely difficult and LUCKILY WE DONT NEED TO. but moving ahead to next years opening night lineup its easy to see a crisis looming if we have a 6 million dollar 3rd/4th liner on the team

just say no to loui Eriksson because one we got that guy hes here for the whole shabang
I guess we're stuck with backes then he's hitting and producing some help on the scoring tonight . Lets hope he keeps this up.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I wonder how long it takes before this myth about building through the draft gets shot full of holes.

Guys are control expense for 3 seasons... kids like david pastrnak, charlie mcavoy, danton heinen, brandon carlo often are very up and down in these 3 seasons... whether they are helping or frustrating is questionable. But when you get a good one... by the time year 3 arrives... its 4 mill for decent players and 6+ for stars

BUT THE WORST PART IS... you are signing these kids at 21 and 22 letting them become UFA at 27/28

I point this insanity out... but i cant fix it. The system is headed to a nucleur meltdown

The small market teams did a lockdown to get a chance to compete but now NO ONE CAN COMPETE.

If you draft well... you pay

If you dont... you suck (but thats only because the myth is being clung too)

When will teams start to realize... 6 mill spent on a 22 year old kid or a 28 year old vet probably gets you the same bang for the buck?

Who will be the teams that put the brakes on these 5-7 year guarantee contracts that often suck

We always say... i dont want that contract after its been signed... so why do they keep signing them?

Trades and ufa are everybit as good as drafts... hell, a draft can be traded even. At the end of the day, its about filling roster spots on a team with assets that help and are affordable

Whether a guy comes to the team like a pick pj axelsson or a trade tuuka rask or an ufa signing zdeno chara... it might all help

Every situation has to be correctly measured and acted upon

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Since most of these proposals are fantasy proposals and we likely won’t see anything until we’re healthy...

Boston:
4th round pick

Anybody:
Acciari

Seriously I can’t fathom why he is still playing.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I just want to clarify so everyone is on the same page and make sure I'm not misunderstanding:

Adding Chara and Bergeron back to the lineup is like making a trade addition to this team that still gets swept easily by Tampa Bay in a best of seven. The addition of these two just brings them back to hopefully par with last year but with a less effective Marchand, Heinen and DeBrusk.

No one here thinks that this team is a contender fully healthy correct?

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad