Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That's a given, but what happens in round 2?

Who knows? That's why it's a second season and anything can happen. Like the Bruins going into last playoffs with important injuries. Young players are older and wiser this year, perhaps Carlo will actually get to play in the playoffs, that would be huge the way playoff games can be with tighter checking and heavier board play. Who knows what happens with other teams' injuries, slumps, etc.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
if the Bruins are going to go after a rental (not ideal but to salvage the season)

Zucarello would be a fine pickup as long as he doesn't cost too much (and no 1st round pick) - probably a 2nd round pick and two prospects. He becomes a UFA after this season, high chance he gets traded as the Rangers are on a rebuild

I predict Krejci and Zuca would have instant chemistryt..... Zuca is similar to marchand (overall skillset)
Mats would be a good trade deadline pickup, but I agree we shouldn’t pay a lot for a rental. Can’t see offering him a long term contract as Anders Bjork may be ready after his tutelage in Providence. Besides, Zucc, who makes 4.5 now would ask for at least as much for a long term.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Mats would be a good trade deadline pickup, but I agree we shouldn’t pay a lot for a rental. Can’t see offering him a long term contract as Anders Bjork may be ready after his tutelage in Providence. Besides, Zucc, who makes 4.5 now would ask for at least as much for a long term.

Can worry about that after the season

I would give up Bjork in a package for Zucca

You have to give up something to get a good player in return

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Who knows? That's why it's a second season and anything can happen. Like the Bruins going into last playoffs with important injuries. Young players are older and wiser this year, perhaps Carlo will actually get to play in the playoffs, that would be huge the way playoff games can be with tighter checking and heavier board play. Who knows what happens with other teams' injuries, slumps, etc.

Even with the return of Bergy and Company, come playoff time, they'll need more. Its a whole new ball game. Teams pick up intensity and play becomes a lot harder and space a lot tighter.

Bruins still are pretty much a 1 line team and they need some proven forward depth if they expect too advance beyond round one. I'd still take a chance on Simmonds I think he'd be the perfect fit on the second line. killing two birds with one stone,he'll bring the much needed toughness and can score.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Can worry about that after the season

I would give up Bjork in a package for Zucca

You have to give up something to get a good player in return
True, but not so much for a rental. You suggested a second and a couple of prospects. Those prospects should NOT include Bjork who has a bright future once he gets a little more experience, like Donato.

Fitz and a Cave type is all I would offer. Otherwise, Anders may be ready for a recall by TD time.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Come on man lol you can't end it like that lmao

giphy.gif

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I'm sure we are asking about Coyle. He makes perfect sense. He would be a very solid 3C who could slide up to wing on the second line if needed. His contract is reasonable and he's from the area.

The issue is if other teams are also interested he is not worth a bidding war. He's probably worth a 2nd round pick or a B prospect.

I also foresee people around here disliking him. He is big but he doesn't really use the body.

Would be a good pick up at the right price.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm sure we are asking about Coyle. He makes perfect sense. He would be a very solid 3C who could slide up to wing on the second line if needed. His contract is reasonable and he's from the area.

The issue is if other teams are also interested he is not worth a bidding war. He's probably worth a 2nd round pick or a B prospect.

I also foresee people around here disliking him. He is big but he doesn't really use the body.

Would be a good pick up at the right price.

This has always been an issue for me.

Where he is from should have no bearing on anything.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I think the bruins should just plug along until the trade deadline then pick up an expiring contract veteran scoring winger.

Maybe Brock Nelson, dzingel, stone, duchene, anders lee, simmonds ect.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Fenton local kid who played at BU probably follows them close so JFK would interest

JFK looking more confident not sure I am looking to deal him

Yes. I remember he was also among the bruins choices when they hired Sweeney. He got a lot of credit for help building the Preds.

JFK I agree, he's been playing better and Better, Really been impressed (reminds me of a younger Zibanejad) with him since he's been playing with Donato and Heinen. Getting away from the other teams top units, surely has helped, but it looks as if the Bruins may have hit it with another one of their 2015 picks. I wouldn't involve him in any deal unless a legit stud is coming back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad