Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If Oilers are willing to eat a good chunk of Spooner salary

What about a Spooner for Cehlarik trade

Spooner is struggling like no tomorrow this season. Not sure what is up with him.
Currently is he playing hurt? Or stuck with 4th line stiffs? Or became lazy due to getting paid?
But he was an uphill surge here before traded to the Rangers and finished season on a strong note.

It would be a cheap move as Cehlarik has no future here anyways

I would like the Marchand Krejci Pasta line to stick...but something tells me no matter what , Cassidy will go back with Marchand Bergeron Pasta combo.... so then after this proposal

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Spooner

Tempory patch.. until the trade deadline. And if Spooner plays better (good chance)... his trade value would look like a million dollars compared to what it is now

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Spooner is struggling like no tomorrow this season. Not sure what is up with him.
Currently is he playing hurt? Or stuck with 4th line stiffs? Or became lazy due to getting paid?
But he was an uphill surge here before traded to the Rangers and finished season on a strong note.

I would like the Marchand Krejci Pasta line to stick...but something tells me no matter what , Cassidy will go back with Marchand Bergeron Pasta combo.... so then after this proposal

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Spooner

Tempory patch.. until the trade deadline. And if Spooner plays better (good chance)... his trade value would look like a million dollars compared to what it is now

That boat has sailed .I see Spooner out here alot living in the West and he is not the answer in my mind.Bruins need a goal scoring winger.Imagine if Bruins could find that how much more dangerous the top line would be with teams having more to concentrate on

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
That boat has sailed .I see Spooner out here alot living in the West and he is not the answer in my mind.Bruins need a goal scoring winger.

I disagree

What I learned with Krejci playing with Pasta and Marchand is...he needs another puck handler that can at least pass and a winger that can bury the puck

Not Nordstrom, Backes or even Nash

Debrusk and Spooner is no Pasta and Marchand. But similar ingredient

We have seen Krejci paired with Debrusk and Pasta several times and it didnt work. Telling you he needs another puck handler that can pass(at min) and Spooner can do these things at least

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Spooner

Oh good lord.

Please with the pining for ex-Bruins.

Anyway, you folks do you what you want. No desire to Spooner back in Boston. No chance it would ever happen.

I wonder what Mike Ryder is up to..?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Doesnt have to be Spooner... my point is, it looks like the wrong type of winger is being sought out for Krejci

Another Marchand(who can handle, pass, score) would be ideal...

Get a RW at least that handle the puck, pass and skate

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Good question. Speaking for myself, I don't think we're as far away from being a contender as many others do. We man handled God's pick to win the Cup the other night without two of our most important pieces. We're two forwards away from being able to hang with Tampa in my mind.

We've also seen a rental acquisition work first hand (Kaberle in 2011, though it can be argued he didn't do much in that run), so I believe in the institution of rentals.
2011 worked, but how about all of the years it didn't though?

I don't think this team is as close as many think, I think there are just too many growing pains still going on (which I'm OK with), just don't think we should keep prematurely going for it when we could save it for a time to get better players.

I'd rather invest all of the assets given up for rentals for a guy that's gonna be here that's part of the plan. I think rentals work for one team a year... Otherwise I think those assets are better used for long term solutions, not bandaids.

Reactions: Strafer and Iceage

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
2011 worked, but how about all of the years it didn't though?

I don't think this team is as close as many think, I think there are just too many growing pains still going on (which I'm OK with), just don't think we should keep prematurely going for it when we could save it for a time to get better players.

I'd rather invest all of the assets given up for rentals for a guy that's gonna be here that's part of the plan. I think rentals work for one team a year... Otherwise I think those assets are better used for long term solutions, not bandaids.

This I agree with.

Look if the Bruins get lucky and somehow they have their best players healthy and playing well when the playoffs start (and somehow stay healthy through 2.5 months). Then I think the team is a legit contender, who could become more of a contender with 1 or 2 key moves,

That said the perfect best case scenario is the least likely scenario, and I agree that I am unwilling to make short term moves. If I am GM, I am looking at 3-4 years when I am considering acquiring or dealing a player.

I don't throw a Bjork and a JFK just to bring Charlie Coyle in to be a mediocre 2nd line RW, The Bruins have some surplus and can consider making moves, but lets not give up pieces to get a marginal short term upgrade. Dream big , target someone who can become a core piece

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Unless we can get Coyle 1 for 1 for Backes, then I hope the Habs get Coyle, that is what I think of him, he is not going to solve anything for us, just another Jimmy Hayes hometown boy, big guy but super soft player. Hope the habs give up a lot to get him. Rather the Bruins focus on getting someone actually good, Schenn, Stone, Rakell and a dream scenario Hall.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If you were the B’s (or CLS) would you consider a Bobrovsky for Rask swap? The word is that the relationship is not good and he’s not likely to re-sign. That could change obviously.

Rask will be 32 in March, while Bob just turned 30 in September. Tuukka is signed for two more seasons after this year at $7m and Bob is a FA. This year Rask (2.50/.917) is outperforming Bob (3.14/.898), but you have to wonder how much the contract situation is affecting him.

Obviously, for the B’s to make the deal, they would have to re-up Bob, and he may want to check out the market.

Just spitballing here.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I dont think we need to diagnose the Krejci need based off playing with two-thirds of the best line in the NHL. Krejci is a skilled guy, of course he's going to blossom playing with Marshy and Pasta.

Krejci's best years were with Milan Lucic and Horton/Iginla. He also had good spurts with Ryder and Wheeler. He's proven that he likes big hulking wingers on his side, likely a reason we got Nash last season. I think a Coyle would be ok but I dont think he's the best option. If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, go get Simmonds. I believe Debrusk-Krejci-Simmonds would be amazing. Plus it gives us that toughness we've been lacking.

I think Donato and Heinen are fixtures on that 3rd line but we need a better 3rd line center if we are competing for the cup than JFK. I like what JFK has been bringing but send him down to go lead the P-Bruins to a deep playoff run/Calder cup. Him, Cave, Lauzon, and Vaak. I am very big on the Krug for RNH train. I love Krug but he's going to get paid and we have a ton of LD in the organization. We pull the trigger on that deal, maybe sending Celharik and Nordstrom as well and grab Kassian.

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Simmonds
Donato-RNH-Heinen
Kassian-Kuraly-Backes
Wagner/Smith

Chara-Carlo
Gryzz-McAvoy
Moore-Miller
Kampfer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Oh good lord.

Anyway, you folks do you what you want. No desire to Spooner back in Boston. No chance it would ever happen.

Bruins got away from a 4 million dollar commitment to a marginal perimeter hockey player in Spooner and now people want him back? Good grief.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you were the B’s (or CLS) would you consider a Bobrovsky for Rask swap? The word is that the relationship is not good and he’s not likely to re-sign. That could change obviously.

Rask will be 32 in March, while Bob just turned 30 in September. Tuukka is signed for two more seasons after this year at $7m and Bob is a FA. This year Rask (2.50/.917) is outperforming Bob (3.14/.898), but you have to wonder how much the contract situation is affecting him.

Obviously, for the B’s to make the deal, they would have to re-up Bob, and he may want to check out the market.

Just spitballing here.

Not a chance would I give Bobrovsky the type of contract he will be looking for.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The perfect player to play with Krejci would be Panarin. Obviously Columbus wants a lot for him, but as time passes they'll realize nobody gonna pony up what they want for a UFA to be.

Just throwing this out there.

Bobrovsky + Panarin
for
Rask + Donato + Frederic + conditional 2019 1st (If Pananrin re-signs) becomes 2019 2nd if he doesn't

Re-up Bobrovsky 5 years x 7.5-8 million

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Oh good lord.

Maybe we can bring back Dougie and enjoy the benefits of his -10 on the season lol.

It is interesting that his partner (Slavin) was +22 in his career and now this year playing with Hamilton he's a -15 on the season.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
We are not trading Rask for Bobrovsky.

Bobrovsky has been ass this year and is hot garbage in the playoffs. Plus he is looking for term and money.

Those who shit on Rask around here are going to be real f***ing upset when the playoffs roll around with Bob

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Oh good lord.

That SNAPSHOT tho. Woof

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Maybe we can bring back Dougie and enjoy the benefits of his -10 on the season lol.

It is interesting that his partner (Slavin) was +22 in his career and now this year playing with Hamilton he's a -15 on the season.

Because plus minus is extremely variable and most of the factors that contribute to it are completely out of the control of the player.

Plus minus is stupid. Let's move on.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Because plus minus is extremely variable and most of the factors that contribute to it are completely out of the control of the player.

Plus minus is stupid. Let's move on.

Did you watch the Carolina game last night? Dougie was 100% a factoring contributing to his +/-

Carolina allowed 4 goals last night...Hamilton was on the ice for all four goals and on a few he didn't even attempt to play defense.

Reactions: JCRO

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Did you watch the Carolina game last night? Dougie was 100% a factoring contributing to his +/-

Yes. I watch every Carolina game. He had a bad game. That doesn't mean that plus minus isn't stupid.

Getting back on topic:

I can't see the Bruins re-acquiring Spooner. The fact that they're interested in Coyle means that they're seemingly dead-set on getting a guy with "size" to play with Krejci. In Coyle's case, his size doesn't really factor into his play at all so I'm curious as to why they're not aiming higher.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yes. I watch every Carolina game. He had a bad game. That doesn't mean that plus minus isn't stupid.

Getting back on topic:

I can't see the Bruins re-acquiring Spooner. The fact that they're interested in Coyle means that they're seemingly dead-set on getting a guy with "size" to play with Krejci. In Coyle's case, his size doesn't really factor into his play at all so I'm curious as to why they're not aiming higher.

Sorry, but when you're new d-partner goes from a +22 on his career to a -15 in 29 games its a red flag. Giordano on the other hand went from an even player to a +16 on the season...I wonder what these two guys have in common....OH OH OH, Hamilton!

The kid is flat out overrated and Carolina will probably move him after next year.

Issues in Boston
Issues in Calgary
Carolina....TBD

3 would make a trend ;)

As far as Spooner goes, I agree I can't see them re-acquiring him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->