Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nay a million times.

Coyle would be ok as long as the cost isnt more than a meh prospect or a 2nd or later round pick. Other than that i dont see how he is that much of an improvement.

Coyle solves very little

Bruins need to find a top 6 fwd and not washed kind like a Rick Nash ... not Simmonds who is more like a 3rd liner now

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nay a million times.

Coyle would be ok as long as the cost isnt more than a meh prospect or a 2nd or later round pick. Other than that i dont see how he is that much of an improvement.

Why not?

Zucca and Namestnikov would boost the offense quite a bit

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So Minnesota is just going to be willing to give up a 26 year old Charlie Coyle while they are in the hunt for a playoff spot?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Zucca + Namestnikov for 1st and Studnicka

Yay or nay?

let me watch Studnicka in the world Juniors and then Ill answer:laugh:

I think he would be the last prospect I would want to deal. Can't say I've ever seen him play but, I remember he got quite the endorsement from Marchand and Pasta after trainng camp.

Talented prospect duo showcase potential with Marchand and Pastrnak

[Jack] is a really good player, I really like him,” Marchand said about Studnicka. “He’s going to play for this team eventually and he’s going to be a really good player. He sees the ice very well and is very talented. He’s not scared to go to any area of the ice and he’s very fast.

“He’s a very skilled player and he showed that at the rookie camp. Smart guy that works really hard,” Pastrnak added. “It’s nice to get a couple games with him and he’s going to be a good player.”

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I'll take a guy who has a decent track record, and is hard to knock off the puck as a 3rd line C.

You misunderstand. I'm not knocking the player. I'm saying his track record has more relevance than his height and weight.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
let me watch Studnicka in the world Juniors and then Ill answer:laugh:

I think he would be the last prospect I would want to deal. Can't say I've ever seen him play but, I remember he got quite the endorsement from Marchand and Pasta after trainng camp.

Talented prospect duo showcase potential with Marchand and Pastrnak

[Jack] is a really good player, I really like him,” Marchand said about Studnicka. “He’s going to play for this team eventually and he’s going to be a really good player. He sees the ice very well and is very talented. He’s not scared to go to any area of the ice and he’s very fast.”

“He’s a very skilled player and he showed that at the rookie camp. Smart guy that works really hard,” Pastrnak added. “It’s nice to get a couple games with him and he’s going to be a good player.”

Havent been impressed yet by Studnicka...but he is still very young

Has good size ... but he is not a very fast skater, great puck handler ...havent seen him showcase passing/shooting

I think his ceiling is going to be a 3c

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Has good size ... but he is not a very fast skater, great puck handler ...havent seen him showcase passing/shooting

Have you seen him a lot??

Saying he's not very fast surprises me a little considering a speedy player like Marchand talked about Studnicka's speed and I remember an interview with Studnicka saying "one of the biggest challenges playing with Marchy and Pasta was being able to keep up with them, as I thought, I was fast but those guys can fly"

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So Minnesota is just going to be willing to give up a 26 year old Charlie Coyle while they are in the hunt for a playoff spot?

They are a team with a older veteran core (similar to Boston) doubtful they are asking for picks and prospects for Coyle. They are most likely looking for something that helps them now.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Coyle solves very little

Bruins need to find a top 6 fwd and not washed kind like a Rick Nash ... not Simmonds who is more like a 3rd liner now
He is on pace for 30 goals how does that make him a 3rd line player?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They are a team with a older veteran core (similar to Boston) doubtful they are asking for picks and prospects for Coyle. They are most likely looking for something that helps them now.

So why as an aging veteran team trying to win now, are they going to trade a guy who is producing at a .50 PPG clip.

I dont see them trading coyle, even if they fall out of contention. I think that’s a piece they want to hold on to. I would be looking at Staal because I think that’s a more realistic piece they Minnesota would be parting with if they fall in the standings.

I understand fans want to trade for young players with term. I just don’t see it actually happening unless we are sending a big piece back the other way.

Only guy that I’ve seen mentioned on trade rumors that somewhat fits the relatively young piece fans want would be Marcus Johansson. He’s having a down year with 12 points in 27 games and his contract is up at the end of the year, but he’s 28 and the Bruins could have a chance of signing him back next off season at his age 29 season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So why as an aging veteran team trying to win now, are they going to trade a guy who is producing at a .50 PPG clip.

I dont see them trading coyle, even if they fall out of contention. I think that’s a piece they want to hold on to. I would be looking at Staal because I think that’s a more realistic piece they Minnesota would be parting with if they fall in the standings.

I understand fans want to trade for young players with term. I just don’t see it actually happening unless we are sending a big piece back the other way.

Only guy that I’ve seen mentioned on trade rumors that somewhat fits the relatively young piece fans want would be Marcus Johansson. He’s having a down year with 12 points in 27 games and his contract is up at the end of the year, but he’s 28 and the Bruins could have a chance of signing him back next off season at his age 29 season.

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to why Minnesota considering moving Coyle. My guess is they are looking for something that is a better fit line-up wise than Coyle. But I'm not familiar with the regular lines in Minnesota so I have no idea what they'd be looking for. I'm going to assume picks and prospects aren't what they are after here 1/3 into the season.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If I’m the bruins organization right now I offer the New Jersey devils one of (jfk/frederic/studnicka)/cehlarik/2nd round pick for johansson

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to why Minnesota considering moving Coyle. My guess is they are looking for something that is a better fit line-up wise than Coyle. But I'm not familiar with the regular lines in Minnesota so I have no idea what they'd be looking for. I'm going to assume picks and prospects aren't what they are after here 1/3 into the season.

I heard that new GM Paul Fenton (local boy) has watched and waited to get a good read on his players and now would be willing to implement some changes that make sense. What pieces I don't know.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I dont see them trading coyle, even if they fall out of contention. I think that’s a piece they want to hold on to. I would be looking at Staal because I think that’s a more realistic piece they Minnesota would be parting with if they fall in the standings....

I'm pretty sure Staal is a UFA at the end of the season so any move for him would potentially be a rental...

Fantasy: Potential unrestricted free agents in 2019

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

All the Coyle speculation came from an article Joe McDonald posted in the Athletic about a month ago. With Patrice Bergeron out, Bruins weighing a trade. But they...
I don't know if there's any validity to that speculation or not.

There's a few more out there talking about the Kings trying to rebuild and possibly shopping Toffoli and Carter. Here's the Carter link.
If Bruins seek to bolster center depth, a trade for Jeff...

I like Jeff Carter, and if he was about 2 years younger I'd consider it, but the age issue concerns me.

I still think if a center is the goal, Anisimov with Chicago is the guy to target. I know he's out with a concussion right now, but I can wait a few weeks. Could probably get him for a reasonable price.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Right shot RW.
A need but not at the cost of a grade A prospect.
Colby Cave? Sure.
Ryan Donato?
No thanks.

I'd be willing to give up one of the kids(non DeBrusk) for Coyle.

Marchand- Pasta
DeBrusk- Coyle
could set the top6 W for some years moving forward.

Just zero value players can't be on the table, always.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'd be willing to give up one of the kids(non DeBrusk) for Coyle.

Marchand- Pasta
DeBrusk- Coyle
could set the top6 W for some years moving forward.

Just zero value players can't be on the table, always.

He's a 16 Goals per 82 games played player. And Minny is apparently looking to deal him, at age 26. Why/How could he "set up the top 6 W for some time"? Shouldn't Heinen, Donato, Senyshyn, et al be relied on for more production than that???

Reactions: veganbruin

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bruins could move some players when some of the rookies step up or injured players return.
Noel Acciari- 25 games = 1 point
Steven Kampfer 19 games- 1 point
Chris Wagner 28 games- 3 points
Shaun Kuraly 30 games- 4 points
Joakim Nordstrom 30 games- 5 points
Gemel Smith 3 games- 0 points ( likely back on waivers)

Looks like Coby Cave is staying. 10 games - 2 points ( no longer waiver exempt)

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Have you seen a lot of his play this season..? Cause this is the exact opposite of what I've read from people who see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->