Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
All the Coyle speculation came from an article Joe McDonald posted in the Athletic about a month ago. With Patrice Bergeron out, Bruins weighing a trade. But they...
I don't know if there's any validity to that speculation or not.

There's a few more out there talking about the Kings trying to rebuild and possibly shopping Toffoli and Carter. Here's the Carter link.
If Bruins seek to bolster center depth, a trade for Jeff...

I like Jeff Carter, and if he was about 2 years younger I'd consider it, but the age issue concerns me.

I still think if a center is the goal, Anisimov with Chicago is the guy to target. I know he's out with a concussion right now, but I can wait a few weeks. Could probably get him for a reasonable price.

There has been more recent reports from Pierre LeBrun and a corroborating report from Matt Kalman. It's not just months-old speculation.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Bruins could move some players when some of the rookies step up or injured players return.
Noel Acciari- 25 games = 1 point
Steven Kampfer 19 games- 1 point
Chris Wagner 28 games- 3 points
Shaun Kuraly 30 games- 4 points
Joakim Nordstrom 30 games- 5 points
Gemel Smith 3 games- 0 points ( likely back on waivers)

Looks like Coby Cave is staying. 10 games - 2 points ( no longer waiver exempt)

Three and out with this guy huh? I like what he's brought thus far. Maybe it is short lived but I don't see it right now. He's helped bring life to that fourth line. And take Acciari out of the lineup.

I dont like that Kuraly is on this list either outside of yes the numbers arent there.. For a fourth liner.

Hes a second year center in the NHL with a 51% at the dot thus far. His game hasn't been all bad. And I think people may forget the second year part. I know I do.

Also I didn't know that about Cave. Thank you for pointing that out. Its good to know

Reactions: Strafer

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Did you watch any of the pre season games?
Yeah I did. He looked ok. A little overwhelmed playing with some big boys. He wasn't the only one though. Not to mention he was/is 19.

So are you saying that's all you've seen from him and you've made your assessment? Cause I don't think that's fair. But your opinion is yours of course.

From what I'm reading I'm excited to see what he brings to next camp.

My OP was a serious question btw.

Reactions: maxl7

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Yeah I did. He looked ok. A little overwhelmed playing with some big boys. He wasn't the only one though. Not to mention he was/is 19.

So are you saying that's all you've seen from him and you've made your assessment? Cause I don't think that's fair. But your opinion is yours of course.

From what I'm reading I'm excited to see what he brings to next camp.

I'll admit, I wasn't overly-impressed with Studnicka in preseason and thought he looked slow. I haven't watched a frame of him in Juniors though so for all I know it could totally just have been that he was playing in a faster-paced game than he's used to and his positioning wasn't as good, therefore making him look slower. Really looking forward to seeing what he brings next year.

Reactions: rocketdan9

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Two new trade options for help down the middle in Boston!

"Boston’s been linked to Coyle. If he’s not the guy, wonder if someone like Jeff Carter would fit the Bruins. They’ve also been linked to Kevin Hayes , but will have competition. Another possibility for the Ranger centre? Colorado. He’s exactly what they need."

Will they take Backes in return? 34 years old in 2 weeks, having a career worst season, and signed for 4 more years after this one. Gee, all this can be yours for the low low price of young talent and picks

Carter is a potential cap killer contract long term. I am sure he is still good enough to contribute in Boston right now, but that contract is going to make Backes look good within a year or two

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
With Klefbom going on the IR, imsure trade talks will start heating up again involving the Bruins.

Klefbom will be hard too replace , he's by far their best d-man and logs between 23-3o minutes a game.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's a 16 Goals per 82 games played player. And Minny is apparently looking to deal him, at age 26. Why/How could he "set up the top 6 W for some time"? Shouldn't Heinen, Donato, Senyshyn, et al be relied on for more production than that???

He's had a 56 point season and is +40 point(pace) player who adds size/RH shot.

He's not elite, but he's better than the kids right now and likely better as a #2Rw in the near future as well. He wouldn't be asked to carry the offense, just be the #6 forward and allow kids to develop in the bottom6 with less pressure and not constantly throwing them around.

His price shouldn't be too high which would leave Sweeney the assets& the time to focus on re-building the center group like he has done with the defense.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Noel Acciari
Chris Wagner
Shaun Kuraly
Joakim Nordstrom
Gemel Smith
Lots of extra bodies.

All of these players have small contracts but added together they are paid $5.0 million in cap space.
Bruins have approx. $3.0 in cap space. They are in a good position to make a move.
With Bjork or Senyshyn possibility filling another spot it will be interesting.

Marchand Bergy Pasta
DeBrusk Krejci ?
Donato JFK Heinen
? Cave Backes

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Crazy to think that a guy who has scored 30+ for four years straight could actually be undervalued right now.

I'd give up A LOT to get Tarasenko on the Bruins. I don't think he has ever played with a playmaker as good as Krejci (Stastny maybe?) and on a $7M cap hit could actually be an underpayment for what he could be.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Tarasenko would be a great winger for Krejci. I love DeBrusk, but if he had to be the main piece in a deal for Tarasenko I think the Bruins have to do it.

Reactions: sarge88

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
With Klefbom going on the IR, imsure trade talks will start heating up again involving the Bruins.

Klefbom will be hard too replace , he's by far their best d-man and logs between 23-3o minutes a game.

For talks to heat up AGAIN, they would have had to take place to begin with. Don’t think it ever happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad