Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Sorry, but when you're new d-partner goes from a +22 on his career to a -15 in 29 games its a red flag. Giordano on the other hand went from an even player to a +16 on the season...I wonder what these two guys have in common....OH OH OH, Hamilton!

The kid is flat out overrated and Carolina will probably move him after next year.

Issues in Boston
Issues in Calgary
Carolina....TBD

3 would make a trend ;)

As far as Spooner goes, I agree I can't see them re-acquiring him.

Statisticians everywhere weep.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If you were the B’s (or CLS) would you consider a Bobrovsky for Rask swap? The word is that the relationship is not good and he’s not likely to re-sign. That could change obviously.

Rask will be 32 in March, while Bob just turned 30 in September. Tuukka is signed for two more seasons after this year at $7m and Bob is a FA. This year Rask (2.50/.917) is outperforming Bob (3.14/.898), but you have to wonder how much the contract situation is affecting him.

Obviously, for the B’s to make the deal, they would have to re-up Bob, and he may want to check out the market.

Just spitballing here.
Personally no. I know the goalie isn't always to blame, but Bob has AWFUL playoff stats.

I think you keep Rask until his contract is up. At that point you hope Vladar (or the other two G prospects) is ready or you sign Rask for a few more years, but Bobrovsky is going to be paid more than Rask IMO and for longer, despite the down year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Personally no. I know the goalie isn't always to blame, but Bob has AWFUL playoff stats.

I think you keep Rask until his contract is up. At that point you hope Vladar (or the other two G prospects) is ready or you sign Rask for a few more years, but Bobrovsky is going to be paid more than Rask IMO and for longer, despite the down year.

Some team (Philly?) is going to go overboard if Bobrovsky makes it to July 1. 7 years, probably 9 million+ per year. And whatever team does it, will live to regret it.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think that, because Dougie is big, people think they're getting a two-way top4 guy like a Pietrangelo when really they are getting more of a one-way guy with defensive holes.

Remember, Hamilton was a converted forward, he still retreats back to his own zone facing his own goalie, blind to the play behind him. And it appears he's not that coachable because that's something you should be able to correct but I still see him doing it.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Some team (Philly?) is going to go overboard if Bobrovsky makes it to July 1. 7 years, probably 9 million+ per year. And whatever team does it, will live to regret it.

Agreed. Bob is one of, if not the best goalies in the world right now, but that's absolutely one position you don't overpay on.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If you were the B’s (or CLS) would you consider a Bobrovsky for Rask swap? The word is that the relationship is not good and he’s not likely to re-sign. That could change obviously.

Rask will be 32 in March, while Bob just turned 30 in September. Tuukka is signed for two more seasons after this year at $7m and Bob is a FA. This year Rask (2.50/.917) is outperforming Bob (3.14/.898), but you have to wonder how much the contract situation is affecting him.

Obviously, for the B’s to make the deal, they would have to re-up Bob, and he may want to check out the market.

Just spitballing here.

I'm someone who has thought for a few years now that Rask has lost his edge (although he's been much better since his sabbatical), so I'd be open to moving him.

That said, I wouldn't want to spend the money and term it would take to keep Bob. He's 30 and a UFA, so you'd have to commit to signing him through his mid-30's, where most players decline. It also could be that the decline has already started. He's gone from a .931 two years ago to a .921 last year to a .900 this year. I'd stay away.

Reactions: Strafer

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Spectors rumors said Rouso stated that the Wild might also be shopping Nino N. Although he's a LH shot he plays RW. Wonder if we could get both Coyle and him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

It would be an overpay, yep, but you mention Philly- that would be one team for Bob would be worth the price. They haven't had a decent goalie in years. A friend at work who is a huge Flyers fan was crying about just the other day- he actually said the last good goalie they had was Bernie Parent :laugh: Might be an exaggeration, of course, but that team could go places with a reliable goalie.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
It would be an overpay, yep, but you mention Philly- that would be one team for Bob would be worth the price. They haven't had a decent goalie in years. A friend at work who is a huge Flyers fan was crying about just the other day- he actually said the last good goalie they had was Bernie Parent :laugh: Might be an exaggeration, of course, but that team could go places with a reliable goalie.

Hextall and Lindberg (RIP)

But yeah, point well taken.

And Bobrovsky, haha.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017

The last good goalie they had was Bobrovsky.

:laugh:

Reactions: Dr Hook

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

It'll be a bidding war for his services between the Flyers and Islanders. Flyers will likely be banking on Hart (not the trophy) for next year, therefore Islanders win.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't know why, but I feel like Coyle would be a letdown. Like he's going to score 35 points, and not be physical, and there will be complaints about overpaying for "bottom 6 guys."

I don't see a deal here- Coyle is someone you pick up as a free agent and not overpay for and he looks good. In a trade, he doesn't really give us more than we already have, so why bother?

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Not possible.

Exactly this. Free agency is for patching small holes.

For big contracts, you're almost always overpaying by definition because you're paying more/giving more term than anyone else is willing or able to.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not possible.

Okay point taken :) I should have said this: He is someone you get as a free agent not trade for when he doesn't give us more than we already have- it would be a waste of trade assets (though I hate to use the terms pieces and assets for human beings).

Reactions: Dom - OHL

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Any chance Schmaltz is available again? lol

Reminds me of marchand...a dangerous offensive threat

Bruins need to add a player like this for the 2nd line

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
if the Bruins are going to go after a rental (not ideal but to salvage the season)

Zucarello would be a fine pickup as long as he doesn't cost too much (and no 1st round pick) - probably a 2nd round pick and two prospects. He becomes a UFA after this season, high chance he gets traded as the Rangers are on a rebuild

I predict Krejci and Zuca would have instant chemistryt..... Zuca is similar to marchand (overall skillset)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Just spitballing here.
Why would you do this? Do you think that Bobrovsky is a better goaltender? If it's just simply to get a guy two years younger it's a waste of $$ IMO.

Reactions: rocketdan9

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

It's pretty amazing how long it's been since they really had great goaltending. I remember back in the 90s it was Joseph and Vanbiesbrouck UFA the same summer. Philly were always a major player then whenever stars became available. I figured Joseph would be their guy, but they ended up with the Beezer and it didn't really work out all that well.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Get Bergeron DeBrusk Miller & Chara back

Stay healthy

No deals needed

Sweep Leafs in round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad