Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Zucc is not the answer. A small LH winger on the wrong side of 30. We give us assests it better be for a player we can work with after this year instead of a rental. We should have learned that with Rick Nash, though he may of signed here if he was still playing.

Coyle makes more sense. Right shot, 26, big body, plays center and wing, and won't cost nearly as much to resign when the time comes, unless he explodes. We need to stop patching and start fixing.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Coyle does not do anything for this team. He's not a Center in Minny, who are looking for a Center, why would he plug in as the #3 guy here?
He's a big body but he's softer than Jimmy Hayes. Pass
Carter(40% retained) +Toffoli+Muzzin for
Krug +Bjork +Celharik+ Zboril (I had JFK in here but not sure if that's over payment or just way off with the whole thing)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Zucc is not the answer. A small LH winger on the wrong side of 30. We give us assests it better be for a player we can work with after this year instead of a rental. We should have learned that with Rick Nash, though he may of signed here if he was still playing.

Coyle makes more sense. Right shot, 26, big body, plays center and wing, and won't cost nearly as much to resign when the time comes, unless he explodes. We need to stop patching and start fixing.

I'd be curious to know why is P/GP is also the lowest its been in 6 years and why is Gv/Tk ratio is a negative for the first time in his career.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Coyle would be a very good fit here, he can play both center/wing, has size and skill, and if you put him with good players he will produce.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
This has always been an issue for me.

Where he is from should have no bearing on anything.

Oh I agree and I don't think it would have any bearing on trade value or decision - just a point of interest. If he did do well here it could be a point in resigning him or contracts. But certainly has no bearing on the matter at hand.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Krug +Bjork +Celharik+ Zboril (I had JFK in here but not sure if that's over payment or just way off with the whole thing)

LA doesn't touch that deal, not to mention with them retaining?

Lot's of good pieces going out for them with Krug, and a ton of question marks coming back in. You're trading 3 prospects with minimal value because of underperformance in Bjork, a 1st rounder who 3 years later has played 1 NHL game in Zboril, and a guy in Cehlarik, who while he has skill and has a following on this board, has really nothing trade wise to offer.

No picks going back either?

I think you're way off the mark here.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Backes from Minnesota and Coyle from MA?

If were going after Massachusetts born players. I say lets aim high and bring in Eichel or Kreider.

I mean the Bruins right or wrong. They do have a knack of bringing them home....J.Craig, K.Stevens, Guerin, McEachern, Bobby Carpenter, Tom Fitzgerald, Leach, Nilan, T.Sweeney and recently Chris Wagner. This isn't even counting the guys they drafted.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
LA doesn't touch that deal, not to mention with them retaining?

Lot's of good pieces going out for them with Krug, and a ton of question marks coming back in. You're trading 3 prospects with minimal value because of underperformance in Bjork, a 1st rounder who 3 years later has played 1 NHL game in Zboril, and a guy in Cehlarik, who while he has skill and has a following on this board, has really nothing trade wise to offer.

No picks going back either?

I think you're way off the mark here.

Yeah that's fair! I just thought if they wanted a quick rebuild, guys like Zboril Bjork Celharik could make the jump sooner than later, Krug would be a great partner with Doughty and itd also give them financial flexibility to grab a top 6 forward in free agency. What would the Bruins need to add to make this more fair in your opinion?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coyle is NOT soft. He doesn't go for big blow up hits, but he's 23o lbs. of muscle that finishes checks, rubs out other players at will, and will take a hit to make a play, which is a very underrated ability. There is nowhere on the ice he won't go, and I've never seen him back down from anyone. He has his faults, but I occasionally hear about him being "soft", and wonder WTH people are talking about.
He doesn't fight, or when he does, it turns into a wrestling match. Other than that, he is a very physical player. Tough to play against. Just doesn't do the cheap stuff like elbows to the head and cross checks to the back. If that makes him soft, then...

I say this as a guy who has watched about 90% of his games as a pro.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If acquiring Coyle in any way effects our ability to acquire a real top 6 forward, then count me out. If the supposed pursuit of a top 6 forward is still on in earnest regardless, then sure, I'd take a shot on Coyle. Can't be much worse than the other bottom 6 center options.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Yeah that's fair! I just thought if they wanted a quick rebuild, guys like Zboril Bjork Celharik could make the jump sooner than later, Krug would be a great partner with Doughty and itd also give them financial flexibility to grab a top 6 forward in free agency. What would the Bruins need to add to make this more fair in your opinion?
I will say LA does shed a lot of salary in that deal so from that perspective it makes some sense, even with krug's salary going back they net around 5 million in space for next year, which they definitely could use.

If I was LA and was trying to offload pieces for a quick rebuild, I'd have all 3 of those guys in seperate deals.

In a perfect world LA would unload Brown and Phaneuf, but I don't see anyone touching those players.

In terms of putting a deal together, I'm not great at that. But I'd guess Carter & Toffoli each net them some picks and an NHL ready forward on an ELC or cheap RFA deal.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Coyle does not do anything for this team. He's not a Center in Minny, who are looking for a Center, why would he plug in as the #3 guy here?
He's a big body but he's softer than Jimmy Hayes. Pass

This is wrong.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Coyle for JFK + pick seems like something that could happen? Maybe I'm wrong..

I would totally do that. I like JFK, but with Frederic and Studnicka behind him (also Cave).... I think they can afford to lose a prospect. Can't hold on to everyone forever... I say the same thing with Donato, Bjork, Heinen, Cehlarik etc. There's a glut of left shot wingers at similar stage of their career (also LHD). Can't possibly find room for everyone. They're in an ideal position to be buyers....

I also agree that Coyle can't be the big addition. He's more of a secondary piece.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I would totally do that. I like JFK, but with Frederic and Studnicka behind him (also Cave).... I think they can afford to lose a prospect. Can't hold on to everyone forever... I say the same thing with Donato, Bjork, Heinen, Cehlarik etc. There's a glut of left shot wingers at similar stage of their career (also LHD). Can't possibly find room for everyone. They're in an ideal position to be buyers....

I also agree that Coyle can't be the big addition. He's more of a secondary piece.

Half of Bruins fans disagree. Keep everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad