Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals VI - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They have lot of Russian's in the lineup/prospect pool these days, with his ex KHL linemate playing next to 23y Barkov who speaks Russian as well as Finnish.

Then add the weather+the city+ taxes+ how good you could expect them to be with free Panarin/+ Bob additions.
I believe even Kovy has a place there.

Good place for model girlfriends, too.

Reactions: BB88

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Good point and this is a very good thoughtout post with numbers to support it.I just do not feel like Bruins have 5 who stick right out as untradeable for a guy like this when you need help .Not saying I would trade the farm for him but this guy should be given serious consideration by Sweeney.

But we are renting him for 25 games, plus hopefully postseason.

Maybe there is a chance to keep him, maybe not. Do we commit to going 7/45 after that time

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Virtanen would be a nice piece to acquire (I'm all for it) but he's not going to fix the 2nd line.

I think he's a first move attempt for cheap (probably Heinen or one of the D prospects that Benning would know about. I'd also think Benning would take Khokhlachev's rights and try to bring him into Vancouver).

Reactions: Baddkarma

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yeah this is where I'm at with Dzingel. Nice player, could help this team, and I'd be willing to make an offer, but this is not an elite player, and no way would I be giving up anything close to a Nash type package (no #1, no top 5 prospects).

If you could get a deal done using a #2 and a second tier prospect (JFK maybe, maybe a Zboril if Boston has given up on him a bit), with maybe a conditional pick on top of that

No one here in Ottawa expects the Sens to get a 1st round pick for Dzingel.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think he's a first move attempt for cheap (probably Heinen or one of the D prospects that Benning would know about. I'd also think Benning would take Khokhlachev's rights and try to bring him into Vancouver).

For me, dealing Heinen for Virtanen is a rob Peter to pay Paul type move. I would like to see Heinen play with a bigger physical guy that likes to shoot.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
For me, dealing Heinen for Virtanen is a rob Peter to pay Paul type move. I would like to see Heinen play with a bigger physical guy that likes to shoot.

I think it is a bit early to be giving up on Heinen.Its not him bothering me its the Nordstroms and Acciari's that surround him throughout the lineup...The idea for me should be finding higher end talent for 2nd line per say with the idea being Heinen forces them types out below thus making Bruins more skilled throughout roster.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

He is a type of player Boston lacks. A skilled, physical winger with some decent wheels. Get him and find a spot. I would see what he looks like next to 46, buut if slots at 3RW that cool as well.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
As an addendum to this thread, I ask the board what the goal for this season is

Cup or bust?
2nd round?
Just make the playoffs?
Maximize future chances at cups by stockpiling assets?

I think there's some gray area in there that's not on your list of choices. I mean, my goal for this season is for them to keep moving forward. I want them to use this deadline to improve the team for right now and in the immediate future. For the first time in a long time the deadline is a buyer's market. There are quality players in their prime available. Don't waste that because you're not a "cup favorite." The key for me is that they target guys who will be here beyond 1 playoffs. If they do that and lose in the first round well... that's hockey. We'll still be in a good position to take another run next year.

Reactions: wintersej

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He is a type of player Boston lacks. A skilled, physical winger with some decent wheels. Get him and find a spot. I would see what he looks like next to 46, buut if slots at 3RW that cool as well.

The grass is always greener.

Virtanen has been unable to beat out the immortal Markus Granlund in order to play next to Horvat on the 2nd line in VAN, a team that’s worse than the B’s.

I don’t think he’s a 2nd line RW at this point.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I honestly believe a lot depends on what the B’s FO actually thinks of this team. If they don’t believe they can go deep by adding a player or two, they won’t.

Well they built it.What the heck was the plan then ? 50 games in and the scoring issue still present.Cassidy comments last nite seem directed at management.Its getting ugly losing 5 of last 6 with Capitals next

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think there's some gray area in there that's not on your list of choices. I mean, my goal for this season is for them to keep moving forward. I want them to use this deadline to improve the team for right now and in the immediate future. For the first time in a long time the deadline is a buyer's market. There are quality players in their prime available. Don't waste that because you're not a "cup favorite." The key for me is that they target guys who will be here beyond 1 playoffs. If they do that and lose in the first round well... that's hockey. We'll still be in a good position to take another run next year.

Agreed. What I don't want is for them to go out and pay a premium for Simmonds or something. They are NOT in the "screw it, we are going for it" window.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad