Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals VI - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This is a hard place to please. It's Panarin, Stone or bust here.

I have no problem with Dzingle. Of all the guys available, he's the one that would be most attractive to re-sign. And you get a chance to see if he fits before you commit the $.

I don't think its a hard place in here, its just the reality that a guy like Dzingel doesn't move for a push this year. If I'm not pushing for this year, why bother giving up an asset for a guy whose a UFA that I can sign in the off-season while retaining my assets and using them for something else?

Reactions: Trizz617 and maxl7

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think it's because the Bruins are still playing catch-up to Tampa and the Leafs in terms of roster quality. A decent middle-six option doesn't seem like it will tip the scales all that much. You probably need another game-breaker to play when the first line is off the ice.

For as much as you and I disagree on stuff, this is one thing were we are 100% on the same page.

Reactions: maxl7

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Sorry, but its a giant red flag to me when a player goes from career averages that put him at a 17G/18A player over 82 games, to a guy whose 82g OPT puts him at 34G/30A and oh it just so happens to be a contract year for the guy.

That's exactly my point. Why are you letting an in-person viewing of the guy sway your opinion either way? We all know this season is a huge outlier for him.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think those are great dividends. The alternative was cap hell. I'm not really sure it's fair to break down Senyshyn, Zboril and Debrusk separately either. We have no idea which one the Bruins would have taken if they only had one pick (my guess is that it would have been Zboril, given the D situation at the time). So you could probably add Debrusk to that list.

If they had just one pick (there own at #14), if he was available it's Zboril, if not it was Debrusk. Remember now in between each pick teams can still contact the Bruins to make deals. So they were taking the guys they wanted in the order of preference. It would be moronic to not take them in order of preference. So I'm not adding Debrusk to that list, because we don't know if Zboril would of been there at #14.

The "cap hell" stuff was grossly exaggerated. Lucic was off the books in a year anyways (and they still pick up a sizable portion of his final year). They wanted to keep Hamilton (hence the contract offer his agent never replied to) but Hamilton alleviated their "cap hell" situation essentially the minute he decided he was done in Boston.

Long-term these deals might end up paying big dividends, I'm not disputing that.

But short-term they have done very little to help the Bruins win hockey games in the now 3 seasons and 5/8s of another since those deals were made. I said it at the time that Sweeney made a mistake not getting at least one decent player (so Top 9 F or Top 4 D-man) in either deal for a team trying to stay competitive. Even one solid player would of helped then and now.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I don't think its a hard place in here, its just the reality that a guy like Dzingel doesn't move for a push this year. If I'm not pushing for this year, why bother giving up an asset for a guy whose a UFA that I can sign in the off-season while retaining my assets and using them for something else?

I think I explained why pretty clearly. There's value in getting a guy on the team and seeing if he fits before you commit to paying him. You might get him cheaper too.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
cut.jpg

Disagree. Dzingel and Belesky are different players. Belesky was always a 3rd line banger. Dzingel is more of a scorer.

PPG prior to free agency
Belesky:
09-10: 0.30
10-11: 0.29
11-12: 0.21
12-13: 0.30
13-14: 0.44
14-15: 0.49

Dzingel:
15-16: 0.30
16-17: 0.40
17-18: 0.52
18-19: 0.79

Dzingel is already a two time 20 goal scorer. Belesky had one in his contract year (22) and it was a huge outlier. Dzingel is a different & better player.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If they had just one pick (there own at #14), if he was available it's Zboril, if not it was Debrusk. Remember now in between each pick teams can still contact the Bruins to make deals. So they were taking the guys they wanted in the order of preference. It would be moronic to not take them in order of preference. So I'm not adding Debrusk to that list, because we don't know if Zboril would of been there at #14.

The "cap hell" stuff was grossly exaggerated. Lucic was off the books in a year anyways (and they still pick up a sizable portion of his final year). They wanted to keep Hamilton (hence the contract offer his agent never replied to) but Hamilton alleviated their "cap hell" situation essentially the minute he decided he was done in Boston.

Long-term these deals might end up paying big dividends, I'm not disputing that.

But short-term they have done very little to help the Bruins win hockey games in the now 3 seasons and 5/8s of another since those deals were made. I said it at the time that Sweeney made a mistake not getting at least one decent player (so Top 9 F or Top 4 D-man) in either deal for a team trying to stay competitive. Even one solid player would of helped then and now.

Really? I don't buy that.

But your reasoning still makes no sense. Debrusk was the 2nd guy they picked of the 3. So one of those two picks they added has to be him (by your logic that they're ranked).

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think I explained why pretty clearly. There's value in getting a guy on the team and seeing if he fits before you commit to paying him. You might get him cheaper too.

You're not going to get him cheaper lol. His agent isn't dumb, he's going to have him cash in while his value is sky high.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I would try and snag Duchene/Stone + Dzingel, this basically solves our problems up front, the question is who do we send out? I'm going to assume that the trade involves Stone/Duchene agreeing to sign an extension. I would say they'd be asking for a combination of the following:
Vaak or Lauzon
Heinen/Donato/Bjork/Celharik/Senyshyn
1st round pick 2019
2nd round pick 2020
Nordstrom/Acciari (cap reasons)

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think the people pushing for Panarin and Stone are asking for too much.

The Bruins don't need a 1st line player. The powerplay is #2 in the league so whoever comes in isn't going to add that much there.

What they need is a guy who can compliment Debrusk and Krejci. I'm ok with Dzingle, Zucarello, Silverberg or Nyqvist. I'm not really interested in Simmonds. If the Bruins want a guy they have a chance to re-sign, Dzingle is the youngest and he's having the best season.

Reactions: Bodit9

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Are you really giving up on Cehlarik?

Leave him where he is for February

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Nothing like Beleskey.

Same age. Same progression of rate stats. Finally got to play with top talent and had his production explode. You are totally wrong here. Book it.

Now, its TOTALLY possible that Dzingel doesn't get hurt. And continues a positive progression. But it was just as likely with Beleskey.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Now that Brassard is in Florida maybe he can be had for the 3c position. Only a 3m cap hit thanks to Vegas. Grab Brassard and maybe one other middle six player and this team's odds improve, IMO.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
What do we think the Sens would want for Dzingel? JFK and pick?

Fans always want picks or flash prospects.

But Dorion is a really well-regarded talent evaluator. He's going to want NHL-ready players and that's something the Bruins have. The thing is, if he likes a guy, he's usually right. All the guys he picked up for Karlsson are looking pretty good.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Now that Brassard is in Florida maybe he can be had for the 3c position. Only a 3m cap hit thanks to Vegas. Grab Brassard and maybe one other middle six player and this team's odds improve, IMO.

everything i've seen/heard about him not fitting in with Pittsburgh is because he was the 3C. Do we think it'll be a different result here?

Reactions: Strafer

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
What do we think the Sens would want for Dzingel? JFK and pick?

Dzingel shouldn't command much. I have seen alot of him over the last few years and he doesn't have a great shot. He has trouble burying open chances and that has been the knock against him. He has manufactured goals from his speed and his effort. He is also another Left Handed LW which is not what we need.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Same age. Same progression of rate stats. Finally got to play with top talent and had his production explode. You are totally wrong here. Book it.

Now, its TOTALLY possible that Dzingel doesn't get hurt. And continues a positive progression. But it was just as likely with Beleskey.

It's a dumb comparison. Belesky isn't in the NHL because he can't skate. Dzingle is a lightning bolt.

Reactions: Bodit9

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Dzingel shouldn't command much. I have seen alot of him over the last few years and he doesn't have a great shot. He has trouble burying open chances and that has been the knock against him. He has manufactured goals from his speed and his effort. He is also another Left Handed LW which is not what we need.

Seems like an ok shot to me, not a lot of garbage goals there. No problem finding the top corner from the high slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany