Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals VI - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Gonna be brutally honest. Nyquist would not be enough to help the second line. He would be a consolation prize pick-up and not a solution IMO.
That could be - however - if the B's are looking at Panarin - what would they have to give up in return, and would they be willing to do so if he turns out only to be a rental?

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I really think they thought at least one of the kids would over perform but that has not happened . So for DS to trade his first round pick away with this team is not smart. I also like to see the bruins be busy in FA this off season and add a couple pieces. the Bruins should sell if the right offer was put in front of them

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
That could be - however - if the B's are looking at Panarin - what would they have to give up in return, and would they be willing to do so if he turns out only to be a rental?
I doubt the B's are looking at too many rentals, DS already said he wants to trade for players with term, I could see them adding a rental as the secondary trade after acquiring their top 6 guy they want with term.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
From about 2009-2013 it was pretty well acknowledged that the three best teams were Chicago, LA and Boston.

Of the three, only one is on playoff position today. Heck only one of them is NOT in last place on their division.

Boston took a bit of a step back in 2015 when they traded Hamilton, Boychuk and Lucic but it's paying dividends now. Much better cap situation now than either of those two teams too. But that 2nd Cup would have been nice.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
From about 2009-2013 it was pretty well acknowledged that the three best teams were Chicago, LA and Boston.

Of the three, only one is on playoff position today. Heck only one of them is NOT in last place on their division.

You could look at in another way too.

Even disregarding that both LA and Chicago won 1 cup each post-2013, the Kings have the same number of playoff DNQs as the Bruins do in the same time frame (2), and the Hawks have only missed once.

Granted both will likely add to that number this year, but at this stage so could the Bruins.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
#3 C isn't a longterm problem, with there I agree.

Right now the #2Rw looks like a longterm problem, and soon 3rd line C problem could upgrade to top6C problem as Bergeron/Krejci age.

If Senyshyn pans out and becomes a 20-goal scoring winger, then that problem is effectively solved. Still, I would love to see Boston land Mark Stone (probably as a free agent signing), which would enable Senyshyn to become the third-line RW, with less pressure on him and where he could potentially thrive.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
If Senyshyn pans out and becomes a 20-goal scoring winger, then that problem is effectively solved. Still, I would love to see Boston land Mark Stone (probably as a free agent signing), which would enable Senyshyn to become the third-line RW, with less pressure on him and where he could potentially thrive.
The absolute best case scenario for the Rw position.

Reactions: SPV and Estlin

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Dreger: Bruins looking to add up front

“Yeah, or before, right,” replied Dreger. “Boston is definitely thinking that they’ve got to add up front. They’d like to add a center. If they can’t find that piece, whoever it might be - Matt Duchene, if he’s available - then maybe they look to a right-winger. I think they’ve got interest in Toffoli. My understanding is Boston is going to heavily scout tonight’s Senators-Pittsburgh game, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they make a play on Ryan Dzingel.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Darren Dreger had a Friday morning radio hit on Buffalo’s WGR 550.

The Insider was asked if he thought the Bruins would do anything before the February 25 deadline.

“Yeah, or before, right,” replied Dreger. “Boston is definitely thinking that they’ve got to add up front. They’d like to add a center. If they can’t find that piece, whoever it might be - Matt Duchene, if he’s available - then maybe they look to a right-winger. I think they’ve got interest in Toffoli. My understanding is Boston is going to heavily scout tonight’s Senators-Pittsburgh game, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they make a play on Ryan Dzingel.

“But I don’t doubt for a second that the Boston Bruins are - look, it’s an arms race in the East, right. They’re a very good team, but for the most part they’re a one-line team. They need secondary scoring there as well to compete with Tampa Bay and to some degree Toronto.

“So I can’t imagine Don Sweeney won’t do something.”

Dreger: Bruins looking to add up front

Reactions: Absurdity

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
If they are scouting the Sens, here's hoping they are making a play on Mark Stone! Dzingel would be cool, as a consolation prize.

The thing that I find funny is the idea of scouting individual players who have been in the league for quite a while. You *KNOW* what Mark Stone is. You *KNOW* what Duchene is. Hell, you even *KNOW* what Dzingel is. What is there to scout? Not to mention the hundreds of hours of easily accessible and reviewable game tape, and the mountains of data you an pour through and analyze. Are you seriously going to let one (or even a handful of) in-person viewing(s) alter your perception of the player?

Kinda silly.

Anyways, Stone, Duchene or bust, in my opinion.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
The thing that I find funny is the idea of scouting individual players who have been in the league for quite a while. You *KNOW* what Mark Stone is. You *KNOW* what Duchene is. Hell, you even *KNOW* what Dzingel is. What is there to scout? Not to mention the hundreds of hours of easily accessible and reviewable game tape, and the mountains of data you an pour through and analyze. Are you seriously going to let one (or even a handful of) in-person viewing(s) alter your perception of the player?

Kinda silly.

You're spot on actually...lol. Being that the Sens are a friggin division rival, the B's brass should already be privy to these players attributes, etc.

Reactions: Strafer and maxl7

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I was really hoping Simmonds was still somewhat effective. He was a complete non-factor last night.

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Kinda silly.

Do you really "know" what Dzingel is? Is seems to be having a breakout year, so which Dzingel is the real Dzingel?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Boston took a bit of a step back in 2015 when they traded Hamilton, Boychuk and Lucic but it's paying dividends now. Much better cap situation now than either of those two teams too. But that 2nd Cup would have been nice.

Have those deals really paid that much dividends?

Boychuk gave them Carlo (200 GP) but the other pick went to TB for the non-tendered Connolly (76 GP).

Lucic translated into the expansion casualty Colin Miller (103 GP), a 4th line C in Sean Kuraly (133 games), and two prospects with a combined 4 games in the NHL (Frederic and Zboril).

Hamilton right now has resulted in three prospects with a combined 44 NHL games (JFK 29, Lauzon 15, Senyshyn 0).

So here we are 4 1/3 years since Boychuk was dealt, and 3 and 2/3 years since Hamilton and Lucic.

And they have just 560 man-games since to show for those 3 traded players. Now factor in 379 games have passed since Boychuk was dealt and 297 since Lucic and Hamilton, what have the Bruins really gotten up to this point?

2 full-time skaters on a 18-skater line-up give or take?

Now these could easily look like fantastic moves further down the road, but right now the jury is still out on the return Sweeney got for Lucic and Hamilton. I wonder if he knew at the time he would have so little to show in terms of actual NHL contribution for those two deals here almost 4 years later would he still make those moves? I'm going to say no.

Reactions: Coach Parker

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Do you really "know" what Dzingel is? Is seems to be having a breakout year, so which Dzingel is the real Dzingel?

What does watching him in person tell you that you couldn't otherwise glean from his statistical and video history? That he can play well with Duchene, like a zillion other players?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Whats it to Columbus to not have him as a rental? Why take a small package from an Eastern Conference playoff team?

We aren't the team for Panarin. Paying him more than our first liners this summer might not work out well either. Love him as a player but there is no fit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad