Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I like cheap high draft pick young castaways. Crouse was given up by florida and now he's playing decent. Dylan strome dumped by Arizona and look at him in Chicago. Those are the best trades and pickups. They can set your team for years.

Florida didn't necessarily give up on Crouse. They received a high 2nd, a high 3rd, and 16.5 million in cap, and actual monetary relief over the course of 3 years (Dave Bolland). All that money/cap relief is arguably worth something like a late first.

So Arizona gave up a LOT to get Crouse. he has not necessarily broken out yet, but is only 21, and is improving some, and still probably has a chance to be a decent 2nd liner. I'm not sure I see any reason to believe he is available, and if Arizona were to consider moving him, I think he cost at a minimum one of the Bruins young wingers (or defenseman) and a pick.

Maybe something like Donato, Lauzon and a pick? trading for guys who aren't on the market usually means an overpay

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Florida didn't necessarily give up on Crouse. They received a high 2nd, a high 3rd, and 16.5 million in cap, and actual monetary relief over the course of 3 years (Dave Bolland). All that money/cap relief is arguably worth something like a late first.

So Arizona gave up a LOT to get Crouse. he has not necessarily broken out yet, but is only 21, and is improving some, and still probably has a chance to be a decent 2nd liner. I'm not sure I see any reason to believe he is available, and if Arizona were to consider moving him, I think he cost at a minimum one of the Bruins young wingers (or defenseman) and a pick.

Maybe something like Donato, Lauzon and a pick? trading for guys who aren't on the market usually means an overpay
I'm with you there but I'll tweak it a little and give up heinan and Bjork for Crouse . I like donato and don't wanna give up on him yet.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
How to Use the Forum (User Guide)

Uploading a Picture to a Post
There are a few different ways of uploading a picture to a post. To
upload a picture from the internet just click on the small tree picture

icon
. This will bring up a pop up where you can insert your link to your

image, then click on "Insert".

OR
To upload a picture from your computer click on "Upload a File" to the

right just below the post bit. This brings up a pop up where you can click
"Choose File" and browse your own computer for the picture you want.

Once uploaded you can choose whether the Thumbnail size or Full Image

in the post. Then click "Post Reply." Note that the picture will be

automatically resized to fit the post space if needed.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the pic GW! How is Thomas doing anyways?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not sure why everyone is talking about Simmonds like he's old. The guy is 30. Three years younger than Bergeron, 2 years younger than Krejci. Same age as Marchand.

It’s not so much the age itself as it is the age combined with his playing style. It almost never looks pretty in the 30s. That’s why there is such a premium on those guys when they are young. They are few and far between so they provide a very uncommon skill set, they are just usually beaten and broken by their early 30’s

Count me in on Datsyuk next year. Not gonna find a better 3C out there, even at his age

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Wasn’t best for the team among other things
I would have bet we could have had their 16th overall and the next years first witch was 3rd overall. And possibly there 2nd. I mean they gave up a 1st and 2nd for a unproven ahler why not two first and a second for Hamilton.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
2016 July market.

Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Okposo, Backes. Simmonds is another one waiting for his turn.

You don't sign a non elite declining player to a longterm deal at that age.
Glad you said it. Anyone who follows enough hockey would stay clear of a long term deals with those players unless your a desperate GM with certain people coughing down your throat.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxl7 and Blueston

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Yeah, I get it, but watch the Leafs pick him up and he scores a couple of OT playoff goals against us.

I actually think he’s going to be really good for someone in the playoffs. He’s not what he was but he’s still very good at what he does IMHO.

The problem is the cost to acquire him will probably be high enough that it makes you think the only way to get full value is to sign him, and signing him to a long term deal would be as risky as all those other names listed earlier.

But if the price to get him from Philly comes down I wouldn’t be opposed to renting him.

robert cormier

Oct 29, 2018
Trade : McAvoy, Donato , Heinen for Ekbland and McCann

Marchand Bergeron Krug
Celharick Kreci Pastrnak
DeBrusk McCann Backes ( J F K ) spare
Norstrom Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Moore Ekbland
Grzelcyk Miller ( Vaakanainen or

Ekbland 22 years old 6 ft 4 best d man power play man 10 at 15 goal a years

McCann good player harder two way players 22 years old left center or winger

Krug play with Bergeron and Marchand if not connect after many games trade Krug for a right Winger
good skate iq players good shot

Krug play for the power play or replace d man penality or injury during a game

Reactions: Strafer

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Trade : McAvoy, Donato , Heinen for Ekbland and McCann

Marchand Bergeron Krug
Celharick Kreci Pastrnak
DeBrusk McCann Backes ( J F K ) spare
Norstrom Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Moore Ekbland
Grzelcyk Miller ( Vaakanainen or

Ekbland 22 years old 6 ft 4 best d man power play man 10 at 15 goal a years

McCann good player harder two way players 22 years old left center or winger

Krug play with Bergeron and Marchand if not connect after many games trade Krug for a right Winger
good skate iq players good shot

Krug play for the power play or replace d man penality or injury during a game

And you're fired.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would have bet we could have had their 16th overall and the next years first witch was 3rd overall. And possibly there 2nd. I mean they gave up a 1st and 2nd for a unproven ahler why not two first and a second for Hamilton.
Zero.zero happening

The deal was the two picks they ended up trading for Griffin Reinhart (16 & 33) and the Montreal pick in second round they got for Petry 55?

Both deals were ballpark and Sweeney made the right move - the fix was in and he shit right on it

End result Chiarelli had already mentally committed to trading those picks so he was easy prey for the Islanders

He also mentally committed to Hamilton contract so he handed that to Sekera another bad bad move.

Sweeney basically unbeknownst got the ball rolling to the beginning of the end of Chiarelli and ironically it was at the beginning of his tenure

Those that want to live in Wonderland feel free those that want to know a little background there you go

Fact not opinion

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I saw a few posts suggesting pavel datsyuk and I don't see any :sarcasm:

am I missing something legit? is there talk hes coming back for a playoff run with someone?

ive got to admit if the price was reasonable {like conditional} than id probably get on board for some of this. but is this a real thing or someone just goofing around?
Breaking: Datsyuk's agent reveals his client could return to NHL!

Pavel Datsyuk’s agent is leaving the door open for his client to return to the NHL after spending the past three seasons back home in Russia. DanMilstein, who represents Datsyuk, told Russia’s Match that the 40-year-old veteran, whose KHL contract is set to expire, does not want to hang up the skates.

“I’ll tell you one thing, Pavel is not ready to finish hockey in the coming years,” Milstein said, via Google Translate . “So the decision is his - whether to leave for America, whether to play further in the KHL.”

One thing that might be different this time around for Datsyuk, who will turn 41 in July, is that his rights in the NHL are owed by the Arizona Coyotes until this summer. In July 2019, the veteran star player will be an unrestricted free agent and might be interested in giving the NHL another go

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not sure why everyone is talking about Simmonds like he's old. The guy is 30. Three years younger than Bergeron, 2 years younger than Krejci. Same age as Marchand.

Will be 31 in before the start of next season.

Giving him a long-term extension is flat out crazy. This is a young mans game now, especially at the forward position.

Case in point, there are only 17 forwards in the league now who are age 34 and older. And every one of them are well past their best before date:

Marleau
Thornton
Hendricks
Kunitz
Cullen
Williams
Kovalchuk
Koivu
Pominville
Vanek
Spezza
Steen
Filipula
Nielsen
Backes
Brodziak
McLeod

Some stupid GM will give Simmonds a contract offer this summer for 4/5/6/7 years and will live to regret it.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Will be 31 in before the start of next season.

Giving him a long-term extension is flat out crazy. This is a young mans game now, especially at the forward position.

Case in point, there are only 17 forwards in the league now who are age 34 and older. And every one of them are well past their best before date:

Marleau
Thornton
Hendricks
Kunitz
Cullen
Williams
Kovalchuk
Koivu
Pominville
Vanek
Spezza
Steen
Filipula
Nielsen
Backes
Brodziak
McLeod

Some stupid GM will give Simmonds a contract offer this summer for 4/5/6/7 years and will live to regret it.

Agreed...and gross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad