Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Jacobs has talked about this on several occasions. He has always stated or hinted to the small market in Quebec not being able to handle a franchise. Just does not see it as a profitable business. That is why he is pushing Houston.
We're thinking Coyotes down here in Houston. Sens should stay in Canada, either in downtown Ottawa or QC.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Not sure why everyone is talking about Simmonds like he's old. The guy is 30. Three years younger than Bergeron, 2 years younger than Krejci. Same age as Marchand.

Reactions: lopey

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If I were Sweeney, I wouldn't be having any discussion with the Oilers this season. Wait until they get a permanent GM.

The Oilers brass are going to want something back from the Bruins to recoup that second round pick (Studnicka) they had to give the B's as compensation to sign Chiarelli.
Maybe B's should just send Oil something out of shame for having had them pay to hire someone to destroy team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not sure why everyone is talking about Simmonds like he's old. The guy is 30. Three years younger than Bergeron, 2 years younger than Krejci. Same age as Marchand.

2016 July market.

Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Okposo, Backes. Simmonds is another one waiting for his turn.

You don't sign a non elite declining player to a longterm deal at that age.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
2016 July market.

Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Okposo, Backes. Simmonds is another one waiting for his turn.

You don't sign a non elite declining player to a longterm deal at that age.

Agreed, and I don`t see Simmonds or his agent open to signing a reasonable short term deal either, he`ll get paid and get term and IMO, the team who offers it to him will regret it sooner than later

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Agreed, and I don`t see Simmonds or his agent open to signing a reasonable short term deal either, he`ll get paid and get term and IMO, the team who offers it to him will regret it sooner than later

He's never made big money& this is his shot, and Gm's don't seem to think in July.

Reactions: maxl7

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

I think they are more suggesting hes a bit broken down?

theres a way that a normal person drives their car
and then theres my brother

not all 4 year old cars are driven equally

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I saw a few posts suggesting pavel datsyuk and I don't see any :sarcasm:

am I missing something legit? is there talk hes coming back for a playoff run with someone?

ive got to admit if the price was reasonable {like conditional} than id probably get on board for some of this. but is this a real thing or someone just goofing around?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
If I were Sweeney, I wouldn't be having any discussion with the Oilers this season. Wait until they get a permanent GM.

The Oilers brass are going to want something back from the Bruins to recoup that second round pick (Studnicka) they had to give the B's as compensation to sign Chiarelli.

captain jack for pete? that's almost as bad as bochenski for versteeg.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

7.5 cap hit is realatively nasty... but we are projecting to have a ton of room by deadline day. if we don't spend it on anyone else I would be game

deal Heinen and a pick {not a first unless he stays} to LA for carter... get LA to eat a bit of carters hit
deal someone like that swede d prospect we have in providence and a conditional pick for datsyuk

we hit the playoffs with
pastrnak/Bergeron/marchand {lets hope they are out of their funk}
chelarik/Krecji/debrusk {I choose to believe chelarik will earn this spot}
backes/carter/kuraly {maybe carter/chelarik would changes spots}
JFK/datsyuk/Donato {the kids get one hell of a babysitter for their first playoff run}
Wagner/Nordstrom {couple guys we can trust to inject energy into the lineup}

if carter performs for us... keep him next year too. if he sucks then theres a good chance he would retire like he threatened to do so anyhow. down the road I would expect LA would try to get him back because his retirement will screw them on recapture penalty

honestly I think this plan could allow us to have a fighting chance against tampa and the cost of acquisition isn't huge

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Do you have a "target of the day" wheel? It seems like every day you're in this thread clamoring for someone different.
I was on his bandwagon before he got hot . Go check messages from before I knew he was gonna wake up. Anyways since the rabbit out of the hat on that one id take a flyer on nikita scherbak. He might be a 20 goal guy in a year or 2 . He will cost next to nothing.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I was on his bandwagon before he got hot . Go check messages from before I knew he was gonna wake up. Anyways since the rabbit out of the hat on that one id take a flyer on nikita scherbak. He might be a 20 goal guy in a year or 2 . He will cost next to nothing.
My point is that you seem to have a really big pool of targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad