Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sorry if I missed this discussion already, but with EDM moving on from PC, do we try and see what the asking price for RNH would be?

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Sorry if I missed this discussion already, but with EDM moving on from PC, do we try and see what the asking price for RNH would be?

Who knows. But given that Bob Nicholson's presser was loaded with "lack of leadership" mentions, sure seems like they've learned nothing as an org and looking to be taken advantage of.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Pageau maybe small in stature but he plays big and has been a big time playoff warrior in the past

A playoff warrior against the also smurf like Habs, not against anybody else. If we seriously want to take a run against the likes of TB and Washington, we need more size, toughness and skill up front, thus the Schenn interest. Pageau and Dzingel will be disappearing acts against those teams.

Reactions: Strafer and lopey

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Here’s a guy I’d like at 3rd line center for a post season run

upload_2019-1-23_14-20-44.jpeg

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
A playoff warrior against the also smurf like Habs, not against anybody else. If we seriously want to take a run against the likes of TB and Washington, we need more size, toughness and skill up front, thus the Schenn interest. Pageau and Dzingel will be disappearing acts against those teams.

I agree with the fact that the Bruins need skill and toughness up front but too say Pageau would be a disappearing act come playoff time, couldn't be further from the truth.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Yeah, this is super helpful...sigh.

How to Use the Forum (User Guide)

Uploading a Picture to a Post
There are a few different ways of uploading a picture to a post. To
upload a picture from the internet just click on the small tree picture

icon
. This will bring up a pop up where you can insert your link to your

image, then click on "Insert".

OR
To upload a picture from your computer click on "Upload a File" to the

right just below the post bit. This brings up a pop up where you can click
"Choose File" and browse your own computer for the picture you want.

Once uploaded you can choose whether the Thumbnail size or Full Image

in the post. Then click "Post Reply." Note that the picture will be

automatically resized to fit the post space if needed.

giphy.gif

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
If we seriously want to take a run against the likes of TB and Washington, we need more size, toughness and skill up front

This is correct, you just have those traits listed in the wrong order of importance.

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
How to Use the Forum (User Guide)

Uploading a Picture to a Post
There are a few different ways of uploading a picture to a post. To
upload a picture from the internet just click on the small tree picture

icon
. This will bring up a pop up where you can insert your link to your

image, then click on "Insert".

OR
To upload a picture from your computer click on "Upload a File" to the

right just below the post bit. This brings up a pop up where you can click
"Choose File" and browse your own computer for the picture you want.

Once uploaded you can choose whether the Thumbnail size or Full Image

in the post. Then click "Post Reply." Note that the picture will be

automatically resized to fit the post space if needed.

giphy.gif

Wally, Can this procedure be used on other forums as well?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Here’s a guy I’d like at 3rd line center for a post season run

View attachment 178849

I'd be all over it if he were willing to go year by year. Having such a legend in the locker room, pretty much THE human highlight reel for their generation, is a really cool thing. Sure, he's 40 but his IQ was always second to none and I think you could try him out on the 3rd or 4th line. If it's a Kovalchuk situation where he's looking for big money for 2-3+ years... No thanks

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'd be all over it if he were willing to go year by year. Having such a legend in the locker room, pretty much THE human highlight reel for their generation, is a really cool thing. Sure, he's 40 but his IQ was always second to none and I think you could try him out on the 3rd or 4th line. If it's a Kovalchuk situation where he's looking for big money for 2-3+ years... No thanks
Datsyuk at 3rd line center, with Heinen on his wing. He would be a great mentor for Heinen

Reactions: Strafer

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

If I were Sweeney, I wouldn't be having any discussion with the Oilers this season. Wait until they get a permanent GM.

The Oilers brass are going to want something back from the Bruins to recoup that second round pick (Studnicka) they had to give the B's as compensation to sign Chiarelli.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If I were Sweeney, I wouldn't be having any discussion with the Oilers this season. Wait until they get a permanent GM.

The Oilers brass are going to want something back from the Bruins to recoup that second round pick (Studnicka) they had to give the B's as compensation to sign Chiarelli.

Very true. The bolded always gives me a good laugh and I know many Oilers fans don't even remember they had to give up that pick for PC. Talk about a good trade, Studnicka for PC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad