Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If asset-retention is a concern, Nyquist would be a guy who has value but costs less. Pure rental.

He is a consistent 40 pt guy, His goal totals jump around but he could be a 20 goal scorer again with good linemates. If we could get a deal on him I won't object. Plays 18 mins a night and is a +1 in Detroit. Which is impressive given their record.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Danton jfk and zboril are the most concerning yes. I'd still hold onto donato .
Excellent release, hockey sense is questionable. I believe it will all come down to coaching and desire with Ryan. It may take a team or two for him to figure it out that he needs to commit himself to the game because he doesn't have the pure skill to be an impact player without the willingness to do what is needed off ice to succeed.
Put on some size and strength, be coachable and be more committed on the ice in all three zones and he could become a good third line W or a passable second wing on a mediocre team.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I'd have all the Grzelcyk, Heinen, JFK, Lauzon, Donato, picks(if you think he can be the next Krejci) on the table for Schenn.
Starting with Grzelcyk++.

I think Armstrong won't end on a completely unreasonable ask, unless you guys get desperate. Something like Lauzon, JFK and someone you guys already want out like Heinen or Donato. Or Gryz, Bruins 1st, and one of those guys. We'd probably prefer Lauzon for the same reason you guys do. As much as I'd want a Studnicka or Frederic, it's pretty unlikely with the LD prospects being discussed and that being our immediate weakness.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I think they'll make a move, they have to, if there was ever a team that should be buying it's the b's
Let's say Rask is more hurt than they are admitting, he hasn't been the best playoff goalie over his career to begin with, add injured to that and they are in real trouble. Now add how much better Toronto is, Tampa is, Washington is. They have to go through all three of them to get to the finals where they probably meet Calgary, Nashville or Winnipeg who run them out of the building. They should add but only players with term who fill needs or players that commit to resign.

There are players supposedly available that meet the short and long term needs of the team (Schenn, Ferland, Wood, Anderson, Stone, Panarin) id you get a commitment from the UFA's make a deal if not sit it out. While I feel our prospect pool is much more shallow than many Sweeney needs to maximize those assets, determine if they bring more of a return now or of it is worth waiting until the draft because this team, even with an upgrade or two, is not a contender in anyway, shape or form.

Reactions: Strafer

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think Armstrong won't end on a completely unreasonable ask, unless you guys get desperate. Something like Lauzon, JFK and someone you guys already want out like Heinen or Donato. Or Gryz, Bruins 1st, and one of those guys. We'd probably prefer Lauzon for the same reason you guys do. As much as I'd want a Studnicka or Frederic, it's pretty unlikely with the LD prospects being discussed and that being our immediate weakness.

What affects the price being asked is also how many other teams are in on Schenn. We have not heard of any serious rumors to that effect, but Boston cannot be the only team talking to Army.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Well we have all the pieces to do it. Wish the Sens would consider it. Problem would also be he probably wouldn’t sign a 8x7.5 deal or close to that with Boston.
If they were ready to sign Tavares, im pretty sure they can manage a way to sign Stone.

I dont care how, get the man in here.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
So if muzzin is a first round pick and 2 second round picks prospects . What's schenn value ? It's ridiculous . Hope Donny stays away from this nonsense .
Yes but the 2 guys who were second rounders aren’t top tier prospects. I’d give up Zaboril for a rental if a team considered him first round value.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Idk, I mean we all thought Marchand and Pasta would be signed for much larger cap hits. Could Sweeney pitch Stone on taking a slightly less deal in order to play with Bergy/Marchand and creating the best 200ft line in hockey?
Well thats what I’m hoping. You never know. Stone seems like such a level headed guy he could choose a great team and happiness over more cash.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yes but the 2 guys who were second rounders aren’t top tier prospects. I’d give up Zaboril for a rental if a team considered him first round value.

You can be pretty certain at this stage no team considers Zboril as equivalent value of a 1st round pick.

Ask yourself this question, if you traded Zboril straight up for a draft pick, what kind of pick would you expect back?

A 3rd maybe? Likely a 4th.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
This is exactly why we shouldn’t be getting into a talent arms-race at the deadline. We’ve got too many holes to fill and the gap between us and Tampa-Washington-Toronto isn’t going to narrow. Those teams still have moves to make, and you’ve got Colorado sitting out there looking to fill the same holes we are with an extra first rounder to offer up.

You restructure your team over the summer, and fill minor holes at the deadline. In hindsight, our mistake was standing pat over the summer. Compounding that by trying to play catch-up at the deadline is a bad idea IMO.

I think this is a well thought out, reasonable and logical approach. It makes perfect sense and is probably the smartest course of action.

But goddammit I don't want to hear that shit!

This is a good team, with picks and prospects to spare, and a core group that deserves another shot at the Cup. I don't think 'wait til next year' is going to fly with most fans (myself included).

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
You can be pretty certain at this stage no team considers Zboril as equivalent value of a 1st round pick.

Ask yourself this question, if you traded Zboril straight up for a draft pick, what kind of pick would you expect back?

Ya I agree, but you would get a third no problem

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think this is a well thought out, reasonable and logical approach. It makes perfect sense and is probably the smartest course of action.

But goddammit I don't want to hear that ****!

This is a good team, with picks and prospects to spare, and a core group that deserves another shot at the Cup. I don't think 'wait til next year' is going to fly with most fans (myself included).

Personally I don't think it's going to fly with ownership either.

If Sweeney sits on his hands at the deadline and by some chance the Bruins miss the playoffs or get bounced quick, you'd have to start to wonder about his job security after almost 4 years at the helm. Neely too.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
What would Nolan Patrick + Wayne Simmonds cost us?
1st +Vaak (Patrick)+Heinen (Simmonds)?

Vaak is gonna be good, but I can't imagine either of those would be the best offer for either Philly player.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
What affects the price being asked is also how many other teams are in on Schenn. We have not heard of any serious rumors to that effect, but Boston cannot be the only team talking to Army.

True, but I can't see a team able to match the ask of roster players and/or picks, especially when that is going to more than likely be outside of the Western unless Winnipeg goes nuts. Boston fits a lot of ways in valuing what Schenn brings and having cost controlled players.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

Well I think most of us were ok with the summer. Donato looked like a legit guy and Heinen had a good rookie year and Bjork was a solid back up piece. Only problem was that third line center spot it looked like it could be a problem, and boy is it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Co workers and I are always throwing around deals. Devils, Rangers and one Flyers fan. I can only hope GM's around the league don't think of many of our prospects what these guys do. Granted, they aren't HF type fans, but a few have a decent grasp on what's what.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

The ship that sailed in Summer 2018 :)

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Let's say Rask is more hurt than they are admitting, he hasn't been the best playoff goalie over his career to begin with, add injured to that and they are in real trouble. Now add how much better Toronto is, Tampa is, Washington is. They have to go through all three of them to get to the finals where they probably meet Calgary, Nashville or Winnipeg who run them out of the building. They should add but only players with term who fill needs or players that commit to resign.

There are players supposedly available that meet the short and long term needs of the team (Schenn, Ferland, Wood, Anderson, Stone, Panarin) id you get a commitment from the UFA's make a deal if not sit it out. While I feel our prospect pool is much more shallow than many Sweeney needs to maximize those assets, determine if they bring more of a return now or of it is worth waiting until the draft because this team, even with an upgrade or two, is not a contender in anyway, shape or form.

I think you're right that they should be trading for players who either have term or are likely to re-sign. But I think you're making the mistake of looking at prospects who came up short this year and saying they all suck or aren't as good as Sweeney thought.

There was a time when Marchand got called up and sucked. And Krejci, and Boychuk and on and on. I think Sweeney's mistake was expecting them to make the jump and be impactful players like DeBrusk and Heinen were last year but I don't think the fact that they weren't ready this year means they're junk or that they'll never be ready and capable NHL players, or even that their value/upside is any lower. They just weren't ready.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

LOL. I didn't take pleasure in typing it, if that makes you feel better. But I just think that deadline moves is a vicious cycle that hurts you in the long run. Worst possible scenario is that we make patchwork moves year after year at the deadline to get us through 1 or 2 rounds of the playoffs. That used to be the Flyers strategy until the wheels finally came off.

Like I said before, build the team in the summer, and add the depth at deadline. Not the other way around.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad