Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I was on his bandwagon before he got hot . Go check messages from before I knew he was gonna wake up. Anyways since the rabbit out of the hat on that one id take a flyer on nikita scherbak. He might be a 20 goal guy in a year or 2 . He will cost next to nothing.

The same Scherback that has been waived twice this year and is now playing in the AHL (1g/0a in 6 games)??

There’s a reason he will cost next to nothing.

Reactions: lopey and Skelen

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Agreed...and gross!

The most I would go on Simmonds is 3-years (his age 31/32/33 seasons). But I don't think that gets it done. Some GM will overpay on term to get him now and deal with the consequences later (if that GM is even still employed by then).

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Im kinda perplexed how Donny let nino slip away the guys been on fire since joining canes and costed them only v rask. I'm sure we could have beaten that offer and he would have been perfect for 2nd 3 rd line.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The most I would go on Simmonds is 3-years (his age 31/32/33 seasons). But I don't think that gets it done. Some GM will overpay on term to get him now and deal with the consequences later (if that GM is even still employed by then).

He looked ordinary against the bruins recently. The bruins need a good hockey trade with multiple players and prospects going every which way. I just want to see Don find players between age 20 and 27 where the bruins are weak. D is Don's greatest asset strength now try to improve forward scoring/skill depth. Bruins have too many 4th line forward player types.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Im kinda perplexed how Donny let nino slip away the guys been on fire since joining canes and costed them only v rask. I'm sure we could have beaten that offer and he would have been perfect for 2nd 3 rd line.

Minnesota wanted a center. The closest would be JFK.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
This was discussed a bit. Apparently the numbers aren’t as lopsided as you might think and given their close proximity in age with the added value of Rask being a C made this a fairly even hockey trade. We did not have the young nhl experienced center comparable to Rask.

Minnesota wasn’t looking for futures.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Well, Cehlarik has been on fire since joining the Bruins. I'm not sure either is overly relevant

As mentioned Minny apparently wanted a C who could step in and help them right now. Given the fact the Bruins are looking for the same thing, it doesn't seem likely the Bruins had a good fit for what Minny wanted

Additionally, Nino is fairly expensive for what he brings. He is a player who just hasn't been worth the contract for the last 18 months, and he has 3 more years on contract for 5.25 million a year. Not a crippling contract, but not something that would have fit really well if he continued being a 40 point player

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I like cheap high draft pick young castaways. Crouse was given up by florida and now he's playing decent. Dylan strome dumped by Arizona and look at him in Chicago. Those are the best trades and pickups. They can set your team for years.

Have watched a fair amount of Chicago games since the deal, and the Hawks are force feeding Strome steady doses of Kane and Toews, which is inflating his numbers imo.

For every Crouse (who has been mediocre in ARI) and Strome...there is a Yakupov, Jack Skille, Filatov, and countless others.

I’m stumped here. I need you to give me an example of a former high draft pick that didn’t work out with his draft team, was dealt for next to nothing, went to a new team and “set them up for years”.

Name one.

I'm with you there but I'll tweak it a little and give up heinan and Bjork for Crouse . I like donato and don't wanna give up on him yet.

Crouse has 8g/6a in 49 games, with 2g/2a in his last five games. Even with this recent explosion, he’s only on pace for 13g/10a (before his breakout five games, it was 11g/7a).

And you want to trade Heinen AND Bjork for him? Heinen is having a bad year, according to most here. His bad year is comparable to Crouse’s best year so far...so let’s throw in another asset as well (Bjork) just for good measure.

Also, Crouse is a LH LW. If the B’s are going to take a chance on a kid, I would rather somebody like Puljujarvi, who at least addresses a need.

Reactions: Skelen

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Have watched a fair amount of Chicago games since the deal, and the Hawks are force feeding Strome steady doses of Kane and Toews, which is inflating his numbers imo.

For every Crouse (who has been mediocre in ARI) and Strome...there is a Yakupov, Jack Skille, Filatov, and countless others.

I’m stumped here. I need you to give me an example of a former high draft pick that didn’t work out with his draft team, was dealt for next to nothing, went to a new team and “set them up for years”.

Name one.

Crouse has 8g/6a in 49 games, with 2g/2a in his last five games. Even with this recent explosion, he’s only on pace for 13g/10a (before his breakout five games, it was 11g/7a).

And you want to trade Heinen AND Bjork for him? Heinen is having a bad year, according to most here. His bad year is comparable to Crouse’s best year so far...so let’s throw in another asset as well (Bjork) just for good measure.

Also, Crouse is a LH LW. If the B’s are going to take a chance on a kid, I would rather somebody like Puljujarvi, who at least addresses a need.
Crouse also has the physical intangibles that are hard to find . He would be a good fit if he was available.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I believe Boston already has those intangibles without Crouse.

I rather not have our franchise dman do that consistently a few more hits to him in the head and he will look like the staypuft marshmallow man. Thats why I loved Shawn Thornton when he was here he helped lucic chara in their prime not to do the heavy lifting and why their careers got extended I believe. Crouse can do that too.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Name one.

Roberto Luongo

Selected 4th overall by the Islanders, had a 3.25GAA and .904Sv% in his first season. Was publically called out by Millbury after a 7-0 loss to Boston. That summer Milbury selected DiPietro and they moved Luongo to the Panthers for Mark Parrish, Olli Jokinen, and Oleg Kvasha. His Sv% and SO totals would rocket from there with the Panthers and get him a Vezina vote in his 5th season with the cats.
2 Years later he would be traded before becoming a UFA having turned down a 5 year deal with Florida to Vancouver. He was among the leagues best while in Vancouver and a perennial Vezina vote getter.

He was given up on fast by Milbury and succeed everywhere he went after that. The Panthers never got him wins, but he got everything while in Vancouver. Well....almost everything....

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Crouse also has the physical intangibles that are hard to find . He would be a good fit if he was available.

That’s your reply?

What happened to coming up with a former high pick that could be had for cheap and set up the B’s for years?

Crouse has 155 hits in 49 games (a shade over 3 a game). By comparison, Wagner has 161 in three less games, so that’s not bad. However, I’m not giving up two assets for a 3rd/4th line tweener that is similar to Wagner. B’s have enough of those guys already.

You want to talk about adding somebody like Josh Anderson, I’m all for it. I don’t think Crouse is anything special.

Reactions: Skelen

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Name one.

Strome fits stylistically with Kane. Kane carrying the puck masks his skating, he is quite skilled and is happy to go down low and fight for space. Chicago might have been the single best situation in the whole NHL for Strome to land.

Kane has typically excelled with that type of center and Strome probably the most skilled yet.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

EdwardSharpe

Apr 26, 2017
I rather not have our franchise dman do that consistently a few more hits to him in the head and he will look like the staypuft marshmallow man. Thats why I loved Shawn Thornton when he was here he helped lucic chara in their prime not to do the heavy lifting and why their careers got extended I believe. Crouse can do that too.

I understand your way of thinking but if that's the kind of player Boston wants we have Anton Blidh in the minors who play a similar game and could get in the lineup without costing any assets.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Roberto Luongo

Selected 4th overall by the Islanders, had a 3.25GAA and .904Sv% in his first season. Was publically called out by Millbury after a 7-0 loss to Boston. That summer Milbury selected DiPietro and they moved Luongo to the Panthers for Mark Parrish, Olli Jokinen, and Oleg Kvasha. His Sv% and SO totals would rocket from there with the Panthers and get him a Vezina vote in his 5th season with the cats.
2 Years later he would be traded before becoming a UFA having turned down a 5 year deal with Florida to Vancouver. He was among the leagues best while in Vancouver and a perennial Vezina vote getter.

He was given up on fast by Milbury and succeed everywhere he went after that. The Panthers never got him wins, but he got everything while in Vancouver. Well....almost everything....

That’s probably as close as you are going to get. However, I’m going to say that it wasn’t that Luongo “didn’t work out” on Long Island, it was that Mulbury was certifiably insane, and this deal would be Exhibit A.

BTW, it wasn’t Luongo for O Jokinen, Parrish, and Kvasha...

It was Jokinen (former 3rd overall) AND Luongo (4th overall) for Parrish and Kvasha (who both had some very good seasons with the Isles, but not enough to offset who they were dealt for).

If anything, Jokinen might be closer to the criteria than Luongo. Drafted by LA 3rd overall, dealt to NYI after two years, who then dealt him the following year to FLA. In 7 seasons in FLA, he had four seasons of 34 goals or more and one with 26 goals.

Possibly the worst deal of many Milbury made?

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
That’s probably as close as you are going to get. However, I’m going to say that it wasn’t that Luongo “didn’t work out” on Long Island, it was that Mulbury was certifiably insane, and this deal would be Exhibit A.

BTW, it wasn’t Luongo for O Jokinen, Parrish, and Kvasha...

It was Jokinen (former 3rd overall) AND Luongo (4th overall) for Parrish and Kvasha (who both had some very good seasons with the Isles, but not enough to offset who they were dealt for).

If anything, Jokinen might be closer to the criteria than Luongo. Drafted by LA 3rd overall, dealt to NYI after two years, who then dealt him the following year to FLA. In 7 seasons in FLA, he had four seasons of 34 goals or more and one with 26 goals.

Possibly the worst deal of many Milbury made?

Interesting. Yeah, having a hard time finding players that fit your criteria. Luongo was the best I could find atm, even though it was probably just Milbury.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Boston is going to be on the outside looking in at a playoff spot soon. Don you need help now and quit waiting fo some miracle to happen with the young guys.

Definitely require a proven productive forward for the second line and a 3c if possible. No more of the over the hill deadline pieces which you hope will make the big difference. Hate to see Bergeron and Marchand's remaining productive years wasted.

Just my opinion.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Interesting. Yeah, having a hard time finding players that fit your criteria. Luongo was the best I could find atm, even though it was probably just Milbury.

There are very few (if any) players that fit the criteria that don g was throwing out there...which was the point :laugh:

If the B’s traded next to nothing for Puljujarvi and he turned into a stud for the B’s that would probably be the first time.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
There are very few (if any) players that fit the criteria that don g was throwing out there...which was the point :laugh:

If the B’s traded next to nothing for Puljujarvi and he turned into a stud for the B’s that would probably be the first time.

Even just a quick scan on Hockey DB the vast majority of guys picked in the 1st round even who were busts with their original team ended up as busts period.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
So, what exactly is happening with the team right now? Are they practicing? Have they really been on vacation for two weeks? Did I see @Dom - OHL say something about every team gets 5 days off? Does that include the All-Star break?

I know we're technically into the All-Star break as of today, but everyone else in the league has been playing games (and gaining ground on the B's) all week.

We have a tough stretch coming out of this extended vacation, facing 3 tough opponents in the first 4 games (Winnipeg, Washington and the Islanders).

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So, what exactly is happening with the team right now? Are they practicing? Have they really been on vacation for two weeks? Did I see @Dom - OHL say something about every team gets 5 days off? Does that include the All-Star break?

I know we're technically into the All-Star break as of today, but everyone else in the league has been playing games (and gaining ground on the B's) all week.

We have a tough stretch coming out of this extended vacation, facing 3 tough opponents in the first 4 games (Winnipeg, Washington and the Islanders).

No.

10 teams are off 20-24th->All star break
the rest are all star break 27-31st.

Yes, they are on vacation, ect. No practices during it. That's why so many young players are being sent to the AHL for the week.

Sources: NHL to institute bye weeks next season

"Players will be completely off with no practice during this break. There will be practice permitted after 4 p.m. local time on the fifth day if there is a game on the sixth day; otherwise no practice will be allowed on the fifth day."

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad