Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Quoted from the Jack Edwards AMA on Reddit.

"Hi Jack any game you're not announcing is worse off for it. Thanks so much for doing an AMA with us!
In your opinion who is the most underrated player in the Bruins Organization?"

"From what I've seen, Matt Grzelcyk. But from what I sense, there are two other possibilities: Peter Cehlarik and Urho Vaakanainen. Cehlarik always has combined well with David Krejci (who showed, when Bergeron was hurt, that he can play at the highest level when surrounded by capable wings), and loves to win the puck, dish it to Krejci and go. I'm eager to see if he can play at a high level for a long time.

Vaakanainen is a stud. Can play monster minutes, is tough as a $2 steak at Waffle House, and has that kind of confidence that makes your eyes pop when you see his birth certificate.

Grzelcyk already has proven to be reliable, consistent, quick of mind and fast afoot. Consider how steep his learning curve is... and it isn't flattening out yet. Thrilling, really, to see a young player like this develop right in front of our eyes."

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Im kinda perplexed how Donny let nino slip away the guys been on fire since joining canes and costed them only v rask. I'm sure we could have beaten that offer and he would have been perfect for 2nd 3 rd line.
Who on Bruins would you consider V Rask to equate to?

Minnesota wanted something back for NN. Now we know what they accepted, if we want to analyse why we didn't match or better we have to come up with a match first.

IMO, as much as we'd obviously like NN in Boston, we didn't have a match.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Have watched a fair amount of Chicago games since the deal, and the Hawks are force feeding Strome steady doses of Kane and Toews, which is inflating his numbers imo.

For every Crouse (who has been mediocre in ARI) and Strome...there is a Yakupov, Jack Skille, Filatov, and countless others.

I’m stumped here. I need you to give me an example of a former high draft pick that didn’t work out with his draft team, was dealt for next to nothing, went to a new team and “set them up for years”.

Name one.

Crouse has 8g/6a in 49 games, with 2g/2a in his last five games. Even with this recent explosion, he’s only on pace for 13g/10a (before his breakout five games, it was 11g/7a).

And you want to trade Heinen AND Bjork for him? Heinen is having a bad year, according to most here. His bad year is comparable to Crouse’s best year so far...so let’s throw in another asset as well (Bjork) just for good measure.

Also, Crouse is a LH LW. If the B’s are going to take a chance on a kid, I would rather somebody like Puljujarvi, who at least addresses a need.

I agree, just trade Heinen for him. Same production, different types of players, Bruins have plenty of D first, non physical prospects and players not many big, physical players. Same production give me the type of player the team is missing.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
That’s probably as close as you are going to get. However, I’m going to say that it wasn’t that Luongo “didn’t work out” on Long Island, it was that Mulbury was certifiably insane, and this deal would be Exhibit A.

BTW, it wasn’t Luongo for O Jokinen, Parrish, and Kvasha...

It was Jokinen (former 3rd overall) AND Luongo (4th overall) for Parrish and Kvasha (who both had some very good seasons with the Isles, but not enough to offset who they were dealt for).

If anything, Jokinen might be closer to the criteria than Luongo. Drafted by LA 3rd overall, dealt to NYI after two years, who then dealt him the following year to FLA. In 7 seasons in FLA, he had four seasons of 34 goals or more and one with 26 goals.

Possibly the worst deal of many Milbury made?

I don't know Chara, a 2nd overall pick and Bill Muckalt for Yashin was pretty terrible.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't know Chara, a 2nd overall pick and Bill Muckalt for Yashin was pretty terrible.

True, but Chara at the time was what, an unproven 3rd round pick? In hindsight this deal was right up there with Milbury’s worst, but I still think the Luongo/Jokinen deal trumps it because of the youth and draft position of those two.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Quoted from the Jack Edwards AMA on Reddit.

"Hi Jack any game you're not announcing is worse off for it. Thanks so much for doing an AMA with us!
In your opinion who is the most underrated player in the Bruins Organization?"

"From what I've seen, Matt Grzelcyk. But from what I sense, there are two other possibilities: Peter Cehlarik and Urho Vaakanainen. Cehlarik always has combined well with David Krejci (who showed, when Bergeron was hurt, that he can play at the highest level when surrounded by capable wings), and loves to win the puck, dish it to Krejci and go. I'm eager to see if he can play at a high level for a long time.

Vaakanainen is a stud. Can play monster minutes, is tough as a $2 steak at Waffle House, and has that kind of confidence that makes your eyes pop when you see his birth certificate.

Grzelcyk already has proven to be reliable, consistent, quick of mind and fast afoot. Consider how steep his learning curve is... and it isn't flattening out yet. Thrilling, really, to see a young player like this develop right in front of our eyes."

Living in Waffle House land this made me laugh.

Reactions: Dr Hook

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree, just trade Heinen for him. Same production, different types of players, Bruins have plenty of D first, non physical prospects and players not many big, physical players. Same production give me the type of player the team is missing.

You know I disagree with this. Think you would be dealing low on Heinen and high on Crouse.

As I said, if you could convince Columbus to deal Anderson (a physical RW) for Heinen, I wouldn’t be happy, but would get it.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
True, but Chara at the time was what, an unproven 3rd round pick? In hindsight this deal was right up there with Milbury’s worst, but I still think the Luongo/Jokinen deal trumps it because of the youth and draft position of those two.

I was going to go with Chara at first, but he was pretty well thought of when with the Islanders, got a good haul for him when traded to Ottawa(Yashin). So he kinda does not fit the bust mold at all with his first team.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I was going to go with Chara at first, but he was pretty well thought of when with the Islanders, got a good haul for him when traded to Ottawa(Yashin). So he kinda does not fit the bust mold at all with his first team.

Newly was another guy I thought of, but Barry Pederson was not chopped liver and had two 70 pt seasons with VAN after the deal, so he doesn’t fit the criteria either.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Fair enough, just glad he wasn't here long enough to do any real damage. Always said he continues to reach new lows in each job he has in hockey. Bad player, worse coach, wretched GM and just an abysmal broadcaster. He doesn't have any real beliefs just spews whatever he can to be controversial and attempt to stay relevant.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I normally stay away from proposals but here is one. Based on nothing but looking at rosters.
To Det. McAvoy to Boston Mantha and Larkin. Does anyone have to add, would either team do it? Bruins D depth is very good, no top end young centers in system or big power forwards who can score. McAvoy is a top tier prospect with Norris potential.

Reactions: Strafer

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
That’s probably as close as you are going to get. However, I’m going to say that it wasn’t that Luongo “didn’t work out” on Long Island, it was that Mulbury was certifiably insane, and this deal would be Exhibit A.

BTW, it wasn’t Luongo for O Jokinen, Parrish, and Kvasha...

It was Jokinen (former 3rd overall) AND Luongo (4th overall) for Parrish and Kvasha (who both had some very good seasons with the Isles, but not enough to offset who they were dealt for).

If anything, Jokinen might be closer to the criteria than Luongo. Drafted by LA 3rd overall, dealt to NYI after two years, who then dealt him the following year to FLA. In 7 seasons in FLA, he had four seasons of 34 goals or more and one with 26 goals.

Possibly the worst deal of many Milbury made?

What makes the Luongo trade even funnier is that Milbury did it because he fell in love with DiPietro and reached for him at #1 (Heatley, Gaborik went 2 and 3) - and then gave him that contract. This is just a couple years after drafting Luongo at #4 which was the highest ever for a goalie. They also have the 5th over-all pick that year and walked away with Torres instead of Hartnell.

If he had just left well enough alone they could've had a team with Luongo, Chara, Heatley, Spezza, Jokinen, Bertuzzi, Berard, McCabe, Salo, Osgood, Hartnell - or some combination.

And then think of how much money The Isle doled out to Dipietro and Yashin to not play.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I normally stay away from proposals but here is one. Based on nothing but looking at rosters.
To Det. McAvoy to Boston Mantha and Larkin. Does anyone have to add, would either team do it? Bruins D depth is very good, no top end young centers in system or big power forwards who can score. McAvoy is a top tier prospect with Norris potential.
why would Sweeney or Holland do either?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What makes the Luongo trade even funnier is that Milbury did it because he fell in love with DiPietro and reached for him at #1 (Heatley, Gaborik went 2 and 3) - and then gave him that contract. This is just a couple years after drafting Luongo at #4 which was the highest ever for a goalie. They also have the 5th over-all pick that year and walked away with Torres instead of Hartnell.

If he had just left well enough alone they could've had a team with Luongo, Chara, Heatley, Spezza, Jokinen, Bertuzzi, Berard, McCabe, Salo, Osgood, Hartnell - or some combination.

And then think of how much money The Isle doled out to Dipietro and Yashin to not play.

In a pre-cap era this was a multi-cup roster.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I don't think the Wings would do it.

Their No.1 22-year old PPG center (and best current player) and a 24-year old 20+ goal power winger for a potential No.1 D-man. Even if you take Mantha out and it's just Larkin for McAvoy straight up I don't think they do it. The value would be very close (Young top C for young Top D) but I think they'd just prefer to keep their own guy in Larkin.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Zero.zero happening

The deal was the two picks they ended up trading for Griffin Reinhart (16 & 33) and the Montreal pick in second round they got for Petry 55?

Both deals were ballpark and Sweeney made the right move - the fix was in and he **** right on it

End result Chiarelli had already mentally committed to trading those picks so he was easy prey for the Islanders

He also mentally committed to Hamilton contract so he handed that to Sekera another bad bad move.

Sweeney basically unbeknownst got the ball rolling to the beginning of the end of Chiarelli and ironically it was at the beginning of his tenure

Those that want to live in Wonderland feel free those that want to know a little background there you go

Fact not opinion
Hey if you know, great totally respect that just think of Sweeney pushes for the two firsts it could have happened but really just my thought

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If we were going to trade Mack that would be a fair return I think it looks good for both teams

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Just highlights what a trainwreck of a GM Milbury was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad