Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
so random thought to break out of the norm.. hughes is pretty much #1 .. kakko looking like the real deal, is a natural rw, is a lh shot but thats not a huge deal .. maybe some team would be opened to speeding up their rebuild.. say a krug and a donato.. ? not saying it has to be these exact players.. im just thinking something along those lines.. a legit stud prospect . thoughts?

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If I were Sweeney, I wouldn't be having any discussion with the Oilers this season. Wait until they get a permanent GM.

The Oilers brass are going to want something back from the Bruins to recoup that second round pick (Studnicka) they had to give the B's as compensation to sign Chiarelli.
McDavid to Bruins makes so much sense

Solves our center problem

Reactions: Strafer

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
If I were Sweeney, I wouldn't be having any discussion with the Oilers this season. Wait until they get a permanent GM.

The Oilers brass are going to want something back from the Bruins to recoup that second round pick (Studnicka) they had to give the B's as compensation to sign Chiarelli.
The Oilers already got that, his name is Keith Gretzky, their present interm GM.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I think everyone is holding their breath on Ottawa to see if the big two are gonna get resigned. If they do then the lesser players will get the attention.

Not to get off the track, but if Melnyk has any hope of selling that team or moving it he'll need someone like Stone and/or Duchesne (or both) to market the team

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
been hearing a couple of the talking heads saying if theres no deals immediately, the sellers will probably wait until closer to deadline to try to max out their return. still am hearing its a buyers market.

we might end up being happily surprised at the deal we get but we might be in for a longer wait than we hoped for.

in the meantime lets remember Toronto is on wicked freefall... buffalo's Cinderella clock has hit 12... and montreal is a box of smoke with some shinny mirrors shinning light back in our eyes.

in a league where 75% of teams play 500 hockey or better it takes a long long time to move the needle in the playoff race. theres roughly 3 ten game stretches left and if we average 12 points in each stretch the team below us might average 11. theres like 2-3 points separating us now... it might still be 4-5 points by the end of the year.

so, I know patience is no ones strong suit here... and crying that the sky is falling feels good like we are accomplishing something... but honestly we are on a pretty good spot

health is the great equalizer. if we get more hurt than the other guys... what im saying might be thrown out the water. but we are on projection now to zip up into second seed and get Toronto or montreal spoon fed to us in the first round

and then no matter how many trades we make... we got tampa beast waiting in the second round

so should we dismantle our youth depth when the odds of beating them are nil-none?

I see a couple unglamorous hole plugging deals coming. and honestly, it will be ok. my favorite target will continue to be jeff carter {with LA helping us on the cap hit} sort of a similar move to what we made last year for rick nash.

gives us better depth at center {needed to protect us against injuries} gives us another option on our second pp unit {important at playoff time} puts some size in the lineup {yes we are smallish} and shouldn't break our bank on picks/prospects

id guess we wont be picking up a ton of other bits and pieces this year so im predicting a quiet trade deadline... but a happy playoff run. no shame being beaten by the best

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
so random thought to break out of the norm.. hughes is pretty much #1 .. kakko looking like the real deal, is a natural rw, is a lh shot but thats not a huge deal .. maybe some team would be opened to speeding up their rebuild.. say a krug and a donato.. ? not saying it has to be these exact players.. im just thinking something along those lines.. a legit stud prospect . thoughts?

A legit stud prospect for better or worse is actually more expensive than a stud veteran.

With a Stud prospect a team is looking at a player they can basically lock up for 11 years (3 years, and then the 8 year extension). Of course there is the risk of a bust, but no GM is going to live their life in fear of the bust.

For example Dahlin last year. Boston could have offered McAvoy (proved to be close to real deal as rookie), Plus Dubrusk and another top prospect, plus 3 #1 picks, and I c an promise you Buffalo says no.

Krug plus Donato as a package, maybe gets you the #11 pick if for example Detroit had the 11th pick and was looking to rebuild quickly.

I doubt the team with a top 2 pick would deal straight up for Pasta. It is silly, but I think that is true (assuming the top 2, are elite class). Maybe if it is slightly poor top of the class, then it would be close

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

Wow kind of surprised you would say this. Not to be disrespectful but that’s what the rules were and the Bruins did what they did. I would hope any GM would do what’s best for their team regardless of the past. It really bugged me when people said they wouldn’t deal Hamilton to Ed. Who cares if you get a better deal do it. You might be pissed and cetainly ask for a little more from a team/gm that you have issues with but man just do what’s best for the team.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I would imagine Datsyuk is too old to be effective in this league. What’s the word on Bergland? Did he quit hockey?
Spittin Chiclets podcast had Berglund as needing some mental health time. Not sure if there is more clarity than that out there

Datsyuk, interesting name .he was such a cerebral player, that I’d hope he could still be effective in a 3rd line capacity. Making me think for sure.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Wow kind of surprised you would say this. Not to be disrespectful but that’s what the rules were and the Bruins did what they did. I would hope any GM would do what’s best for their team regardless of the past. It really bugged me when people said they wouldn’t deal Hamilton to Ed. Who cares if you get a better deal do it. You might be pissed and cetainly ask for a little more from a team/gm that you have issues with but man just do what’s best for the team.
That’s been my opinion as well for some time. I could never understand why posters would discredit a legitimate trade proposal with Edmonton because of bad feeling between Neeley and Chiarelli.

Any GM or President who refuses to deal with another team for a player/s who can help his team, because of personal animosity, should be fired.

Reactions: Strafer and maxl7

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
been hearing a couple of the talking heads saying if theres no deals immediately, the sellers will probably wait until closer to deadline to try to max out their return. still am hearing its a buyers market.

we might end up being happily surprised at the deal we get but we might be in for a longer wait than we hoped for.

in the meantime lets remember Toronto is on wicked freefall... buffalo's Cinderella clock has hit 12... and montreal is a box of smoke with some shinny mirrors shinning light back in our eyes.

in a league where 75% of teams play 500 hockey or better it takes a long long time to move the needle in the playoff race. theres roughly 3 ten game stretches left and if we average 12 points in each stretch the team below us might average 11. theres like 2-3 points separating us now... it might still be 4-5 points by the end of the year.

so, I know patience is no ones strong suit here... and crying that the sky is falling feels good like we are accomplishing something... but honestly we are on a pretty good spot

health is the great equalizer. if we get more hurt than the other guys... what im saying might be thrown out the water. but we are on projection now to zip up into second seed and get Toronto or montreal spoon fed to us in the first round

and then no matter how many trades we make... we got tampa beast waiting in the second round

so should we dismantle our youth depth when the odds of beating them are nil-none?

I see a couple unglamorous hole plugging deals coming. and honestly, it will be ok. my favorite target will continue to be jeff carter {with LA helping us on the cap hit} sort of a similar move to what we made last year for rick nash.

gives us better depth at center {needed to protect us against injuries} gives us another option on our second pp unit {important at playoff time} puts some size in the lineup {yes we are smallish} and shouldn't break our bank on picks/prospects

id guess we wont be picking up a ton of other bits and pieces this year so im predicting a quiet trade deadline... but a happy playoff run. no shame being beaten by the best

I agree that a few plug deals are coming so Jacobs can get some playoff revenue and keep the masses happy.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn’t best for the team among other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad