Proposal: Bruins trade proposals, rumors, transaction suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'd counter with Spooner + Bartowski.

But then again, I suck at this.

2 years ago I think I put up a trade on the main board for korpikoski and gormley and yotes fans countered with Hamilton and a 1st. How times have changed

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Kelly has an 8 team list that people seem to be forgetting about. I doubt Carolina is on it.

Maybe if the other lines were playing just as well they may be more inclined to move him however, they aren't and add in his leadership, he's not going anywhere.

Remember you write this when the end of November approaches.

member 96824

I'd give Morrow and Spooner for Gormley, and i'm pretty high on both.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Remember you write this when the end of November approaches.

I think there are more than a few people bookmarking the post to throw it in my face at some point so thanks for the warning.

If it helps the team then you move him but I don't think it will and thus, I keep him for the entire season and then maybe you deal him at the draft.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think there are more than a few people bookmarking the post to throw it in my face at some point so thanks for the warning.

If it helps the team then you move him but I don't think it will and thus, I keep him for the entire season and then maybe you deal him at the draft.

Not to throw it in your face. Far from it. Rather, to point out how weak November is and the false sense of security the Bruins and fans are going to get as the three lines all start contributing. That is when Kelly will truly be seen as expendable like you suggest.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Not to throw it in your face. Far from it. Rather, to point out how weak November is and the false sense of security the Bruins and fans are going to get as the three lines all start contributing. That is when Kelly will truly be seen as expendable like you suggest.
Oh I know you won't but others will as that's how it works around here.

Time will tell but for now, I will enjoy the sense of vindication while he and the Swedes play well together.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Oh I know you won't but others will as that's how it works around here.

Time will tell but for now, I will enjoy the sense of vindication while he and the Swedes play well together.

I think him and Loui are more codependent on each other than they are on their center Carl.

Kelly does the things which are Loui's glaring shortcomings (speed, physical, grit) and Loui has the stick and hockey sense Kelly does not. I would not dream of moving either from the third line.

We have an enormous problem of the hole on the first line that we can't fix internally. But the LW has sucked so friggen badly that it might divert to Krejci's line being the third line and those two play with a kid and the Soderberg line is our first. If that happens we have to just deal with it not make stupid trade demands.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Hmm...

Reports flying now that Brandon Gormley wants out of Arizona. He was good enough to make the team but was sent back down...

For those of you who forget, he was in the Hall/Seguin draft taken 13th overall right after Cam Fowler.

It seems they want a shutdown dman. What do you guys think about Miller or McQuaid ++? I know it's a dream, but maybe, just maybe, Gormley could fix our second pair:

Chara - Hamilton
Gormley - Seidenberg
Krug - McQuaid/Miller

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
I would love to get Erik Gudbranson from Florida, Our top 4 would look pretty good!! Wonder if they would do Spooner and Mcquaid for Gudbranson

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Gudbranson
Krug-Miller
Bart

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I think it is more likely this team does one of the following

Trade for Chris Stewart
Sign Dustin Penner
Trade for Frolik

Not sexy options, but it's what I think Chia does given the space he has.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Lucic needs to get on youtube and check out how Phil Esposito used to play.
I want him gone but only if the price is right.

ps: why is JB lighting it up in NY? Oh nevermind, its a contract year lol.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Steve Downie is a typical Bruin. See him protect his linemates the other night?

The guy can skate, hit, score and fight ~ a typical Bruin.

Wish we had him.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I grew up idolizing Ray. Every game I watched, I was specifically looking for his shifts, and in the playoffs I lived on every shot from the point. And his accuracy, he could shoot corners from the point! Do you remember his playoff run for the Colorado Stanley Cup? I just don't remember anything like it. That guy, he was a wizard.

Hamilton is not even a shadow of Ray. Not even a little bit.

Will he ever control a game the way Ray could? Probably not. But he can certainly develop into an excellent defensive & offensive D. He can become a five on five and power play quaterback, given time & maturity. He's a smart kid who seems to see the ice very well.

He's only 21 and tuteling under the league's premier shut down D who can also teach a thing or two about scoring. I'm sure Z is also helping with conditioning habits and skills unique to big men in the NHL.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I would love to get Erik Gudbranson from Florida, Our top 4 would look pretty good!! Wonder if they would do Spooner and Mcquaid for Gudbranson

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Gudbranson
Krug-Miller
Bart

No way that gets us Gudbranson. I've been following this guy's career for a long time. He'll be a big time player in the future.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota

Will he ever control a game the way Ray could? Probably not. But he can certainly develop into an excellent defensive & offensive D. He can become a five on five and power play quaterback, given time & maturity. He's a smart kid who seems to see the ice very well.

He's only 21 and tuteling under the league's premier shut down D who can also teach a thing or two about scoring. I'm sure Z is also helping with conditioning habits and skills unique to big men in the NHL.

It seems like a different part of his game gets better every year. He's gotten faster, stronger, and better defensively. It also seems like he spent this season working on his puck-handling. He has blown me away this season a couple of times already with his ability to deke and skate around in the offensive zone w/ the puck... very reminiscent of Borque. I don't think he will be a Borque, but I think Hamilton has the ability to be every bit as good as big Z has been for us. Maybe even a little better at handling the puck. He's been our best pick in years.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Its already explained a couple of times:

Me to hockey people: Would you trade Hamilton Straight up for Yakupov?

Very adamant NO WAY.

To the same people: Would you trade Yakupov straight up for Hamilton?

In a heartbeat.

They are looking at it from two sides and obviously value one much more than the other.

Let me ask you two questions GH:

1) If you are the Bruins, would you trade Dougie Hamilton straight up for Yakupov?

2) If you are the Oilers, would you trade Yakupov straight up for Hamilton?

Two questions that seem identical but very different since it forces you to look from both sides.

That was just my response to the "any trade involving Yakupov starts with Hamilton"

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It seems like a different part of his game gets better every year. He's gotten faster, stronger, and better defensively. It also seems like he spent this season working on his puck-handling. He has blown me away this season a couple of times already with his ability to deke and skate around in the offensive zone w/ the puck... very reminiscent of Borque. I don't think he will be a Borque, but I think Hamilton has the ability to be every bit as good as big Z has been for us. Maybe even a little better at handling the puck. He's been our best pick in years.

He's definitely the best pick they've had under Chiarelli, if you don't count Kessel or Seguin.

I don't think he'll quite measure up (haha) to Z as a shutdown D, but he'll be responsible and intelligent in his own zone, provide superior breakouts & outlet passes, and offensive touch to boot. Not bad. :yo:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Very adamant NO WAY.

In a heartbeat.

They are looking at it from two sides and obviously value one much more than the other.

1) If you are the Bruins, would you trade Dougie Hamilton straight up for Yakupov?

Two questions that seem identical but very different since it forces you to look from both sides.

That was just my response to the "any trade involving Yakupov starts with Hamilton"

The " starts with" remark always cracks me up in any trade scenario. "You want player x? than you start with player y and then maybe we figure something out after you unload a lot more." And the start with player is always more valuable than their own. Oh you want Seth Jones??...start with kessel then get back to me.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Very adamant NO WAY.

In a heartbeat.

I went back into the thread and realized you clarified the post. So, I understand now.

As to your questions. please realize that I'm just a long time fan, no expert.

1] No.

2] I would, yes, given the trouble he's had there, and though I don't follow EDM's D, I'm assuming they'd kill for a player like Dougie. Again, I understand that the two clubs obviously come to the same straight up swap with vastly different needs & perspectives.

Keep those insider bits -- and common sense analysis -- coming. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad