Proposal: Bruins trade proposals, rumors, transaction suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Chris Kelly's stats thus far are all in the top 2 for the team. Sorry to rain on the parade of all those who want to get rid of him but he's staying put.

Yes I'm sure when the season ends Kelly will be 2nd in team scoring.

Interesting that you are flauntingly pointing out his stats. I wonder if when the season ends you will be letting us know that he's the 16th leading scorer on the Bruins.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Interesting that you are flauntingly pointing out his stats. I wonder if when the season ends you will be letting us know that he's the 16th leading scorer on the Bruins.

Who knows where he'll be at the end of the season?

Right now he's helping the team and certainly earning his paycheck.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Yeah Stewart looked like garbage. Maybe he checked out (mentally) since joining Buffalo, but even ignoring his lack of compete level, he made some dumb decisions too.

Sums up his Career .. STL buddy hates him, says can't remember getting so frustrated with one guy.

I'd say my biggest problem is what happens if he goes in this "funk" in playoffs.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Let Kelly play well that way some team will want him and we can trade him later. But for now, its beneficial for him to play well for us and his trade value.

Its a win/win.

I think this team needs someone like Patrick Marleau. Great vet. Still a great player. He'd be great in a Rex role here. Just a thought.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Let Kelly play well that way some team will want him and we can trade him later. But for now, its beneficial for him to play well for us and his trade value.

Its a win/win.

I think this team needs someone like Patrick Marleau. Great vet. Still a great player. He'd be great in a Rex role here. Just a thought.

I'd take marrlue depending on what we have to give up for him, but will San jose try and trade him again after he said he wouldn't waive his ntc?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I think it would depend on the team and the situation.

Not sure what it would cost but a guy like him would go a long way on a team like ours. I think one of the things we lack on the team atm is a vet presence. People underestimate how important Rex was when he was traded here. Obviously we are a long ways to go, but I'd like to see him on this team at some point.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Who knows where he'll be at the end of the season?

Right now he's helping the team and certainly earning his paycheck.

Because that's what his career average says he will end up.

Am I to expect that because Kelly is playing well on a red hot line at the moment (through 6 games) that at age 34 he is suddenly going to become an offensive two-way force & finish the season as one of the teams top leading scorers??

Total overreaction by Kelly fanboys/girls

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Thing about Stewart is that he's had two great contract years before where he dramatically improved from one year to the next (one bad one as well though). I don't see any reason why he should be resigned, but I wouldn't mind him as a patchwork solution if Gagne doesn't work out.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Am I to expect that because Kelly is playing well on a red hot line at the moment (through 6 games) that at age 34 he is suddenly going to become an offensive two-way force & finish the season as one of the teams top leading scorers??

I think to this point we should be pretty happy with what Kelly has done so far.

The haters trying to discredit him based on what might happen later is a little ridiculous, imo.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
With 4 RFA/UFAs coming up this season and Joe Morrow pushing to be in the line up in the next 2 seasons-ish as well as Kevan Miller looking good, are the Bruins going to likely trade away another Dman of Boychuk calibre?

member 96824

Sums up his Career .. STL buddy hates him, says can't remember getting so frustrated with one guy.

I'd say my biggest problem is what happens if he goes in this "funk" in playoffs.

Your buddy must have blocked out Perron :laugh:

What a frustrating duo.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Charlie coyle to Boston

2016 first
Malcolm subban
Ryan spooner to wild

He is a right shot who is an emerging power forward. He's awesome on the walls and in the corners and plays on the PP for minnesota. The most important part of his game is that it works in any situation. 1st line, 4th line, he can adapt to a lot of different styles.

The first round pick is the tough piece for the bs to give up but Spooner can't play bottom 6 so with krecji and bergeron locked up he's blocked and subbs is blocked by Rask.

The Wild don't need any of that. At all.

Do people ever consider what the other team needs when offering up trade proposals? Serious question.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
They seem pretty high on Darcy. Not sure why they'd be actively looking for a young goalie.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Your buddy must have blocked out Perron :laugh:

What a frustrating duo.

Oh he'd agree :laugh:

Stewart just sucked him in.. Haahaa
( You can certainly see the skill set in Stewart and that's why STL buddy started snapping at him )

He'd have me on floor laughing at what Hitchcock was going to do to him... then Stewart comes out next game looking in crowd for Waldo again.

Soo funny when it's not happening to you.:laugh:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

No one is expecting him to suddenly end up with 65 points this season, but he is a guy who has shown he is capable of putting 15-20 goals up. And given he is playing with the best linemates of his career I wouldn't be shocked if he put up a career high in assists and points.

His role isn't to be the creator on that line. His role is to grind in the corners, bust his ass on defense, and fight hard to the net. He is fitting this role to a tee.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I have 10 goals in 3 mens league games and am a right shot. I'm a better option than Stewart and everyone else being suggested.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I look at guys like Stewart and Stafford as fallback options at the trade deadline.

Assuming we are in near the deadline and still haven't found a solution either internally or externally for the RW position, then you consider throwing a second and a prospect at Buffalo to get a Stafford or Stewart.

But these are both very flawed options. No reason to jump on a flawed option in October

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Charlie coyle to Boston

2016 first
Malcolm subban
Ryan spooner to wild

He is a right shot who is an emerging power forward. He's awesome on the walls and in the corners and plays on the PP for minnesota. The most important part of his game is that it works in any situation. 1st line, 4th line, he can adapt to a lot of different styles.

The first round pick is the tough piece for the bs to give up but Spooner can't play bottom 6 so with krecji and bergeron locked up he's blocked and subbs is blocked by Rask.

Think Coyle is a good fit, but that's a pretty hefty price. I'd think if they were moving him it'd be for 2 of those 3 assets at most ... provided they're open to moving him at all.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No one is expecting him to suddenly end up with 65 points this season, but he is a guy who has shown he is capable of putting 15-20 goals up. And given he is playing with the best linemates of his career I wouldn't be shocked if he put up a career high in assists and points.

His role isn't to be the creator on that line. His role is to grind in the corners, bust his ass on defense, and fight hard to the net. He is fitting this role to a tee.

My post was more in response to poster pointing out that Kelly is 2nd on the team in scoring.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I look at guys like Stewart and Stafford as fallback options at the trade deadline.

Assuming we are in near the deadline and still haven't found a solution either internally or externally for the RW position, then you consider throwing a second and a prospect at Buffalo to get a Stafford or Stewart.

But these are both very flawed options. No reason to jump on a flawed option in October

Why do you want to waste a draft pick? I don't think you think that either brings a Cup to Boston, so why do it?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Kelly averages 32 points per season if that is 16th on the Bruins in scoring we'll be in good shape this year

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

He scored 20 goals in his only healthy season in Boston- no reason to expect him to do less in a full year with soderberg and eriksson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad