Proposal: Bruins trade proposals, rumors, transaction suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I'm the resident Colborne defender. He's been really good with the Flames. And he's got 6 assists in 7 games so far this season and is looking like the big bodied center we drafted him for. He's still young and I have do doubt he'll end up being a very good player. His development is on going.

:)

Guys drafted in the top 20 shouldn't be 8 year projects. He was a terrible pick at the time and wil always be known as a terrible pick

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Asking a player who was a shutdown defenseman in junior to become a shutdown defenseman in the NHL/AHL has to be one of the mist difficult transitions. Not that impressive numbers but I'd still move Khokhlachev or Spooner and one of those seconds for him in hopes of him getting minutes in Boston under a system that can develop him properly.

People may have their issues with Julien but he is one of the best coaches at developing defensive systems that help the goalies and defense in the world.

I think it's risky, when you talk of trading those 2 prospects and for someone that might need more work then we think, would you be happy seeing Koko playing in PHX say putting up pts and Gormley ends up behind Joe Morrow on depth chart.
Not saying Morrow is better but he could be one day.

I do agree that if Claude has a strength in development it's with Defensemen

I followed Gormley closely when he was with Moncton. One of the few top prospects from the Island. Haven't had the pleasure of watching him live since turning pro, but I've never been completely sold on him as a high upside guy. Always seen him as more of a steady unspectacular defender with a good low/hard PP shot. I don't believe he will ever be a shutdown force or a dynamic offensive defenseman. In fact, doubt he ever provides much offense outside of the PP (if he gets it in the NHL). Jack of all trades, master of none. It's completely possible my dated viewings of him are wrong and he becomes that all situations minute eating defender. I've always believed he'd be an NHL'er though. He has the smarts. Just more likely a middle pairing guy at full capacity, as he's not blessed with any single extraordinary ability.

I'd be nice to have him in the organization. I think Spooner + Morrow is overpay though.
I'm going have to agree here, it's an overpayment but will say this depends on who else is after him BrainOfJ made a point that 29 other teams could offer too.. ( doubt that happens but could )
Joe Morrow
2013-14 Providence Bruins AHL GP56 G 6 A 23 PTS 29 PIM 28 +/- -1
Stats are just as good ( would need the eye test )

Spooner + 1st

for

Larsson

Probably not enough, but 1st rounders in this draft class are supposed to be golden. (Deep draft)

Offering this Pick so early with a great Draft coming, not the direction I'd go ...
Need a guarantee if I trade this pick ( This year anyways )

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
why don't we just call up Morrow and see what he can do before making these trades?

Morrow is clearly not ready yet for a top 4 role, I'd rather go the trade route, but right now I think the 1st line RW spot is more of a pressing need than the top 4 spot.

It's tough to rely on Gagne to be a presence on that line consistently throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad