Proposal: Bruins trade proposals, rumors, transaction suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Brandon Gormley
2013-14➖Portland Pirates AHL GP 54 G7 A 29 PTS 36 PIM 34 +\- -22

Decent for sure but -22 in that many games looks rough.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
That makes sense. "Lazy Russians" come with plenty of baggage, justified or not. Semin got traded. Sobatka (sp) bolted to the KHL. Perhaps there's a reason the Bruins don't have any Russian players on their big boy roster. :sarcasm:

Sobotka is Czech.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
How does the bolded have any affect or impact of the quality of the team out on the ice at the moment and for the foreseeable future?

Remember when the Canucks made the finals, what year was it? I forget. They must still be good, right?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Wasn't far off...

Eklund of all people reporting that Larsson is available for legit center help. Sharks supposedly the ones in conversations.

Gormley and Larsson in the same week being rumored?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Brandon Gormley
2013-14➖Portland Pirates AHL GP 54 G7 A 29 PTS 36 PIM 34 +\- -22

Decent for sure but -22 in that many games looks rough.

Asking a player who was a shutdown defenseman in junior to become a shutdown defenseman in the NHL/AHL has to be one of the mist difficult transitions. Not that impressive numbers but I'd still move Khokhlachev or Spooner and one of those seconds for him in hopes of him getting minutes in Boston under a system that can develop him properly.

People may have their issues with Julien but he is one of the best coaches at developing defensive systems that help the goalies and defense in the world.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
How does the bolded have any affect or impact of the quality of the team out on the ice at the moment and for the foreseeable future?

Cause we have 13 players that played in the Stanley Cup playoffs/ finals in 2013 on the roster...

Still here

Lucic
Krejci
Marchand
Bergeron
Kelly
Paille
Campbell
Soderberg
Chara
Seidenberg
Krug
Mcquaid
Rask

Out
Horton
Jagr
Seguin
Peverley
Thornton
Boychuk
Ference

In
Gagne
Eriksson
Combination of Spooner/Cunningham/Fraser
Hamilton
Miller

yes this team is currently weaker but they still have 13 players that made it to the cup finals 2 years ago so yes this team is 1 or 2 pieces away from being legit contenders again

If we get 1 top 9 winger and 1 top 4 Dmen this team can beat any team in the league

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Seriously? Why? Just because you can?

1 year separates them from a Cup Finals appearance.

How many years since Vancouver got there?

Seriously.

Later

Because I can what?

I was adding to what the other guy said, perhaps overly sarcastically, not sure what your problem with is, but whatever. Point being, yes, the Bruins made it to the finals a few seasons ago, but scenarios and circumstances can change quickly in the NHL. Vancouver went from the cup finals, to being ousted early, to not making the playoffs in a span of a couple years because their management made a handful of blunders (and injuries don't ever help). Not saying the Bruins will have the same fate, but they aren't impervious to it. Chiarelli's recent track record hasn't really made me feel optimistic.

Despite the recent win and subpar start, the Bruins are still a good team, but they are a weaker team than they have been in the past few years. They have a couple of major holes still, and players that hopefully aren't living on past playoff glories going forward. With Chara aging, I'm questioning, how long is our window open?

member 96824

Without going to the Devils board, I wonder if they spend as much time talking about their cup visit as we do...

Anyways, we've got a great trade chip in Spooner. IMO he's the real deal, we've seen his AHL play...we've seen the flashes at the NHL. We've seen him step up his game come playoff time. I think a Spooner+Morrow package for Gormley gets Brandon here...and from there, he develops into the stud D man that he can be. Just about every Coyotes fan that has weighed in has said he played well enough easily to make the team, but it just came down to a numbers game and being filled up on Gormley's side.

Now, it does give us another body to re-sign at the end of the year...but I don't think that's too big of an issue.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Without going to the Devils board, I wonder if they spend as much time talking about their cup visit as we do...

Anyways, we've got a great trade chip in Spooner. IMO he's the real deal, we've seen his AHL play...we've seen the flashes at the NHL. We've seen him step up his game come playoff time. I think a Spooner+Morrow package for Gormley gets Brandon here...and from there, he develops into the stud D man that he can be. Just about every Coyotes fan that has weighed in has said he played well enough easily to make the team, but it just came down to a numbers game and being filled up on Gormley's side.

Now, it does give us another body to re-sign at the end of the year...but I don't think that's too big of an issue.

I try to give them Bartkowski instead of Morrow.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I would try as well...but if Gormley's truly available, you have to think they'll have 29 teams calling.

I agree; however I'm not sure how inclined they'd be to trade within the same conference or division.

I think back to the Turris situation; while he demanded a trade (he wasn't getting the money from the Coyotes) they made sure to ship him to another conference.

I personally don't think he'll command a lot on the market.....if anything, he'll be traded for another disgruntled prospect that's struggled to make his team.

With TB losing Hedman; they could be a good option as they have a lot of young forwards. Connolly in a deal perhaps?

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I followed Gormley closely when he was with Moncton. One of the few top prospects from the Island. Haven't had the pleasure of watching him live since turning pro, but I've never been completely sold on him as a high upside guy. Always seen him as more of a steady unspectacular defender with a good low/hard PP shot. I don't believe he will ever be a shutdown force or a dynamic offensive defenseman. In fact, doubt he ever provides much offense outside of the PP (if he gets it in the NHL). Jack of all trades, master of none. It's completely possible my dated viewings of him are wrong and he becomes that all situations minute eating defender. I've always believed he'd be an NHL'er though. He has the smarts. Just more likely a middle pairing guy at full capacity, as he's not blessed with any single extraordinary ability.

I'd be nice to have him in the organization. I think Spooner + Morrow is overpay though.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Spooner + 1st

for

Larsson

Probably not enough, but 1st rounders in this draft class are supposed to be golden. (Deep draft)

No where near enough. New Jersey would want more than an average prospect (a little bit above average at best) and a late 1st rounder for a guy that they expect to be the future backbone of their defense.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
No where near enough. New Jersey would want more than an average prospect (a little bit above average at best) and a late 1st rounder for a guy that they expect to be the future backbone of their defense.

If he was the future backbone I'd imagine Larsson would be playing a ton. He hasn't played a single game for NJ this year.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Because I can what?

I was adding to what the other guy said, perhaps overly sarcastically, not sure what your problem with is, but whatever. Point being, yes, the Bruins made it to the finals a few seasons ago, but scenarios and circumstances can change quickly in the NHL. Vancouver went from the cup finals, to being ousted early, to not making the playoffs in a span of a couple years because their management made a handful of blunders (and injuries don't ever help). Not saying the Bruins will have the same fate, but they aren't impervious to it. Chiarelli's recent track record hasn't really made me feel optimistic.

Despite the recent win and subpar start, the Bruins are still a good team, but they are a weaker team than they have been in the past few years. They have a couple of major holes still, and players that hopefully aren't living on past playoff glories going forward. With Chara aging, I'm questioning, how long is our window open?

no idea how your comment was related to my post?

my point was, just because the team made it to the cup finals recently does not in any way shape or form indicate how they will fare this season.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Cause we have 13 players that played in the Stanley Cup playoffs/ finals in 2013 on the roster...

Still here

Lucic
Krejci
Marchand
Bergeron
Kelly
Paille
Campbell
Soderberg
Chara
Seidenberg
Krug
Mcquaid
Rask

Out
Horton
Jagr
Seguin
Peverley
Thornton
Boychuk
Ference

In
Gagne
Eriksson
Combination of Spooner/Cunningham/Fraser
Hamilton
Miller

yes this team is currently weaker but they still have 13 players that made it to the cup finals 2 years ago so yes this team is 1 or 2 pieces away from being legit contenders again

If we get 1 top 9 winger and 1 top 4 Dmen this team can beat any team in the league

so?

and for the record, we don't need a top 9 winger, we need a top LINE winger, big difference in cost there, both in assets required and cap hit, and it seems as if the cap hit is the biggest issue.

we also need a top 3 defensemen. Same issue. (especially when we just traded one)

we also need all those players you listed to actually start playing like the team that won the cup and made it to the finals.

I for one am not living off the past success of those players at the moment.

can they turn things around? Sure. Will they? sorry, but I am waiting to see it on the ice.

and that list of players that have departed, that's a long list of talent, heart and leadership gone in comparison to the list of new players coming in.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
It sounds like Larsson is on the trading block but how much could we expect him to contribute this year? His career he has not played much outside his rookie season [65, 37, 26, 0 games played]. Was that due to injury or him just not being ready for the NHL, or not good enough?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/larssad01.html

Certainly, I don't expect Adam Larsson to be ahead of Hamilton, considering he can't even get off New Jersey's bench.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
IMO, Devils would probably asked for R.Smith.

Larsson is nice, but we don't have the depth to acquire him unless the Devils only want picks back.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
If Larsson played the Bruins, I'd expect him to be paired with Chara.

Top 4 of

Chara/Larsson
Seids/Hamilton

great mix of vets and youth.

member 96824

With the way the Devils are built, they'd probably ask for Gagne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad