Proposal: Bruins trade proposals, rumors, transaction suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Didn't know he'd fallen off to that extent.. Waste of some great talent :(
Ofcourse he's not interesting at his current cap hit. Probably not at all if there are character-issues or whatever.
Thank you.

I don't mean to make it sound like I've written him off completely. He still has some nice tools and could be a decent dman, but I thought he had top pairing potential at one point and I don't think that's true any more, and I wonder if he'll ever be more than a bottom pairing guy on a good team.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
What about Josh Gorges at the deadline from the Sabres, he would come in and be exactly what we need.

Maybe Buffalo can eat 1 mill so he would be a 2.9 million steal for the next 3 years.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What about Josh Gorges at the deadline from the Sabres, he would come in and be exactly what we need.

we need a 3.9 million cap hit for another 3 years after this one for a guy who produces little?

I would wager there`s a D-man out there who brings what he can for half that price if Chia looks hard enough

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
we need a 3.9 million cap hit for another 3 years after this one for a guy who produces little?

I would wager there`s a D-man out there who brings what he can for half that price if Chia looks hard enough

I think he is very underrated and very good player in his own end, 3.9 is probs too high but if Buffalo can retain a bit it could be worth it, Bart could go the other way so off Buffalo eats 1m then he only costs us an extra 1.6 million against the cap.

You can then put Sides back with Chara in the playoffs and Gorges becomes our New Ference

Chara-Sides
Gorges-Dougie
Krug-McQuaid

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Chia needs to find another Seidenberg (diamond in the rough).

How about zbynek michalek. Pure rental, right shot, defensive system in phoenix err Arizona, physical, blocks shots, boring d man with lots of exp. Arizona will likely deal him this year as they stink and he's 32 and ufa at seasons end

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
How about zbynek michalek. Pure rental, right shot, defensive system in phoenix err Arizona, physical, blocks shots, boring d man with lots of exp. Arizona will likely deal him this year as they stink and he's 32 and ufa at seasons end

I like this option.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
We are not close to winning the cup or anything for the next few years, time to trade Chara.. send him to a team that is close and needs that extra something to get over the hump. San Jose, Anaheim, Minnesota Colorado would take him in a second. A Good young defenseman coming back. Vatanen, Folin are good young players to help us build for a future.

It is time to face facts, this team is not going to compete for a cup this year or next. Not until our young players in Providence are ready to contribute.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Great example. A quiet guy perhaps underrated.

How much $$ does he make this year?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Great example. A quiet guy perhaps underrated.

How much $$ does he make this year?

4m. At the deadline that's a prorated cap hit though if I understand the cap correctly and if you deal Bart I'm pretty sure his cap hit falls off 100% so I minimal hit at the deadline... Could be way off on how the cap works though

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
We are not close to winning the cup or anything for the next few years, time to trade Chara.. send him to a team that is close and needs that extra something to get over the hump. San Jose, Anaheim, Minnesota Colorado would take him in a second. A Good young defenseman coming back. Vatanen, Folin are good young players to help us build for a future.

It is time to face facts, this team is not going to compete for a cup this year or next. Not until our young players in Providence are ready to contribute.

I'm disappointed in the start but they are one year removed from a cup final. One or 2 pieces away from legit contenders this year. Its not chicken little time yet

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
4m. At the deadline that's a prorated cap hit though if I understand the cap correctly and if you deal Bart I'm pretty sure his cap hit falls off 100% so I minimal hit at the deadline... Could be way off on how the cap works though

I only ask because Chiarelli tends to covet guys he can re-sign.

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
I don't mean to make it sound like I've written him off completely. He still has some nice tools and could be a decent dman, but I thought he had top pairing potential at one point and I don't think that's true any more, and I wonder if he'll ever be more than a bottom pairing guy on a good team.

Exactly why I thought he would be a good addition because I remember him having alot of upside and thought maybe a change from Florida to Boston could help both parties but maybe I was wrong :/

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
Will he ever control a game the way Ray could? Probably not. But he can certainly develop into an excellent defensive & offensive D. He can become a five on five and power play quaterback, given time & maturity. He's a smart kid who seems to see the ice very well.

He's only 21 and tuteling under the league's premier shut down D who can also teach a thing or two about scoring. I'm sure Z is also helping with conditioning habits and skills unique to big men in the NHL.

Offensive skills? Like Ray, who scored 65 points in his rookie campaign? Hamilton had 16 points. I'm just saying, let's not be ridiculous.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I'm disappointed in the start but they are one year removed from a cup final. One or 2 pieces away from legit contenders this year. Its not chicken little time yet

Fairly large and expensive pieces. Pieces that the bruins do not have the cap space for, or the resources to acquire without making bigger holes.
Trading Boychuck is pretty telling IMO.
The cap penalty is hamstringing this team this year.

4,779,500 according to cap geek is the penalty for overages

That's a pretty solid D man or forward. (as you saw with Boychuck going bye bye)
I do not see anyone else in the league that is top tier that is even close to that kind of handicap.Until we can put a full compliment out this team is going to come up short.
If you really think the bruins are a piece or two away?
Not without taking salary back, and sending some away.

They will have to make do with what they have, unless someone rather large is moving out $dollar$ for 3 quarters and a scratch and win ticket (if we are lucky enough to get a dollars worth)

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Offensive skills? Like Ray, who scored 65 points in his rookie campaign? Hamilton had 16 points. I'm just saying, let's not be ridiculous.

Ray at 18 was already a man and maybe he has never been credited for his strength.

Completely different bodies and era.

Give me Gromley just because he is available. He could have been a center and I would still want him. It is not like he would be another Joe Colborne (center!)

Last edited:

member 96824

Not with LTIR. Since it isn't actual cap space, you don't get the benefit of the pro-rated cap number.

Hence why if you look at capgeek, most teams are "Cap space 2 mil, deadline 9" or whatever but ours is the same number across the board.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Not with LTIR. Since it isn't actual cap space, you don't get the benefit of the pro-rated cap number.

Hence why if you look at capgeek, most teams are "Cap space 2 mil, deadline 9" or whatever but ours is the same number across the board.

Can a trade partner take the burden of the full cap hit as part of the deal? Could Arizona take 2 million of his 4 million cap number for example

member 96824

Can a trade partner take the burden of the full cap hit as part of the deal? Could Arizona take 2 million of his 4 million cap number for example

Absolutely. Was the case with Meszaros last year. Philly took on 2M of the 4M.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

At the start of 2011,they were coming off one of the most embarrassing losses in NHL history,the collapse against the Flyers. I think you are correct,add one or two pieces and we can be legit contenders.The Bruins possibly peaked too early last year, I don't mind going through some growing pains in October.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ray at 18 was already a man and maybe he has never been credited for his strength.

Completely different bodies and era.

Give me Gromley just because he is available. He could have been a center and I would still want him. It is not like he would be another Joe Colborne (center!)

I'm the resident Colborne defender. He's been really good with the Flames. And he's got 6 assists in 7 games so far this season and is looking like the big bodied center we drafted him for. He's still young and I have do doubt he'll end up being a very good player. His development is on going.

:)

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

How does the bolded have any affect or impact of the quality of the team out on the ice at the moment and for the foreseeable future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad