Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Nick Foligno (2 years, $3.8M/yr)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Yea he has till Dec 15th or would need to clear waivers.I read that somewhere today.

cba section 13.23

if he signs with another league , then to get back here this season he must satisfy two things.
Before the trade deadline AND pass through nhl waivers to get back to Bruins.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I can.
No way he passes through waivers.
And no , a team cant claim him and trade him back to us without him going through waivers again.
I didn’t realize he would have to pass though waivers as a UFA? If he had a one year deal in his home country and it expires he cant sign as UFA with whoever he wanted as long as it’s before deadline?

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
cba section 13.23

if he signs with another league , then to get back here this season he must satisfy two things.
Before the trade deadline AND pass through nhl waivers to get back to Bruins.
Ah… is that if he is under contract or just playing in another pro league in same season ?

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Just love this signing.

Guy was traded for a 1st couple months ago.

Never stop hard working 2 way F.

Leadership.

Can play up and down the lineup, any position and special teams.

Bergeron approved seal.

Only 2y contract.

All these Backes references/allusions should be ashamed.
Four horsemen of Apocalypse on horizon. I agree with you 100% on this.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Just love this signing.

Leadership.

Bergeron approved seal.

Only 2y contract.

Just think it’s a huge overpay. 17 goals in his last 116 games is not ideal for that cap hit.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I have not seen anyone mention it but he's good buddies with McQuaid so if Lone Wolf is back with the organization then he could have pitched Boston too. Either way I'm sure he asked McQuaid about the organization.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yea he has till Dec 15th or would need to clear waivers.I read that somewhere today.
Sunday NHL Rumor Roundup – August 8, 2021 | Spectors Hockey

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Sweeney hinted David Krejci could return to the Bruins later this season. However, he’d have to sign before Dec. 15 to avoid passing through waivers. After that, he’d had to sign before the trade deadline but there’s no guarantee he won’t get snapped up by a rival club on the waive wire.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I didn’t realize he would have to pass though waivers as a UFA? If he had a one year deal in his home country and it expires he cant sign as UFA with whoever he wanted as long as it’s before deadline?

its to keep teams from stashing players in other leagues. So it doesnt matter if his Euro season ends first. If a UFA signs with and plays with a Euro team during anNHL season then in order to return in that NHL season the player must be signed before the Trade Deadline AND pass thru NHLwaivers.
And ‘no’ a team cant claim him and trade him to Boston unless he once again passes through waivers.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
its to keep teams from stashing players in other leagues. So it doesnt matter if his Euro season ends first. If a UFA signs with and plays with a Euro team during anNHL season then in order to return in that NHL season the player must be signed before the Trade Deadline AND pass thru NHLwaivers.
And ‘no’ a team cant claim him and trade him to Boston unless he once again passes through waivers.

The trick is to sign him for a higher cap hit. If someone claims him then he's an over-35 contract and he can simply retire, leaving that team with a cap problem.

petrobruin

Mar 19, 2002
London Ont.
Visit site
Interesting

I appear to be the only one on HF that likes the move - I’ve got room if you want yo join me

I love the move , perfect utility player . Anywhere up and down the line up. Plays the game right and tough as nails. Skating is not an issue unlike Ritchie who was out of the play most times unless he made it to the net on time to park.

I cant see any draw backs if he's healthy and ready to go.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Just love this signing.

Leadership.

Bergeron approved seal.

Only 2y contract.

And everyone in the free world, including people here laughed at the ridiculous cost. This board was destroying the Laffs for that move.

As far as Backes, I think it's concern about the level of play, I mean at least Backes was still productive. I mean looking over the months leading up to the free agency signing day, 0 people here said "You know what? I hope the Bruins sign the same Nick Foligno we laughed at when he got dealt to the leafs....for about 4 mil per season.

Reactions: EverettMike

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Just think it’s a huge overpay. 17 goals in his last 116 games is not ideal for that cap hit.

I don't think its 'huge' and I think he probably had better offers $$/term than this.

I know we are getting him 3-4 years too late but you never know he could turn back the clock and have 1 more great season with us this year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
And everyone in the free world, including people here laughed at the ridiculous cost. This board was destroying the Laffs for that move.

As far as Backes, I think it's concern about the level of play, I mean at least Backes was still productive. I mean looking over the months leading up to the free agency signing day, 0 people here said "You know what? I hope the Bruins sign the same Nick Foligno we laughed at when he got dealt to the leafs....for about 4 mil per season.

The main difference I see with Backes aside from the smaller deal and shorter team (which is huge) is that Backes was signed to be the top 6 power forward that he was throughout his St. Louis career and which he did not live up to very much here. Foligno is not being brought in to play as that guy. He might get some time in the top 6 if need requires, but I don't believe that is the main point behind his signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad