Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign John Moore 5 years 2.75 aav

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That part makes sense.

But your not getting Panarin right now for free.

You can get Ryan O'Reilly if it's a center you want. They don't move often but they do move.

And even thought Marchand and Pasta are on good contracts, those are still high number contracts.

Why are you moving quality under 30 players?

Backes would of been fine had they actually used him as a center and not a grinding winger.

I'd do Panarin for picks/prospects for one year. But no way do I extend him out long-term and have to subtract from other positions to have a strong team on the wing and crap up the middle. Ask the Hab fans how the quality wing/lousy C and D plan is working for them.

Because if you have to you can move them and you can move them for value.
Trying to trade guys like Lucic is what hurts you like hell. In a dream World this roster doesn't have Backes's of the World, 0 of them.

I'd take RoR to Boston, but Panarin is better. He's a game changer offensively. ROR like Panarin isn't free and I've seen nothing saying Boston is after him, I also doubt Buffalo would trade him to Boston without getting something serious back.

Boston has 0 players making superstar money, yet I read here like there's 2 wingers making franchise money.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
This deal at this money and this term only makes sense if there is another deal coming as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind the player and I don't mind the term in the money but it puts up a huge roadblock to the prospects we have in the pipeline if there isn't someone going out

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
That part makes sense.

But your not getting Panarin right now for free.

You can get Ryan O'Reilly if it's a center you want. They don't move often but they do move.

And even thought Marchand and Pasta are on good contracts, those are still high number contracts.

Why are you moving quality under 30 players?

Backes would of been fine had they actually used him as a center and not a grinding winger.

I'd do Panarin for picks/prospects for one year. But no way do I extend him out long-term and have to subtract from other positions to have a strong team on the wing and crap up the middle. Ask the Hab fans how the quality wing/lousy C and D plan is working for them.

As soon as they get quality wings I’ll ask them

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If the Bruins are going to keep the big line together then your two best wingers are on one line . Krejci doesn’t look like he is going anywhere, so why bring in another center? The Bruins had no secondary scoring against Tampa , how do you suggest they improve on that next year ?

Kuznetsov-Backstrom-Eller-Beagle

Crosby-Malkin-Bonino-Cullen

Toews-Richards-Shaw-Vermette

Kopitar-Carter-Richards-Stoll

Depth up the middle, that's how you win. Maybe it means taking Pasta off the top line, I don't know.

Shore up the middle, let the young wingers already on the team continue to grow and develop, and secondary scoring will be just fine.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
This deal at this money and this term only makes sense if there is another deal coming as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind the player and I don't mind the term in the money but it puts up a huge roadblock to the prospects we have in the pipeline if there isn't someone going out

This 110%. This move happens and you can’t help but think there HAS to be (at least) one player on defense leaving this team.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I mean if you don't think Krug could return a lottery pick that plus is going to have to be enormous.

Panarin would obviously be amazing though.

I don’t think the bruins would accept/offer a trade unless panarin accepted an extension. But under that assumption I think it would cost us Krug/b grade prospect /2nd round draft pick. Again assuming it came with an extension.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I don’t think the bruins would accept/offer a trade unless panarin accepted an extension. But under that assumption I think it would cost us Krug/b grade prospect /2nd round draft pick. Again assuming it came with an extension.

I love Krug but I'd make that trade 10/10 times.

Have a feeling it would cost more but who knows.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Moore being paid as third pair

He’s 27 with 5 years so I’d he in as the 6/7 and McQuaid out?

De Hann is available will be interesting to see what he gets
4.5m x 3 ... minimum I'd say.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Pacioretty
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Drouin
Shaw
Byron
Lehkonen
Hudon

That's a pretty solid group of wingers.

Got them nowhere with no depth in the middle or on D.

Panarin
Pastrnak
Marchand are all better. That’s a bunch of bottom 9 wingers. Boston would have 3 top line wingers.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Pacioretty
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Drouin
Shaw
Byron
Lehkonen
Hudon

That's a pretty solid group of wingers.

Got them nowhere with no depth in the middle or on D.

That’s great but bruins are already solid up the middle and have the room that they planned to offer $$ for Tavares for panarin new contract. Also if it were krug going the other way that opens up 5.25 million against the cap the next two seasons. Bruins have also been rumored to be moving backes so he can free up room, but I would assume we would have to retain some portion of the salary similar to the beleskey deal.

Bruins are in a much different situation than the Canadians that’s an apples to oranges comparison

Reactions: Mpasta

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Annual pricetag is not bad but the term is terrible. 5 years, really Sweeney? It smells like a Belesky/Backes type of contract. Should have been at most a 3 year contract to bridge the gap until the young kids are ready.

I'll say it again, cos I've said it before, Sweeney has been great at drafting and developing talent but terrible in free agency and trades. Come on Don, I thought you were gonna step up your game, this isn't 'the move' that takes the franchise to the next level!!

Reactions: UncleRico

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Kuznetsov-Backstrom-Eller-Beagle

Crosby-Malkin-Bonino-Cullen

Toews-Richards-Shaw-Vermette

Kopitar-Carter-Richards-Stoll

Depth up the middle, that's how you win. Maybe it means taking Pasta off the top line, I don't know.

Shore up the middle, let the young wingers already on the team continue to grow and develop, and secondary scoring will be just fine.

I think Chicago counts as a point against you. Sure they had Toews, but their 2Cs were always below par in their cup runs. Instead, they had Kane, Hossa and Sharp as wingers carrying them offensively.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I love Krug but I'd make that trade 10/10 times.

Have a feeling it would cost more but who knows.

It might cost more for sure, but even if it does I feel adding to it is worth it also. All this is under the assumption that panarin signs an extension. But if krug leaves that frees up 5.25 million in cap space the next two seasons and we will have more flexibility through that.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think Chicago counts as a point against you. Sure they had Toews, but their 2Cs were always below par in their cup runs. Instead, they had Kane, Hossa and Sharp as wingers carrying them offensively.

Agreed. Chicago certainly never had a 2nd line center as strong as krejci during those cup runs.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
If the Bruins are going to keep the big line together then your two best wingers are on one line . Krejci doesn’t look like he is going anywhere, so why bring in another center? The Bruins had no secondary scoring against Tampa , how do you suggest they improve on that next year ?

No it's easy, ask Montreal. You just go out and get another center.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Annual pricetag is not bad but the term is terrible. 5 years, really Sweeney? It smells like a Belesky/Backes type of contract. Should have been at most a 3 year contract to bridge the gap until the young kids are ready.

I'll say it again, cos I've said it before, Sweeney has been great at drafting and developing talent but terrible in free agency and trades. Come on Don, I thought you were gonna step up your game, this isn't 'the move' that takes the franchise to the next level!!

Spending 5 million a year the next two seasons on Moore, Wagner and Nordstrom is a very bad look. And the added term for Moore for years 3-5 when we have good prospects coming up makes it worse.

On top of that spending more on Halak than khudobin was asking for makes it even worse.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Spending 5 million a year the next two seasons on Moore, Wagner and Nordstrom is a very bad look. And the added term for Moore for years 3-5 when we have good prospects coming up makes it worse.

On top of that spending more on Halak than khudobin was asking for makes it even worse.

It was only 500k more and well worth it IMO

Reactions: wintersej

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I never said he was the answer for this season a a savior on D. I said he have 8 nhl ready defenders right now who have all produced. If there are injuries zboril can be called up for an interim period for a few games while players are injured.

Just saying I don’t see us going into the season with chara, krug, gryz, mcavoy, Carlo, miller and mcquaid all on the roster. If we trade one of them which I expect we will and injuries do happen I assume a trade similar to what we did with golden will happen.

Worst case scenario zboril is called up for a few games.

Having 8 going in is a good strategy so we don't have to waste a 3rd on a rental again. Plus Gryz can go downs

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
This makes no sense AT ALL..

They need higher caliber and they keep going after scraps and giving them way more than they should. Sweeney has got to fire his NHL pro scouts.

He is no better than Holden and with Miller and Mcquaid we have way too many average defensemen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad