Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign John Moore 5 years 2.75 aav

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Panarin is an expensive rental. Why would you want to spend good assets for him? Especially at a position where he isn't needed (LW).

I'd rather be deeper on D than add another winger to a team already employing two of the best (Marchand/Pasta).

You don't win cups by loading up at the wing position

You know how good Panarin is?

I would trade Krug for Panarin (rental) yesterday

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You know how good Panarin is?

I would trade Krug for Panarin (rental) yesterday

He's a great player, no question.

Value wise the trade is fair.

But last year just two teams had two 30 goal wingers, and the Bruins were already one of them. So why are you adding ANOTHER top winger at the expense of your D?

Cups are won by teams built up the middle and on D, not teams spending cap space and assets on luxury wingers.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Alone I agree it doesn't make sense. But, I do think he is the kind of guy who can play above his past in a system like Cassidy's. Attack at the red line with his speed. We all kept saying we hope Sweeney can find the next Seidenberg or Boychuk. Well. It at least makes sense they think this is a guy that can play above his previous play in a system suited to his talents.

He's not an upgrade on any of Chara/Krug/McAvoy/Carlo, then add Kevan& developing Grzelcyk.

+ The kids should be pushing for 3rd pair spots at some point, Sweeney is spending way too much money on nothing right now.

2.75M on a backup,
4-5M on press box just due to the depth on defense,
Seids buy out
(6M on Backes).

Just too much on guys who don't improve the roster. Now I'm just waiting Tampa to go all in on Karlsson.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Would certainly not be as a rental.

Unnecessary? It was the Bruins getting NOTHING from lines 2 and 3 that cost them this last season. I would think it would be obvious that more punch is exactly what they need.

Then go get a center. Don't waste cap space and assets on another scoring winger with Pasta and Marchand already on the roster.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Snooping at the HF Devils and most of them are celebrating and laughing at the Bruins for overpaying for Moore

good on 3 and 3 (OT) and not reliable on 5 on 5s. Good size, skater. Decent offensive instincts

Maybe Sweeney trying to makeup for the loss of Colin Miller ...sigh

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Panarin is an expensive rental. Why would you want to spend good assets for him? Especially at a position where he isn't needed (LW).

I'd rather be deeper on D than add another winger to a team already employing two of the best (Marchand/Pasta).

Bruins currently have 4 LHD and 4 RHD. Unless bruins plan on running the ultra rare 4 defensive pairings, a trade is imminent for either krug or gryz. Also who is to say panarin won’t sign a long term deal here? krug only has two years left on his contract and with LHD being very strong in our prospect pool, I doubt we sign him to a big deal after this contract.

Maybe panarin plays the off wing or we trade for an actual right handed shot RW, but by the looks of it right now a trade is imminent with one of our LHD on the move and it won’t be chara.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Bruins currently have 4 LHD and 4 RHD. Unless bruins plan on running the ultra rare 4 defensive pairings, a trade is imminent for either krug or gryz. Also who is to say panarin won’t sign a long term deal here? krug only has two years left on his contract and with LHD being very strong in our prospect pool, I doubt we sign him to a big deal after this contract.

Maybe panarin plays the off wing or we trade for an actual right handed shot RW, but by the looks of it right now a trade is imminent with one of our LHD on the move and it won’t be chara.

Panarin is a right shot left wing. He plays his off side

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Snooping at the HF Devils and most of them are celebrating and laughing at the Bruins for overpaying for Moore

good on 3 and 3 (OT) and not reliable on 5 on 5s. Good size, skater. Decent offensive instincts

Maybe Sweeney trying to makeup for the loss of Colin Miller ...sigh

Every board acts like jilted lovers when a player leaves.

He's making 2.5 ffs. Brings size speed some offense and some moxie.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Another winger let’s the Bruins keep the big line together and Debrusk - Krejci need someone legit with them . A good winger would help this team immensely in my opinion.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

You do realize players get hurt right? And it's not like Gryz (who I'm a fan of) is a super-established player or is making big money. It's OK to have NHL caliber depth at the D position, it's actually a good thing and most teams want more than just 6 NHL caliber D.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
A lot of people thought the Kevan Miller signing was bad too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cronuss

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Another winger let’s the Bruins keep the big line together and Debrusk - Krejci need someone legit with them . A good winger would help this team immensely in my opinion.

I'd take Panarin as a 1-year rental for just picks and prospects.

But not a chance do I subtract from the current roster moving a key player like Krug to bring him in as a rental. And they can't afford to spend cap space on 3 elite wingers. Bruins already have two.

No cup champion has built their team by investing big money AND term at the wing position.

Did Washington have a Panarin-caliber winger as their 3rd best wing?

How about Pittsburgh? Or Chicago? Or LA?

All those teams were built up the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->