Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign John Moore 5 years 2.75 aav

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
With the injury issues the Bs have had defensively come playoff time I hope they hang on to all of these guys. Cassidy mentioned rotating some of the D when they are all healthy, depending on matchups. I like that strategy.

As for Moore, although he hasn't contributed offensively as much as I thought he would (as if he's had much chance given how the bottom 9 have failed to produce), I have been pleasantly surprised with him in his own zone. He looked incredibly pedestrian defensively in past years, and prone to making boneheaded mistakes. He has not been making dumb mistakes this season, is getting the job done in his own zone, and does a great job in the transition game. So far I am impressed with Moore and think it may be a more impactful signing than I originally thought it would be.

Reactions: veganbruin

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I like Miller and think he's improved a lot over the past 2 seasons. I would put him as the #7 over Kampfer. The above is what I would run with though.

No way unless you lose Carlo or Chara and need a D first guy Miller shouldn't play over Kampfer. Miller really hurts our transition game and was brutal in the playoffs.

Kampfer is a very good 3rd pairing guy. Hes probably not anything more but his D partner has been Grizz or a kid with no experience and they have barely made a mistake. I didn't think a Kampfer-Gryzlyk pairing would work but it looked good from my seats last night. I think Miller would struggle big time in that role. Its nice to have a plus skater and a plus puck mover with a little bit of physicality back there in that role. I'm glad we didn't see a Lauzen-Kevan Miller pairing.

The two are actually the same age but one clearly has more left in the tank and isn't on the decline. If he was any younger I'd be trying to lock him in around 1-1.2 mil for 2-3 years. Might be a good idea anyway sign him for that amount and if he ends up in Providence he doesn't impact the cap. You get in cap trouble quickly when your depth guys get paid like Miller and McQuaid were.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It's early, but Moore playing extremely well, if Seattle gets a team (if this confirmed??), he could be a very intriguing player for them via expansion.

Yeah this is spot on sadly.

Exactly what an expansion team is after.

I don't think twice about coughing up a 4th or 5th for a promise to not take him. Might be more than this.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Yeah this is spot on sadly.

Exactly what an expansion team is after.

I don't think twice about coughing up a 4th or 5th for a promise to not take him. Might be more than this.
i think Boston gave him that long contract expecting this. It's gonna be either Moore or Backes (if he doesn't get traded or bought out.) Maybe even Krejci or Rask. (Towards the end of their heavy contracts, mid-30s. Like Fleury.)

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
i think Boston gave him that long contract expecting this. It's gonna be either Moore or Backes (if he doesn't get traded or bought out.) Maybe even Krejci or Rask. (Towards the end of their heavy contracts, mid-30s. Like Fleury.)

Yeah the last year of DK, Backes, and Rask (20 mil) coincides with Seattles expansion. Thats not a bad year to have cap problems. Next year we will be OK with so many young guys despite those 3 big deals but 2020/2021 could be a crunch.

But again good year to move salary. All their clauses will be gone. Seattle has a floor to reach and will want to do it with guys on 1 year deals. I think we have room on the cap for one more high end veteran player long term.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Never been a big Miller fan. When all healthy

33-73
47-25
48-27

Kampfer is your 7. Lauzon your 8.

Miller will be here and I like him on the PK but isn’t he clearly the 7th best defensemen?

To think back, the hue and cry on here 2 years ago was that this was the worst defensive group in the league. The depth here is astounding.
You nailed it with Moore btw, I like his game a lot and the term/$ is already looking to be a value signing based on his age at UFA. This is the template on how you win on July 1st, incremental improvements without crippling cap flexibility.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It goes to show you that the "non all-stars" are usually the best pick ups, the Lucic's and Backes though are the "sexy" picks usually are the most costly in the long run.
need look no further to the additions Chia made during the Cup year, Kelly/Pevs and Kaberle, while Kaberle might have fallen a bit into the "sexy" category, I recall the threads on Kelly and Pevs here........ouch is how I would describe them at the time and until they became better acclimated with the team/system

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
cut.jpg

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->