Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Jaroslav Halak 2yr x 2.75

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
GARBAGE waste of money .....We signed GARBAGE......We just signed the Islanders goalie.....PUKE......An under achieving jumped the shark can of garbage.....
:laugh: Too funny.

Give him a chance.. See what the price tag was and how he plays.
Ive always liked Halak. I think he'll be a very good addition. I mean their not going to go out and get anyone much better,with paying Tuukka 7mil.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Let me guess.... You went to NHL.com, searched Halak's stats and saw his 3.18 GAA and .908 SV% and compared that to Dobby's. Right? Just curious if you ignore the teams that each goalie played for.

You can't ignore it nor can you use it as an excuse for Halak's awful numbers last year.

Reactions: Strafer

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Didn't see this one coming at all. Halak has been making starter's money and started 49 games last season. I assume he didn't take too massive of a pay cut to come to Boston, so my guess would be at minimum what Dobby was wanting but likely more. With goalies at Halak's age you can usually safely ignore a one-off bad season since 33 is not washed up territory yet. I've never been that impressed with Halak as a starter, however he should be at least a solid backup who can step in for long stretches if Rask gets hurt. The Bs absolutely needed to get an experienced backup going into the season. I'm glad they got one. Hopefully Halak keeps his head on straight and has a bounce back couple of seasons.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
These are the 2 seasons prior to joining the Bruins of their past two backup goalies. Which one is which?

GamesGAA SV %
34 2.72.900
9 2.69 .909
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Games GAA SV %
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Nothing to get excited about for either of them yet people here are acting like Dobby really is a magical house elf.

Both of them had great seasons with .926 sv % but that was years removed from joining the Bruins.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

At ES, There isn't much of a difference in Halak/Khudobin's numbers. The team in front of a goalie plays a huge part in a goalie's numbers.

Already said it had an impact. Not denying it.

How many people here roasted Rask for every goal against last year, even if the goal was far from his fault.

And the SP% stat is just that, a stat. Bottom line his team allowed the most goals against in the NHL last year and he started 2/3 of those games.

There seems to be a lot of posters just assuming none of this was Halak's fault and the guy will automatically become a top level goaltender now that he's on the Bruins.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Already said it had an impact. Not denying it.

How many people here roasted Rask for every goal against last year, even if the goal was far from his fault.

And the SP% stat is just that, a stat. Bottom line his team allowed the most goals against in the NHL last year and he started 2/3 of those games.

There seems to be a lot of posters just assuming none of this was Halak's fault and the guy will automatically become a top level goaltender now that he's on the Bruins.

...He's our backup goalie. I think he'll be a good backup goalie. Is anyone expecting him to be elite?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
...He's our backup goalie. I think he'll be a good backup goalie. Is anyone expecting him to be elite?

Well some think he's coming here to be a 1-A/1-B scenario. I think the guy is clearly a back-up, and a mid-range one at best.

That cap hit is absolutely gross for a goaltender the caliber of Jaroslav Halak. The go from the devil-you-know (Khudobin) to the devil-you-don't (Halak) AND spend more money to do so?

I advocated spending decent money on a quality back-up, but I'm not sure that is Jaro Halak at this point.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So more money to Halak than K.

Takes a lot of the cap space away.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
$2.75 mil per is not crazy bad, but I'm a little miffed they didn't give Dobby the $2.5 he wanted. Dobby was a known quantity in that he got along well with Rask and his teammates and accepted his role without creating problems. My main worry with Halak is that he has been a bit of a head case in the past and can be pretty inconsistent. I know, I know, all goalies are supposedly head cases and can be inconsistent. Dobby, though, has never showed many signs of being a head case, and I felt he was pretty consistent. The second half of last season he put up a couple stinkers, but I thought some of the games where he gave up goals were not remotely his fault. Missing key players resulted in train wreck level defense some games in which no goalie on the planet could have stopped the easy chances other teams were getting vs Dobby. On the whole he was one hell of a backup last season and was a huge reason the Bs did so well in the fall when they had to lean on him. It is what it is. Halak is the backup now so I hope he comes up huge and makes everyone forget about Dobby. He is a better option than some of the other available goalies out there, so there's that.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
:laugh: Too funny.

Give him a chance.. See what the price tag was and how he plays.
Ive always liked Halak. I think he'll be a very good addition. I mean their not going to go out and get anyone much better,with paying Tuukka 7mil.
You have always "Liked" Halak. Whatever, the guy is a retreads retread, whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad